MPD

Set against the dramatic back drop of the Cotswold hills, in an ‘Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty’, Sudeley Castle & Gardens is just five miles from Broadway.

It has played an important role in the turbulent and changing times of England’s past, with Royal connections stretching back 1000 years.

Inside, the Castle contains many fascinating treasures from ancient Roman times to the present day. Outside, the Castle is surrounded by award-winning gardens and a breathtaking 1,200 acre estate – all in the heart of the Cotswolds.

Sudeley Castle & Gardens is also the only private castle in England to have a queen buried within its grounds – Katherine Parr, the last of Henry VIII’s  six wives.

Visiting members will be able to explore the grounds, interior of the Castle and Chapel at no extra charge.

Sudeley Castle lends itself perfectly for an AMOC Concours with flat, manicured lawns, on which we have special permission form Lady Ashcombe to park visiting Aston Martins, which is just a few paces from the Concours display, however we are limited for space in the premium parking area and suggest that you register your interest with Anne Wright at Club HQ as soon as possible.

Ticket prices per vehicle, regardless of occupants:

Advance purchase £30
On the day £40
Concours entry £25

MPD
Quote 0 0
tony-hall-40
So if you enter your car for concours...it is £25.00 only?
Ooooppps...I did it again....
Quote 0 0
Russell
ha ha i see where Tony is coming from, that cant be right can it Mark or everyone would just enter concours in advance, get good parking and save £5
i would just abandon mine in amongst the clean ones and lock it
that would pay for my bacon rolls.

might need some sort of explanation there although nice if we are doing something for the concours chaps

PS
not this year as i will be parked in a nice long row of gleaming Vanquishs in the display
24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case, coincidence ? i think not.
Quote 0 0
MPD
Just acting on comments made of this forum, see post of 13th March pasted below.
tony-hall-40 wrote:

Well how about not penalising the entrants....they are after all the reason for the event...so why not  charge them £20.00 to enter...and the rest pay £30per car...this would also attract more entrants to the event and ....without the day losing  revenue....after all the entrants do the work to keep their cars clean and up to concours standard at some cost I have no doubt to themselves , for the enjoyment of others....
Quote 0 0
Downr
i like it
Quote 0 0
Russell
oh right we get why and great news for all those that work hard on their cars, or pay for that.
i just dont follow the Maths but up to you
Quote 0 0
DB PHiL
Do we have to enter the Half Marathon thats staged there on the same day?  banana!
Quote 0 0
tony-hall-40
Mark Donoghue wrote:

Just acting on comments made of this forum, see post of 13th March pasted below.

Good sense has prevailed....nice one Mr D.....
Quote 0 0
Rich5ltr
DB PHiL wrote:

Do we have to enter the Half Marathon thats staged there on the same day? banana!

So its going the way of Bernie's F1. Park your car, polish it, lock it, run a half marathon, spin round three times, unlock the car, chat to the judges and collect a trophy from Countess Downe

... spraying Taittinger as appropriate
Still burning hydrocarbons just for fun! 

Quote 0 0
MPD
tony-hall-40 wrote:

Good sense has prevailed....nice one Mr D.....

A compliment from tony-hall-40???  My life is complete!
Quote 0 0
tony-hall-40
Let's not get carried away here.....
Quote 0 0
John Purser
DB PHiL wrote:

Do we have to enter the Half Marathon thats staged there on the same day?  banana!

No, but you can enter the hillclimb at nearby Prescott on the Saturday.
Quote 0 0
Russell
do you need a car for that
Quote 0 0
Wedgie
Russell wrote:

do you need a car for that

Well you could run up the hill going brum brum.
Roger I
Quote 0 0
Russell
i am up for anything but that sounds like a V6 to me
Quote 0 0
philmw
From the West Midlands.
Quote 0 0
Russell
i saw what you did just there
Quote 0 0