geewizzpip Show full post »
Ian Postles
What a great weekend. Just back in Devon after enjoying the Drive Out on Saturday (thanks to Jeff and Jo for their hard work), enjoying the International Dinner and then the Concours today. I can only echo Kevin’s such appropriate words and thank all at the Club for their hard work.

Great catching up with you and Suzanne again Kevin.
Quote 0 0
ChrisFe
Echo all of the above. Well done to all on making it such a tremendous occasion.
I had occasion to speak to the head groundskeeper at the end of the event, he would love us to return one day.
How about next year?
BTW I practiced my Aussie on Peter S and he understood every word.
Kindest regards.

Chris F
1 Area AMOC Asst Rep
Quote 0 0
Vanquish Rider
Anne and the Team,

Jeff and the local team,

Thank you, we were made to feel very welcome and had a great weekend all round. Had to rush off just before 1 though as we had to collect the hooligans before 4 PM. 

The location was splendid. My wife so wanted to visit the house and gardens but we did nit get chance as we had to leave early. But we so enjoyed the couple of hours we had and managed to meet more Vanquish owners. Always a great recipe. 
SteveE

Life Begins Outside Your Comfort Zone
Quote 0 0
Charley Farley
Dr Houx

So come on and tell us about how you got on at your first concours event, your car looked lovely in the photos

Quote 0 0
Doctor Houx
Good and bad news. Bad news is that I was 5th out of 6. Good news was that I scored 85. That would have earned me 2nd last spring and a win last autumn.

The class was very tough with 2 ex elite class winners re entering the Vanquish class after the mandated years of absence. David Barr's S was first and Jamie Adams (normally chief judge for this class a close 2nd - both over 90 points.

3rd on 88.5 was ex class winner Steve Gooding then a new owner with a 53 reg model on 85.5 just pipping my 85. David with his modded car was 6th.

I made some silly mistakes like leaving my locking wheel nuts on and the bolt for these in the boot so that cost me points. There were a couple of careless cleaning errors too, so assuming I sort these for the autumn, I should do better. The 85 points seemed decent for a 1st attempt to me, so I'm motivated to keep trying! 😓 The cleaning both on the day and weeks leading up to it were hard work but the efforts by my fellow competitors were there for all to see and the 2 ex Elite winners were something to behold!
"Racing is life; everything that happens before or after is just waiting."
Steve McQueen.

Frank H. Area 14 (Norfolk) and Le Mans, France.
Quote 0 0
M500 TOO
Well as you say hard when you have seasoned veterans but a very respectable result
I wish I had the discipline to clean her once a month let alone daily for a few weeks to get up to these standards
Quote 0 0
ChrisDodd
Are locking wheel nuts plus the necessary tool in the boot not original items?
Quote 0 0
philmw
No (unless you can show evidence that they were supplied on the car at the time it was first registered for use on the road).

Quote 0 0
Charley Farley
Dr Houx

I was lucky enough to see David's immaculate car last year so I know what you  were up against and I think your score was a brilliant achievement for a first go. I love cleaning my car but I don't think I have the patience or time to get it anywhere near ready for a concours competition.

Looking forward to seeing your car in the flesh in September

Quote 0 0
atomic
where are the results of the last Amoc concours posted please?
Quote 0 0
DB PHiL

Results
Quote 0 0
atomic
thanks  Tom
Quote 0 0