Rich5ltr
2015 Concours of Elegance 4-6 September at the Palace of Holyroodhouse in Edinburgh.

I thought I would start a thread for this event as I can't see one already here. http://concoursofelegance.co.uk/

Previous events at Windsor Castle and Hampton Court have been most enjoyable (I missed the St James's palace one) and have included a display of Astons. This year I see AMOC are again shown as going to be providing a display of cars. Can I ask if anyone, perhaps Mark D or the RO for Edinburgh, knows how to be a part of this as I would be interested in displaying my DB MkIII.

Hopefully see a few "Forumites" there in September.

Owners’ Clubs

Concours Saturday and Sunday

The event will showcase cars from the UK’s most prestigious Owners’ Clubs including:
Aston Martin Owners Club
Bentley Drivers Club
Ferrari Owners Club
Jaguar Drivers Club
Maserati Owners Club
Lamborghini Owners Club
Rolls-Royce Enthusiasts Club
Still burning hydrocarbons just for fun! 

Quote 0 0
Wedgie
Interesting Rich. Can I pass this on to Wedge owners?
Roger I
Quote 0 0
Rich5ltr
Of course, I was interested to know what the club are doing with respect to the event.

Quote 0 0
Wedgie
I've mailed MD.
Roger I
Quote 0 0
asington
I'm interested to know more about this event - my diary is free that weekend so a trip to one of my favourite cities would be a pleasure.
Quote 0 0
John Purser
Mark is on his hols.
Form a queue until he gets back and do remember, we have a bit of time - and Woburn to do beforehand and Alnwick at the other end of September.

There will be a presence as a guest group, similar format as other years.
Remember it is Holyrood, rather than the Castle which gets more publicity - they do the Tatoo from it.

Wedgie, I see no reason to say "no"
The more the merrier but it is the organiser's choice.

Also. post election we may need visas and carnets de passage  
Quote 0 0
MPD
Herewith details on this years Concours of Elegance:

The 2015 Concours of Elegance will be held, with the gracious permission of Her Majesty The Queen, at the Palace of Holyroodhouse in Edinburgh from the 4-6 September.

The 2015 Concours of Elegance will be the fourth occasion this prestigious award-winning event has been held at a Royal venue, with previous events taking place at Windsor Castle in 2012, St James’s Palace in 2013 and last year at Hampton Court Palace.

Set against the backdrop of Arthur’s Seat, the Palace of Holyroodhouse is a truly exceptional venue, standing at the end of Edinburgh’s world-famous Royal Mile, and being Her Majesty The Queen’s official residence in Scotland.

As with the previous Concours of Elegance events, 60 of the rarest cars from around the world – many of them never seen before in the UK – are set to grace the spectacular grounds.

The Aston Martin Owners Club have been invited to support the event and the following options are available:

Car Club Displays
The organisers would be delighted to invite the Aston Martin Owners Club and it’s members to display their cars at the Palace of Holyroodhouse on either Saturday 5th or Sunday 6th September. AMOC cars will be parked within the grounds of the Palace and will be expected to arrive before 9.30am and remain in place until 6.00pm. There will be a small cost per car (approx. £ and passengers/guests will be expected to purchase admission tickets. A discount will be offered to AMOC members. Numbers are strictly limited and we would ask the Club give an indication of numbers.
As with Hampton Court Palace the Club cars will be able to park within the gardens of the Palace itself and alongside the 60 Concours cars being brought from around the globe by the world’s top car collectors.

The Club Trophy
Once again, run in collaboration with the Royal Automobile Club, the Club Trophy will take place on Saturday 5th September and we would welcome 4 cars from the AMOC to take part in the competition. Each entrant should be a ‘concours’ winning car and best represent the Club and the marque.
Approx. 40 cars in all will take part in the Club Trophy including entrants from all the leading marques. Cars will be judged by a panel of experts Chaired by Ben Cussons of the Royal Automobile Club and including HRH Prince Michael of Kent.
Cars in the Club Trophy will be displayed within the gardens of the Palace and again be expected to arrive before 9.30am and depart at 6.00pm.
There is no cost for entrants who will each receive 2 admission tickets.

The Octane Tour
A Tour is being organised by Octane magazine on Sunday 6th September.
The Tour cars will be displayed in the gardens of the Palace.
Owners and their guests will enjoy full VIP hospitality including a champagne reception, 3 course lunch and afternoon tea. The cost of the Tour is £180 per person inc VAT.
The Tour will be announced in March (the May edition of Octane).

Hospitality
AMOC members will be offered a 25% discount on the price of the hospitality package available at the Concours. Details will be announced shortly.

The new website http://www.concoursofelegance will go live in the next few weeks.

Does that help?
Quote 0 0
Wedgie
Thank you Mark. Bit too flash for my old banger. 
Roger I
Quote 0 0
Rich5ltr
Thanks Mark, next I need to investigate getting to Scotland. Bit too far to drive, I wonder if MotorRail still exists?  ;D

Quote 0 0
John Purser
Only on mainland Europe.
Quote 0 0
tim_c
Will Wee Jimmy Krankie be putting in an appearance?
Registrar of Cars, AMHT
Quote 0 0
Wedgie
tim_c wrote:

Will Wee Jimmy Krankie be putting in an appearance?

No, but Nicola Sturgeon might.
Roger I
Quote 0 0
asington
In that case I'm not coming!
Quote 0 0
geewizzpip
If any of us go to Scotland I'm sure they will tax us, speed camera us, think we are Non Doms and accuse us of all sorts of crimes against the working classes.  Lucky it's in Edinburgh, the one area that unreconstructed communist Sturgeon doesn't control because they have intelligence.
Quote 0 0
Rich5ltr
Ah but it's a question of how to get to Edinburgh while passing through the least hostile lands en route.

Quote 0 0
asington
I wonder what currency will be required? And of course we should be careful at the border as we may have to drive on the right in Scotland after the Election! With regard to car-trains - regrettably there isn't one any more between England and Scotland or between Holland/France and Italy. Obviously none of the routes were profitable enough to justify. There are also some discussions to reduce the price of whisky to be less than petrol thus increasing the sales and reducing the need for petrol! So take instructions on how to re-set your ECU's/ carbs!! If you anticipate any other changes - please advise.
Quote 0 0