geewizzpip
I've resurrected this as apart from one piece of helpful info, but now contradicted by rumours that the club doesn't now have a venue, what is going on?
Quote 0 0
geewizzpip
104 looks but no comments?
Quote 0 0
MPD
Hello Keith

Although I'm no longer on the Concours Committee, nor involved with the organisation of Concours, I can advise that there have been some issues firming up final arrangements for the venue. 

I am sure Martin Coleman and his team will advise us in due course, but in the meantime, I wouldn't make any hotel reservations just yet if I were you.

Hope that helps.

Mark

Quote 0 0
tony-hall-40
Gets better doesn’t it.....piss up in brewery comes to mind...
Ooooppps...I did it again....
Quote 0 0
philmw
Not true. If looking to organise a piss-up then a brewery sounds like it would be the last location on their list.
Quote 0 0
geewizzpip
Thanks for the partial update and communication MPD.  At least someone seems to know what's not going on.

Waiting with baited breath for the official word. Only 7 months to go......

PS.  I've booked hotels at seven possible locations and booking.com think I'm running a brothel.
Quote 0 0
Anne
Martin brought back to the CoM, on Thursday, Members views about not having the Concours on the Saturday.  We have agreed to return it to the Sunday, with Bonhams having the auction alongside us.  This enables Saturday for viewing and the dinner to go ahead as usual.

Martin updated Bonhams on Friday. Give them a bit of time to discussed the revised costs, as a result.

Anne
Quote 0 0
geewizzpip
Thanks Anne.

Is it still at Wormsley? On the original date?
Quote 0 0
Anne
geewizzpip wrote:
Thanks Anne.

Is it still at Wormsley? On the original date?

As ever it all depends on negotiating the price.  We will confirm as soon as we can.

Anne
Quote 0 0
Rich5ltr
Can I ask if my son, who is not yet an member owns a V8 Vantage, can attend? I know that usually members of the public have entry to our concours events because of the locations however I wondered if our use of Wormsley for this event is exclusive? I guess I could buy his ticket and who knows, it may encourage him to join the club.
Still burning hydrocarbons just for fun! 

Quote 0 0
BobC
Rich, the burning question is,,, why isn't he a member?
Quote 0 0
John Purser
Rich5ltr wrote:
Can I ask if my son, who is not yet an member owns a V8 Vantage, can attend? I know that usually members of the public have entry to our concours events because of the locations however I wondered if our use of Wormsley for this event is exclusive? I guess I could buy his ticket and who knows, it may encourage him to join the club.

Please don't take this as 'official advice' - I'm not 'official'.......
If your son wanted to attend the Bonhams Aston Martin sale, it's taking place at Wormsley that day. The alternative entertainment is alongside. I'd imagine both are available to anyone who wants to look in. To bid, he must buy a catalogue and I am sure you'll get him one to encourage him to get you a little something for your kindness.
Why not a member, indeed ? You could be family members. He could be 'Rich 2', but if running an Aston, not for all that long......[wink]
Quote 2 0
mjc23
Rich,

Your son would be most welcome not only at Wormsley but at all AMOC Concour events,
I believe it is most important that we encourage the younger generation, I started with my daughter Laura as a student member, now she is a family member with her new husband Joe, they have a DB9.

The admission  cost into Wormsley for Members and non members is £30 per car or pedestrian.

Admission into the Bonham's Auction is by purchasing an Auction programme from Bonham's
either at the Bonham's Marque on the day or by previously contacting Bonham's, to gain admission to the Auction every AMOC member or non member must pay the admission cost of £30 to the AMOC, this arrangement has been mutually agreed by both the AMOC and Bonham's Ltd and is the standard arrangement as used at Goodwood, NEC ect.

I apologise for my absence from the Forum recently , I have been busy with Wormsley, Holkham. Blenheim, Harewood, my daughters wedding, AMOC Social Events, CoM business, SoCoM business ect.

I do hope this answers your queries , if you require any further information please do not hesitate to contact me.

I look forward to meeting your son hopefully at Wormsley and having a look at his Vantage V8, will we have the pleasure of the presence of your MkIII ?

Kind regards,

Martin

Martin Coleman
Concours and Social Chairman

e mail;       social@amoc.org

Mobile;       07888993873

Martin Coleman
Quote 0 0
Rich5ltr
Hi Martin, thanks for your comprehensive reply, everything I need to know.
Charlie keeps his V8V immaculate and sounds like I had better get polishing! See you there.
Regards
Rich...  

Quote 0 0
philmw
Martin,

Sorry for being dumb, but are you saying that anyone who wants to go to the auction but not attend the Concours also has to pay the AMOC £30.  Nice for the Club if so, but surprised.

Phil

Quote 0 0
mjc23
Hi Phil,

This is normal, standard practice , if you wish to attend a car auction at most, if not every event, Goodwood , Excel, NEC ect you would have to pay admission, also it would be impossible to police and with the rising costs of venue hire we need to generate income.

Thank you

Martín
Martin Coleman
Quote 0 0
philmw
You don't need a Goodwood ticket to attend the Bonhams auction at Goodwood as this is held over the road before the entrance, not that many people would go to Goodwood for the auction alone.

Quote 1 0
Purest Green
You do at Festival of Speed.
Jamie A.
Member of AMOC Social and Concours Sub-Committees
Principal Judge, Concours, NP 12 Cylinder
AMOC Area 00
Quote 0 0
philmw
True (I had the Revival in mind when posting), but as said very few people (none) would go to Goodwood for the auction alone.
Quote 0 0
mjc23

When we spoke with Tim at Bonham's he said to me that this was the normal procedure ,as
we do at Goodwood.

Thank you,

Martin C
Martin Coleman
Quote 0 0
geewizzpip
So do AMOC members, or indeed casual visitors to the concours, have to pay £30 to visit the concours AND £30 to go to the auction?  Or is it one combined fee?  And if combined do you get a catalogue?

From reading the answer Martin one could get the impression it would cost £60?

Quote 0 0
Purest Green
As Martin said above:

The admission cost for Wormsley for Members and non-members is £30 per car or pedestrian.

Admission into the Bonham's Auction is by purchasing an auction programme from Bonham's
either at the Bonham's marquee on the day or by previously contacting Bonham's.

Therefore, if Bonham's is charging £30 for a catalogue, yes, you would pay £60 in total for admission to the Concours and the Bonham's auction.
Jamie A.
AMOC Area 00
Quote 0 0
geewizzpip
Jesus, you're having a laugh.  That's ridiculous.  Who on Earth negotiated that 'deal', Theresa May?

And £30 for the public to visit the concours?  Well that will keep out the prol then! 

What happened to the days when a concours was accessible to the public?

Quote 0 0
Rich5ltr
Purest Green wrote:
As Martin said above:

The admission cost for Wormsley for Members and non-members is £30 per car or pedestrian.
Hang on... so no discount for AMOC members? So, if my son and I come in our Astons with our partners and we decide to browse the auction that's £150?  i.e. 2 x £60 plus a £30 Bonhams Catalogue... Or do Bonhams insist on one catalogue per person, in which case it will be a £180 day out! [confused]

Quote 0 0
Purest Green
No - 2 x £30 for the 2 cars (irrespective of number of occupants) + (I am guessing) £30 for one catalogue.

At Festival of Speed, Bonham's charge £50 per catalogue to browse their auction.

I have never associated anything "Aston Martin" with a cheap day out!
Jamie A.
AMOC Area 00
Quote 0 0