db7 boy
Following on from the highly successful Centenary Tour, as reported in this quarters AMQ and also in AM News, we are pleased to announce details of the next Tour we have carefully put together.
This one will be limited to just 30 cars and we have already got 17 members signed up for it who were on the last Tour so please let ,me know ASAP if you are interested in joining us.

A brief description of the 2014 Aston Martin Driver’s San Fermín Tour the total cost of which includes the return ferry between Portsmouth and Santander in Spain follows -
Tour runs from 4th to 15th July 2014.
On this 10 day - 9 night tour in Spain and France, the drive will be across the communities of Cantabria, La Rioja, Navarre, Aragón and the Basque Country, and some of the beautiful connecting roads between Spain and southern France.
The daily itineraries are designed to make the tour attractive from a landscape and cultural perspective, as well of course, gastronomically!
The tour route will show members a very large part of Spain and some of France and to minimise packing and unpacking it has been decided to stay in the hotel in La Rioja for three consecutive nights and two consecutive nights in Pamplona.
The first part of the trip will take us to La Rioja, where there are fantastic landscape to enjoy, but it will not neglect the reason that this area is so well known inside and outside of Spain. The wine cellars, vineyards and good wines of the region are internationally famous.
The second stage will take the tour to the Navarra Race circuit, for a track day, and then to Pamplona, the capital of Navarra, world famous for being the city that hosts “the Running of the Bulls”.
Classics on the Road has prepared a full day at the San Fermines, beginning with the running of the bulls. We have taken a private balcony from where we will be able to enjoy the spectacle without having to run anywhere!
On the third stage we will move further west into Aragón and then north into France, to discover some of the most beautiful mountain passes and gorges in the Pyrenees.
After a relaxing stop in San Sebastian, where a black tie gala dinner will take place, the tour will go back to Santander for boarding the ferry.

The Tour price includes meals and wines plus an assistance van to carry the luggage between Hotels. There are no huge daily mileages and with one 3 night stay and one 2 night stay along the way there will be plenty of time to relax and enjoy the Hotel facilities, local scenery, superb roads and of course Tapas and Wine.
If you want more information or wish to book please mail me directly at michael@imperial-motoryachts.com.
The DVD of the last Tour has been uploaded to Youtube in case you would like to see what we got up to last time round.
#
Full details in the pdf below and I am happy to send the brochure by post to anyone who wishes to see it in hard copy.
Quote 0 0
dwell
Can you indicate when the tour is planned to take place?
Many thanks, Dave.
Quote 0 0
db7 boy
Hi Dave,
That would have been useful would it not!
It will run from the 4th to 15th July.
Mike.
Quote 0 0
Mrp1961
Looks fantastic and very appealing.  Unfortunately for me it clashes with Classic Le Mans.  Shame.  Will look out for future events of a similar nature.
Quote 0 0
db7 boy
It is a shame it clashes with Classic Le Mans, I know a number of the members from the North are going to the CLM otherwise they would be joining us.
Maybe as the CLM ends on the 6th July we could have some members join us later in the Tour as it is a relatively short drive from Le Mans.
If enough people are interested we will look at a cost and see if what can be done..........stand back and await numbers?
Mike.
Quote 0 0
dwell
Mike,
Thank you very much for the reply - I purchased the Vantage in March of this year and took it on a wonderful European tour to Lake Como, not knowing of the centenary tour!  Enjoyed that so much I have already outlined a Spanish trip for next year very similar to that you have planned (an amazing coincidence!)
However I need to go in May, to tie in with a family event in France, and so cannot join your tour in July - fantastic as it sounds.
Thanks again,
Dave
Quote 0 0
db7 boy
Have a great tour yourself Dave, I hope it all goes well for you.
Mike.
Quote 0 0
db7 boy
Places are filling fast after the announcement in AM News so if you want more info or to join us please contact me ASAP as we are now well some 65% full.
We anticipate that we will be joined by at least 5 of our Swiss members as well, they were great fun on the Centenary Tour as you may have read in the last AMQ.
I have a pdf of the planned itinery which is available by email or download under the first posting on this thread.
Quote 0 0
db7 boy
Hello all, Time is now pressing for last minute registration for a place for this Tour.
Original deadlines have been extended because of the Christmas/New Year non appearance of AM News.
As you can imagine, the Hotels ate Pamplona are very busy at the time of year we are going - must be to do with the festival season! 
As a result the Hotel are asking us for final numbers so if you are thinking seriously about coming do please let me know and I will add you to the list as a definate maybe, this way I think we can still secure the room for you for a couple of weeks longer.
At the moment we are just over twenty strong so there is room for a few more. Members are coming from UK, France, Switzerland, Spain and even the frozen land of Scotland!
All sorts of cars as well so it should be a great event.
Mike.
Quote 0 0
db7 boy
update time.
2 fewer places left now - details of Tour in pdf under the first post in this thread.
Quote 0 0
db7 boy
ONLY FOUR PLACES LEFT  - book now if you want to come along!
Full details are at the bottom of the first post of the thread.
Quote 0 0
db7 boy
The above tour was fully subscribed but as of this morning, we have had 2 places become unexpectedly available again.
Please call or email me if you want to join us on what promises to be an amazing Tour with a track day experience as well as fantastic Hotels and great food.
Full details can be found at the start of this thread or I will send a brochure by email.
Quote 0 0
db7 boy
We have just got back from an amazing Tour. The food and visits were brilliant as was the Vino Tinto and large measures of Gin in a Gin and Tonic.
These are made with a spoonful of marmalade, 2 juniper berries and 2 cardamon seeds in the glass before putting in the Tanquery. I will try the same at home over the weekend but wonder if it will taste the same?

We drove some of the finest mountain roads I have ever been on and the Pyrenees scenery was breathtaking. Much of the driving was at very high altitudes and at some points was even in the clouds when we did the Tour de France mountains. The track day was a huge success as the Los Arcos track was very fast, many preferred it to the track session at Monza on last years Tour!
My wife Beryl managed 195kph on the straight and I got to 205 but I was in a new Vanquish so perhaps just had the edge on the DB9 a little bit.

The running of the Bulls was a great event. A true spectacle and televised daily on a special TV Channel. It was all over in about 2 minutes but the general excitement on the street and throughout the day was incredible. I doubt it would be possible to get 200,000 people all dressed in white T shirts, white trousers with red neck scarves anywhere in the UK, but in Spain, they simply get into the spirit and have a real festival. No bother or trouble anywhere just a whole load of people having a great day and enjoying all the entertainment that Pamplona puts on for the entire festival.

We have many photos and will post a link to a website once they are all uploaded and the Tour DVD is done in about 2 or 3 weeks time. In the meantime a taster of one of the roads is below....Yes, that is an Aston you can see.

Thank you to all who took part and made it such a great event, many new friendships were made and many old ones revived. We are already planning next years Tour and will announce details here very soon.
Quote 0 0
db7 boy
A number of photos have now been uploaded to a Flickr site so if anybody is interested please take a look here

https://www.flickr.com/photos/126212013@N04/

Many more to follow.
Quote 0 0