Wedgie Show full post »
Thibaut
So any pictures of the first day of events ? I hope the drive around the area was nice and also the concours participants can get a break in the weather
Quote 0 0
philmw
I woke at 4:00 am to localised flooding and a yellow weather warning. Just seen some photos and it’s now clear blue skies. 
Quote 0 0
Ockyclarke
v.jpg  db.jpg  thumbnail.jpg 
 A few taken with my phone
Paul
Quote 1 0
geewizzpip
Sorry, weather put me off.  Pissing down when I awoke at 6am, still pissing down at 10am.
Quote 0 0
John Purser
I heard many compliments about the Saturday drive - thanks to Hugh Williams who put it together and 'hosted' it at the stops en route.

Weather was its fickle best. 85% chance of rain in every hour of the day forecast.
Drove 80 miles from the south in mainly rain this morning.

Got to Holkham (impeccable layout/stewarding.)
Out of car, into drizzle.
Went to Judges meeting, we came out at 10.00 and the sun stayed with us to about 12.30 as judging finished & lunch served.
Prize giving inside.
Still OK  as we gradually dispersed.
We went to see the sea on the way home, started chucking it, down continuing, most of the way home. Roads awash.

It was, despite slightly lower entries a really good event - superb setting and very helpful estate staff.
PS A great line up by the Daimler and Lanchester Club - cars from the 'brass' era (one of which had driver 100+ miles to be there that morning) to the XJ 6 versions.
Quote 1 0
MPD
Here are the results of the 2019 Autumn Concours.
Quote 0 0
MPD
fullsizeoutput_14e5e.jpeg 
Quote 3 0
Richard-X2
For my first concours and I managed to take a wrong turn down a very narrow lane flanked by grazing pigs in very muddy fields, had to laugh. Fortunately heavy rain helped washing and conveniently stopped bang on 10am. Pleased to finish 3rd [ok, out of .........3] delighted with 88 points. Everyone was very helpful and I learned a great deal, biggest lessons...... get up earlier, check the route, get a waterproof boiler suit 😱.
 Holkham is a beautiful house in stunning parkland, it was a very enjoyable day. Looking forward to Spring.
Quote 1 0
Wedgie
Anyone else having trouble opening Mark's results page? Is it normal PDF?
Roger I
Quote 0 0
philmw
Opens fine for me. 

EDIT:  Just noticed it's an Apple Numbers file, not PDF.  Have let Mark know and here is a PDF:
Quote 0 0
Wedgie
Thanks Phil.
Roger I
Quote 0 0