LesF Show full post »
LesF

Heres the update for those not on the WhatsApp group.

Thursday 3rd  September
Eurotunnel can only be booked max 9 months in advance.

Hotel:   Henry II in  Beaune 
Quote “Aston Martin Club” 
Mobile : +33 (0)6 07 62 73 35
@ : reservation@henry2.fr

Friday 4th September
Hotel:   Radisson Blu Hotel Reussen, Andermatt 
Quote “Aston Martin” 
Sonja Bissig - Event Manager
T: +41 79 895 51 66, D: +41 41 888 11 95
sonja.bissig@radissonblu.com

Saturday 5th & 6th.
Hotel: - Villa Belvedere Como lake Relais
Quote “Grand Prix 2020”
info@villabelvedererelais.it
0039 031 821116

I will give the info on F1 tickets etc once they are available.

For those who are not on the Whatsapp 'Monza 2020' group, download the app, create a free account then txt me your name and number and i'll add you. 
Les Field: 07730 926719


Strange how “The prettiest car of all time”  rhymes with “DB9”

Quote 2 0
duncan_wd
Hi Les, please keep putting the vital information on the forum. I woke up to 90 WA messages from the team this morning, I'll never have time to get through that number, Maybe things will calm down when the excitement does Lol ÃƒÂ°Ã…¸â€˜Â
Lifes not a trial run. Do it don't wish it!

Area 9 North West England
Quote 0 0
Vanquish Rider
Neil, quite a few of us have now booked the 3 hotels. 
SteveE

Life Begins Outside Your Comfort Zone
Quote 1 0
LesF
I think we are all getting excited. Looks like it’s going to be a brilliant trip. 


Strange how “The prettiest car of all time”  rhymes with “DB9”

Quote 0 0
duncan_wd
I've got 17 days in California (in a Mustang) to get through first.
Anyone going to Beaulieu this weekend. It would be nice to say hello face to face before I spend days looking
up their exhaust pipes.
Lifes not a trial run. Do it don't wish it!

Area 9 North West England
Quote 0 0
GarethT
I will be there on Sat, and looking at the list, Gavin Connor ?  Can’t match the other names.
Area 16 - Sussex
Quote 0 0
duncan_wd
I look forward to meeting you Gareth, at least you'll know what I look like. Hopefully I'll still be smiling!
Lifes not a trial run. Do it don't wish it!

Area 9 North West England
Quote 0 0
BrianC
Hi All

Just getting my plans sorted out for this trip.  Current thinking is to do the Thursday and Friday drives with the group to Beane and Andermatt and then head on down to Monza early Saturday morning in time to watch qualifying before meeting up again with the group later for the Red Bull garage tour. Planning on using same hotels as the group Thursday through Sunday.  Still need to plan route back but will probably take in Route Napoleon.

My wife can't come along now and I have asked a mate with a TVR if he wants to join the fun - hope that's OK, still British!    


Is the plan on Friday to drive Susten, Grimsel and Furka passes.  I have done these a few times now but always a pleasure ðŸ˜ƒ

For the group plan on Saturday it mentions "cover the other 3 legs off the JB circuit" can you give more details of this as I may choose to do this rather than qually at the circuit. 

Sadly work calls and we will be heading back towards Calais on Monday morning. What are others planning for the route back? 

Its going to be a long wait to next September, this is going to be a cracking road trip!

Brian
 
Brian - V8 BJC
Happiness is measured in smiles per mile 😁
Quote 0 0
GavinC
GarethT wrote:
I will be there on Sat, and looking at the list, Gavin Connor ?  Can’t match the other names.


Hi Gareth, I'm only there on Sunday. Shame, as it would be good to put a face to a name.
Quote 0 0
Vanquish Rider
I’m away for a couple of weeks on Saturday but will start to do some serious work on the route guide in the near future. Lots of time to plan the details yet.
SteveE

Life Begins Outside Your Comfort Zone
Quote 0 0
LesF
Thanks Steve.


Strange how “The prettiest car of all time”  rhymes with “DB9”

Quote 0 0
BrianC
I’m away for a couple of weeks on Saturday but will start to do some serious work on the route guide in the near future. Lots of time to plan the details yet.


Cheers Steve,  I have emailed the route and info pack I prepared for the trip I organised this year. May be useful as covers the Susten, Grimsel, Furka, Gottardo region. 

Happy to help with planning. 

Brian

Brian - V8 BJC
Happiness is measured in smiles per mile 😁
Quote 2 0
Vanquish Rider
A fish for Brian
SteveE

Life Begins Outside Your Comfort Zone
Quote 0 0
jonby
Very excited to be joining you all ! All three hotels now confirmed

I'll most likely stay where I normally do at Elvey farm the night before we travel as I'm coming  down from Manchester - it's 20 minutes from the eurotunnel, very comfortable and off the beaten track so whilst it's outdoor parking, it's very safe and away from prying eyes.  
Quote 0 0
LesF
jonby wrote:
Very excited to be joining you all ! All three hotels now confirmed

I'll most likely stay where I normally do at Elvey farm the night before we travel as I'm coming  down from Manchester - it's 20 minutes from the eurotunnel, very comfortable and off the beaten track so whilst it's outdoor parking, it's very safe and away from prying eyes.  


Brilliant.
Can you please join the Whatsapp 'Monza 2020' group.
To do this, first download the app, create a free account then txt me your name and number and i'll add you. 

Les Field: 07730 926719


Strange how “The prettiest car of all time”  rhymes with “DB9”

Quote 0 0
jonby
LesF wrote:


Brilliant.
Can you please join the Whatsapp 'Monza 2020' group.
To do this, first download the app, create a free account then txt me your name and number and i'll add you. 

Les Field: 07730 926719


I think graham's updated you in whats app that I've been on there a few days now - sorry for any confusion - I'm Jon K there ! 
Quote 0 0
LesF
I think we are all on the Whatsapp group now.  

It's going to be some site when 20 Astons turn up at the Eurotunnel.
Shares in petrol stations along our route have already gone up by 15%


Strange how “The prettiest car of all time”  rhymes with “DB9”

Quote 0 0
BrianC
Now I just need to decide whether or not to decat my car before we go 🤔
Brian - V8 BJC
Happiness is measured in smiles per mile 😁
Quote 0 0
Ian Postles
BrianC wrote:
Now I just need to decide whether or not to decat my car before we go 🤔


you don’t need to ask the question because you know the answer already 🤣😂🤣
Quote 1 0
BrianC
Ian Postles wrote:


you don’t need to ask the question because you know the answer already 🤣😂🤣


i am currently pretending that there is more than one outcome🤣. My car is an early 4.7 so need 200 cell cats rather than the much cheaper empty decat pipes fro later cars. 
Brian - V8 BJC
Happiness is measured in smiles per mile 😁
Quote 0 0
duncan_wd
The Swiss don't like noisy cars you know.
Lifes not a trial run. Do it don't wish it!

Area 9 North West England
Quote 0 0
Ian Postles
BrianC wrote:


i am currently pretending that there is more than one outcome🤣. My car is an early 4.7 so need 200 cell cats rather than the much cheaper empty decat pipes fro later cars. 


🤔 not wishing to complicate matters but I thought that your solution was only needed on the 4.3 because the 4.7 has primary and secondary cats you could replace the secondary with OEM (or other) straight through pipes and that will improve 😉 the sound (noise) of your car.  A couple of friends with 4.7’s have done this and one went further and had a Larini sports back box put on.  Both sounded great and avoided the additional costs.

Were early 4.7’s different?  I had one and remember that it was considerably quieter than the 4.3 it replaced.  I can remember being somewhat disappointed and that was the explanation given by the dealer.

Only trying to help you man maths, might be worth speaking to whoever looks after your car - if you haven’t already 😬
Quote 0 0
BrianC
Ian Postles wrote:


🤔 not wishing to complicate matters but I thought that your solution was only needed on the 4.3 because the 4.7 has primary and secondary cats you could replace the secondary with OEM (or other) straight through pipes and that will improve 😉 the sound (noise) of your car.  A couple of friends with 4.7’s have done this and one went further and had a Larini sports back box put on.  Both sounded great and avoided the additional costs.

Were early 4.7’s different?  I had one and remember that it was considerably quieter than the 4.3 it replaced.  I can remember being somewhat disappointed and that was the explanation given by the dealer.

Only trying to help you man maths, might be worth speaking to whoever looks after your car - if you haven’t already 😬


Hi Ian, the early 4.7s in 2010 were built before  EU5 emission regs came into force and have the same exhaust system as the 4.3. I think this is what I have.  The place that will now look after my car took me out in a decatted 4.3 car which sounded awesome. Now my car sounds very quiet 😂
Brian - V8 BJC
Happiness is measured in smiles per mile 😁
Quote 1 0
duncan_wd
All Hotels booked, I think.
I will be meeting you in France as my partner will not go through the tunnel.
Will probably get the Ferry from Hull. 
Roll on 2020.
Lifes not a trial run. Do it don't wish it!

Area 9 North West England
Quote 0 0
LesF
Glad you're all booked.
If you travelled to Zeebrugge the night before, you could head into France and meet up with the 20 other cars as we come over in the morning.  Alternatively, we could find a place on the way south to rendezvous. 

53 weeks to go.....
 


Strange how “The prettiest car of all time”  rhymes with “DB9”

Quote 0 0