LesF Show full post »
GillianF
A loo with a view!  Love it thanks Dave
Quote 0 0
Vanquish Rider
LesF wrote:
Welcome, Lloyd and Raechel.  I'll add you to the list.
1. Vanquish Rider 
2. GavinC
3. BrianC
4. Pdbollinger
5. SilverspeedDB9
6. Steviebee155
7. IanPostles
8. Astonatic
9. Kevinhawney
10. MarkE
11. GarethT
12. LesF
13. M500TOO
14. Sebastian Tombs
15. NigelD
16. LloydP

Does anyone have any hotel suggestions for Andermatt to Como?

Les, The Radison is good, But expensive at around £200 a night. The Chedi is the best but super silly money at £600 a night. 

https://www.ticati.com/hotel/radisson-blu-hotel-reussen-andermatt-556877/
SteveE

Life Begins Outside Your Comfort Zone
Quote 0 0
dwell
GillianF wrote:
A loo with a view!  Love it thanks Dave
no better way to start a days touring!! 😊
Quote 1 0
GarethT
(I may be a little anal here) but Is it possible to have a daily schedule, then we can all book the various suggested hotels, without having to double check if we are staying one night or two nights somewhere or if it gets amended and we miss a post..... and then is it possible to make it a sticky somewhere so we don't scroll and pick up the wrong information ... 😎
Area 16 - Sussex
Quote 0 0
dwell
LesF wrote:

I've had the following back from the Belvedere on Lake Como.       https://www.belvederebellagio.com/en

I think if everyone is happy with his hotel, then we should go ahead and book the rooms.

17700318.jpg 

Our best rate and type of rooms available for the nights of 5th and 6th September 2020 are:

4 Villa Argegno  

Double Standard rooms, Street Side of the Villa, 15-20 square meters.

Rate: € 140,00 per room per night - Total per stay: € 280,00 per room

2 Villa Family room, Argegno  view (street side)

The Family rooms (32 square meters), composed of a bathroom and two connecting bedrooms, the first one with kingsize bed and the second one with twin beds, Street Side of the Villa. 

Rate: € 245,00 per room per night - Total per stay: € 490,00 per room

4 Villa Lake double room, “your lake window”

Double Basic rooms,  with wide windows on the lake Side of the Villa, Size: about 15 square meters with Small bathroom.

Rate: € 172,50 per room per night - Total per stay: € 345,00 per room

4 Romantic Lake double room, “the spirit of Como lake”

Comfortable Romantic double room, on the lake side, Size about 20-25 squares meters, shower and bidet  in the bathroom

Rate: € 217,50 per room per night - Total per stay: € 435,00 per room

1 Lucia double room, “all the Manzoni’ romance”

Double Room Deluxe Lucia, features a balcony overlooking the Como lake and Pre Alps mountains. This room of about 20-25 squares meters with minibar, and an extra-large shower and Bidet  in the bathroom.

Rate: € 265,00 per room per night - Total per stay: € 560,00 per room

1 Concordia double room, “your living room on the lake”

Double room Deluxe Concordia, located in the liberty style Villa, features a 25 square meters terrace and private solarium overlooking the Como lake and Pre Alps mountains. This room of about 20-25 squares meters, are equipped with a minibar, a hydromassage bath on the terrace (open in Summer Season), shower and bidet in the bathroom.

Rate: € 310,00 per room per night - Total per stay: € 620,00 per room

1 Darsena double room, “the soul of the lake”

Double room Deluxe Darsena, located in dépendance of the Villa, features a private terrace and an access to the boat deck, and a wonderful view on Como lake and Prealpi mountains. This room of about 30 squares meters, is equipped with minibar, shower and bidet  in the bathroom.

Rate: € 265,00 per room per night - Total per stay: € 560,00 per room

1 Junior Suite Belvedere

The Junior Suite Belvedere, located in dépendance of the Villa, features a private terrace and solarium of 55 square meters, and an amazing view on Como lake and Prealpi mountains. This room of about 34 squares meters, composed of a large bedroom and a lounge with a comfortable sofa and minibar, shower and bidet  in the bathroom.

Rate: € 310,00 per room per night - Total per stay: € 620,00 per room

2 Single rooms with lake view with 2 separate beds

Rate: € 140,00 per room per night - Total per stay: € 280,00 per room

I'm still waiting to hear back from the Hotel Henry.  

Les - some confusion, the hotel on Gillian's website and the one I've stayed at is the Belvedere at Argegno (they seem to have provided the prices you've posted here.) However, the link you've attached to this post is to the Belvedere in Bellagio - a different place, although still on Lake Como!!
Wouldn't want you to end up with half your friends in a different place..... Regards, Dave
Quote 0 0
M500 TOO
Les can you confirm please

many thx MarkT
Quote 0 0
LesF

The correct link is http://www.villabelvedererelais.it/en/

I’ve booked into the Belvedere, and they have put aside 17 rooms for us.
when you book your room quote “Grand Prix 2020”. You can contact them via email:   info@villabelvedererelais.it

Thursday 3rd - 6 Hours: All meet up at the Euro tunnel then travel to Beaune and possibly stay at the Henry II (secure parking and good value at £125 - TBC)

Friday 4th - 6 Hours: Beaune-Andermatt. Over and around the alps taking in part of the famous James Bond circuit. Hotel TBC

Saturday 5th  5/6 Hours:  Andermatt to Como.  Cover the other 3 legs off the JB circuit,  Lunch at Gottardo and double back down the oldest road in the alps The Tremolo,  head to Monza to visit the Redbull garage in the evening with a group meal in Milan. Hotel=Belvedere

Sunday 6th - Race day and final night together in Como at the Belvedere.

Im working on the other hotels. 

Strange how “The prettiest car of all time”  rhymes with “DB9”

Quote 1 0
LesF
BTW,
I’ve been approached by the chaps who organise a charity version of the north coast 500 as they are organising a similar trip to Monza at the same time and have asked if they could tag along or meet up and travel with others after the race. 

Their website is  http://gfizz.co.uk

I’m happy to go along with whatever you chaps want to do, but with 17 of us already I think this is best suited for members who want to continue in a group after the race.

Quote 0 0
M500 TOO
Les 

my better half has suggested we set up
a WhatsApp group so
information can flow easier and we can all introduce ourselves 

just an idea 
Quote 0 0
LesF
M500 TOO wrote:
Les 

my better half has suggested we set up
a WhatsApp group so
information can flow easier and we can all introduce ourselves 

just an idea 

Good idea.  
I'm a bit rusty on Whatsapp, but I've created a group, so if you send me a message I'll add you. - at least that's how I think it works lol. 
Les Field: 07730 926719

Quote 0 0
M500 TOO
Excellent will set something up tonight and get back to you 

MarkT and SJ 
Quote 1 0
LesF
If we get to Beaune early enough, there's an interesting Aircraft/Car/bike museum at the nearby Chateau Savigny.

https://www.chateau-savigny.com

Screenshot 2019-07-25 at 14.14.09.png 
Screenshot 2019-07-25 at 14.11.23.png  Screenshot 2019-07-25 at 14.12.32.png  Screenshot 2019-07-25 at 14.12.55.png 

Quote 1 0
LesF
Mark T has suggested Le Cep for our stay in Beaune.

http://www.hotel-cep-beaune.com/en/
Screenshot 2019-07-26 at 08.34.19.png 
Screenshot 2019-07-26 at 08.34.29.png 
Screenshot 2019-07-26 at 08.34.47.png 

I've contacted them and they have availability at the following rates:

Double room for single use(about 25m²)            276 €per room
Double /twin room(about 30m²)                          360 €per room
Suite Double/ Twin(about 45m²):                        494 €per room 

What does everyone think?

We now have a 'Monza 2020' group chat in Whatsapp send me a message and I'll add you.   Les Field: 07730 926719

Quote 0 0
LesF
Up to date roll call:

Name                                    Whatsapp

1. Vanquish Rider                  Yes
2. GavinC                              Yes
3. BrianC
4. Pdbollinger
5. SilverspeedDB9
6. Steviebee155
7. IanPostles                          Yes
8. Astonatic
9. Kevinhawney                     Yes
10. MarkE
11. GarethT                            Yes
12. LesF
13. Duncan_wd
14. M500TOO                         Yes + Sarah Jane
15. Sebastian Tombs
16. NigelD
17. LloydP                               Yes

For those who are not on the Whatsapp 'Monza 2020' group, download the app, create a free account then txt me your name and number and i'll add you. 
Les Field: 07730 926719

Quote 0 0
LesF
Hotel Henry II in Beaune has finally come back with the prices.

- single standard room: 99€ per person, per night, breakfast included
- double/twin standard room: 65€ per person, per night, breakfast included
- extra for a superior room: 25€ per night
- city tax: 2,50€ per person, per night
- secure and cover garage: 12€ per car, per night
- cancellation fee: D-45
- deposit: 30% at D-45, 50% at D-21, balance at the check out of the group, at the reception of the invoice

Its right in the town centre and 2min walk from La Ciboulette restaurant 3 min from Le Monge with is also good.

Quote 0 0
BrianC
duncan_wd wrote:
Like M500 I fancy travelling back through the Black Forest via Baden Baden followed by a day blasting through Germany and using the Vanquish as it should be (the French have really killed any fun on a long drive). As I'm from oooop North I'll get the overnight Ferry from Rotterdam to Hull on the way back and miss the tedious drive up from Dover. Probable work a way to visit some of the Museums Steve has mentioned in Germany.

I can thoroughly recommend this having done it a couple of times now in different cars  ðŸ‘
Brian - V8 BJC
Happiness is measured in smiles per mile 😁
Quote 0 0
BrianC
Wow, not been on here for a while and some have been busy getting this trip off the ground

I was hoping for my wife to join me on this one but that will not be possible as my daughter starts secondary school in the first week of Sep-2020 ðŸ™ 

There are two additional races foe next season which may require some schedule shuffling to fit them in. Does anyone have confirmation that the race will remain first weekend Sept?

Is the intention to be at Monza for qually or is the plan to arrive at the circuit later on the Sunday?

Sorry for all the questions
Brian
Brian - V8 BJC
Quote 0 0
kevinhawney
Le Cep in Beaune looks very impressive but a bit expensive, Henry2 would suit me. Have rung twice but no reply.
Quote 0 0
BrianC
Anyone else planning to ride solo on this trip?
Brian - V8 BJC
Quote 0 0
kevinhawney
Yes, I am.
Quote 0 0
SilverspeedDb9
Hi Les - I’ve sent you my contact number to add us to the WhatsApp Group . 

Thanks for putting this this together sounds like it will be a great trip . 
Quote 0 0
LesF
BrianC wrote:

Is the intention to be at Monza for qually or is the plan to arrive at the circuit later on the Sunday?
Brian

im hoping to go to the track on Saturday afternoon\evening to meet Redbull then go to the Race on Sunday.

Quote 0 0
Vanquish Rider
I’m for Henry II. Trying to keep costs down a bit so I can extend the trip to include the Stelvio and onto Eagles Nest. 
SteveE

Life Begins Outside Your Comfort Zone
Quote 0 0
GarethT
BrianC wrote:
Anyone else planning to ride solo on this trip?

I think my wife will fly to Milan and stay with us for Sat & Sun (5&6th Sept), and then drive back with me.
Area 16 - Sussex
Quote 0 0
BrianC
LesF wrote:

im hoping to go to the track on Saturday afternoon\evening to meet Redbull then go to the Race on Sunday.

Super, thanks for this Les, and all the organising that you have put into this trip. 
Brian - V8 BJC
Quote 0 0