Obie
If Astons will be competing, I would like to organize a group trip of my local AMOC (California) to the 2009 Le Mans 24 hour race.  I have sent emails to the Aston Martin race department and to customer service asking if the company will be sponsoring cars in the race, but I have received no reply.  Does anyone know if there will be company or private sponsored Astons competing in that race?

Obie Silverwood
Quote 0 0
Tim M
There should be 'Works' entered Astons in LMP1, GT1 and GT2. There should also be some Privateers in GT1 and GT2. I would guess that 'Prodrive' (Dave Richards) will be producing the 'works' cars.
Quote 0 0
Russell
blimey obie good luck to you mate if you plan to organise anything to do with that event. easy it aint.
24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case, coincidence ? i think not.
Quote 0 0
williamp
Cool. Try and get camping at "Houx". A lot of us are there this year.
Quote 0 0
Bruno
Williamp wrote:

Cool. Try and get camping at "Houx". A lot of us are there this year.
Thats the 'Houx' not the 'Houx Annex' which is an awful site next door
Chris - Four Ashes
Quote 0 0
geewizzpip
Which bar do you use at The Four Ashes Chris?
Quote 0 0
john curtis
Crow Bar  ;D
Quote 0 0
David W.
Tim M wrote:

There should be 'Works' entered Astons in LMP1, GT1 and GT2. There should also be some Privateers in GT1 and GT2. I would guess that 'Prodrive' (Dave Richards) will be producing the 'works' cars.
There is discussion elsewhere in that Aston Works have not officially entered yet. It won't be the same without them but time yet perhaps?

http://www.lemans.org/sport/sport/actu/2009-01-20_GD_3629_gb.html
Quote 0 0
Lordsoandso
At the AMHT lecture the other week the head of AM Racing was fairly adamant they would be at Le Mans, he just wouldn't say with what.
Quote 0 0
pbrett
LMP1!!!!

As the News bulletin says ;D
Quote 0 0
Tim M
The LMP1 Aston will be really up against it, Audi have produced a new car (diesel) and if it is better than the last one they don't stand a chance, no doubt Peugot, after getting beaten by the slower Audi last year, will be going for it and there are a few more petrol powered cars that are likely to be competetive.
If the Aston is completely fault free and can match the diesel times then it may stand a chance but I'm afraid the diesels are most likely to win.
Quote 0 0
Nick Duckworth
But new rules have restricted the diesels.........
Quote 0 0
Tim M
THe rules won't apply to the French (Peugot) and the sneaky Germans have done the 'dorst wurst technik' thing (you know what I mean!)
Quote 0 0
Nick Duckworth
Hmmmm.........back to merlin engines and guns then  ;D
Quote 0 0