Wedgie
Is this definitely 28/29 September. (I had it down previously as 21/22, not sure why)
Roger I
Quote 0 0
GaryU_2
Definitely 28/29th September.
Just been helping Christine with the booking setup, you can register for the concours here.
https://www.amoc.org.uk/event-3469087
Formerly known as Forum Manager.
Quote 0 0
John Purser
Area 14  is arranging a drive around on the Saturday.
We're mobilising every combine harvester for you to get the authentic Norfolk experience😁.
Quote 0 0
GaryU_2
John Purser wrote:
We're mobilising every combine harvester for you to get the authentic Norfolk experience😁.

There can't be any combine harvesters left in Norfolk, they are all driving on the A142 near my house....
Formerly known as Forum Manager.
Quote 0 0
Wedgie
Thank you Gary.
Roger I
Quote 0 0
Doctor Houx
John Purser wrote:

Plus tractors, numpties on bikes, and the last remnants of the holiday grockles heading back home to Islington and Notting Hill from Burnham Market in their SUV's with their kids called Hugo, Polo and Chino 😂.  All along the A149 from Holkham to the A10 & A47 at Kings Lynn its narrow single lane, so add into the mix a few caravan's for good measure and you have traffic chaos on the coast road at weekends from Easter to the end of the school summer hols.   

"Norfolk Miles" take twice as long as normal miles due to all this, so be prepared!  We've also got a special timewarp device installed, so as soon as you pass Sandringham, you are transported back to the 1950's complete with zero mobile phone signal from Hunstanton to Cromer.  I've been up here 6 years now and am definitely a total convert to this very distinctive part of the UK, and fully certified by my GP as "Normal for Norfolk" 😜. "That be right Boy!"  ðŸ‘
"Racing is life; everything that happens before or after is just waiting."
Steve McQueen
Quote 1 0
John Purser

We've also got a special timewarp device installed,

That's a calendar instead of a clock, right ?!
In fact, it's not SO bad - and the local team is well up to finding non-main road routes for Members' pleasure.
We bypassed the A149 last weekend to get to Sandringham from KingsLynn, hardly saw a car.

kids called Hugo, Polo and Chino
and the one covered in chocolate called Rolo ?

Quote 0 0
Doctor Houx
Was having Lunch at "Rocky Bottoms" yesterday (a crab and lobster place twixt Holkham and Cromer) when I spotted the advance guard for the Concours had arrived.

The ideal David Brown product for the narrow roads and rural environment. You can look forward to being stuck behind lots of similar vehicles in September 😉 IMG_0874.jpg 
Steve McQueen
Quote 0 0
alanmedland
Hi,
I am planning to attend the Autumn Concours in Holkham Hall...are there any preferential hotels that are recommended for those attending, who are planning to stay overnight near the venue?

Thank you,
Alan
Quote 0 0
Ockyclarke
I've booked a small B&B in Barney about twenty minutes away.
Paul
Quote 0 0
John Purser
alanmedland wrote:
Hi,
I am planning to attend the Autumn Concours in Holkham Hall...are there any preferential hotels that are recommended for those attending, who are planning to stay overnight near the venue?

Thank you,
Alan

ask christine.events@amoc.org - she'll have list.
Quote 0 0
Doctor Houx
I live here and the North Norfolk coast is known as "Islington on Sea" with a huge number and range of places to stay. Everything from TV Chef Galton B's very swanky Michelin starred place to simple B&B's. Personal favourites are either the White Horse in Brancaster or the Crown in East Rudham. Both are superb gastropubs with a few rooms and a few miles along the coast from Holkham. Be quick as they are very popular! 
Steve McQueen
Quote 0 0