LesF Show full post »
duncan_wd
Any idea for dates Les as I'd love to add my name?
Lifes not a trial run. Do it don't wish it!

Area 9 North West England
Quote 0 0
LesF
The Monza F1 is normally the first few days of September.  I've taken the liberty and added you to the list ;-)
Must admit, I'm getting quite excited about this one.  As my teenage daughter would say "it's going to be epic". lol. 

So far we have the following interested:
1.   Vanquish Rider 
2.   GavinC
3.   BrianC
4.   Pdbollinger
5.   SilverspeedDB9
6.   Steviebee155
7.   IanPostles
8.   Astonatic
9.   Kevinhawney
10. MarkE
11. GarethT
12. LesF
13. Duncan_wd

If anyone else is interested copy and paste this post and add yourself to the list. 

Remember this is 2020, so we will have lots of time to organise something that everyone can enjoy.

Strange how “The prettiest car of all time”  rhymes with “DB9”

Quote 0 0
BrianC
I share your excitement Les 👍

What are your thoughts for days spent at the GP, Friday to Sunday, weekend or race day only?
Brian - V8 BJC
Happiness is measured in smiles per mile 😁
Quote 0 0
Vanquish Rider
Welcome along Neil.
SteveE

Life Begins Outside Your Comfort Zone
Quote 1 0
LesF
BrianC wrote:
I share your excitement Les 👍

What are your thoughts for days spent at the GP, Friday to Sunday, weekend or race day only?

I'm happy to go with the flow on all of this trip.

I'm sure that the amount of time spent at Monza will be dependent on the chaps from Redbull, and our visit.
I'd guess they will be to busy on race day to have us lot bumbling around the pits, so it's probably going to be the weekend at the track, or maybe Saturday evening with the team and Sunday??

Quote 0 0
Vanquish Rider
LesF wrote:

I'm sure that the amount of time spent at Monza will be dependent on the chaps from Redbull, and our visit.
I'd guess they will be to busy on race day to have us lot bumbling around the pits, so it's probably going to be the weekend at the track, or maybe Saturday evening with the team and Sunday??

Sounds about right. I doubt my wife will want 3 days at the track. But that does not mean we can't keep ourselves busy in the Milan area. 

SteveE

Quote 0 0
BrianC
LesF wrote:

Having not been to Monza before my preference would be Sat and Sunday at the track for FP3, qually and the race but like Vanquish Rider feel 3 days may be a tad too much for some.  I would be minded to make the Friday another driving day.

If people have different ideas about the time they spend at the circuit, maybe it would be a good idea to have different smaller group plans on the way down to the circuit with a full group drive planned on the way back as everyone would be there for the race on Sunday
Brian - V8 BJC
Quote 0 0
Vanquish Rider
More than happy to drive on the Friday, plenty to see on the way out of the Alps. 
SteveE

Quote 0 0
BrianC
Vanquish Rider wrote:
More than happy to drive on the Friday, plenty to see on the way out of the Alps. 

Sure is, more Alps......... garnished with tarmac [biggrin]
Brian - V8 BJC
Quote 1 0
LesF
Apart from race day the rest will depend on when Redbull /Aston Motorsport will schedule us to invade their garages etc.

Quote 0 0
M500 TOO
1. Vanquish Rider
2. GavinC
3. BrianC
4. Pdbollinger
5. SilverspeedDB9
6. Steviebee155
7. IanPostles
8. Astonatic
9. Kevinhawney
10. MarkE
11. GarethT
12. LesF
13. M500TOO

We did something similar last year ending up at Modena but taking in a lot on the way, so would up for this, 13 Aston’s now that’s someones dozen

Mark and SJ
Quote 1 0
Sebastian Tombs
This sounds like fun. My wife and I did a similar trip for our honeymoon a couple of years ago taking in Stelvio, and a year ago for Furka/Susten/Grimsel. The only problem is that it may well clash with our 3rd wedding anniversary and I might not get away with more car stuff :-D

I'll add myself to the list as a tentative until such time as I discuss it with Mrs T.

Edit: Yay, she thinks it's a great idea. We're in!

1. Vanquish Rider 
2. GavinC
3. BrianC
4. Pdbollinger
5. SilverspeedDB9
6. Steviebee155
7. IanPostles
8. Astonatic
9. Kevinhawney
10. MarkE
11. GarethT
12. LesF
13. M500TOO
14. Sebastian Tombs
Quote 0 0
Ian Postles
I was speaking to a friend recently and they would be interested in learning more about the trip as it becomes available. I have added their names at no15.

1. Vanquish Rider
2. GavinC
3. BrianC
4. Pdbollinger
5. SilverspeedDB9
6. Steviebee155
7. IanPostles
8. Astonatic
9. Kevinhawney
10. MarkE
11. GarethT
12. LesF
13. M500TOO
14. Sebastian Tombs
15. NigelD

Quote 0 0
Hendrik D
Alfa Romeo museum is well worth a visit. Located in Arese - close to Milan
Follow the DB7 GT/GTA Register on
[1734550218]  [instagram-icon-32-564129525]  [14702681981545489908]
Quote 0 0
LesF
15 Astons driving to Monza.  Could be a story in this.
I wrote an article about a charity flight I did years ago (attached) and the magazine donated a nice sum to Great Ormond Street. 
I might try to write something about this trip and see if 'Vantage' magazine will do the same - that's of course if no one objects.

Do something for charity and the gods of good karma will look down over the astons electrical system and keep her working with minimal error messages. 
Error-free is impossible even for the gods. 😁

Quote 1 0
MarkE
LesF wrote:
Do something for charity and the gods of good karma will look down over the astons electrical system and keep her working with minimal error messages. 
Error-free is impossible even for the gods. ðŸ˜

Absolutely.  I'm a trustee of a charity that supports health and welfare projects for kids in some of the poorest parts of India.  Set up by a bunch of bikers just over ten years ago.

I'm doing silly stuff for it this year ... a 1000+ mile/24 hour motorcycle ride, then later in the year doing the London Santa run.

(and if anyone wants to donate, here's the link to my bike ride fundraiser along with some more details on the charity:   https://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/MarkEdwards72 )
Quote 1 0
LesF
MarkE wrote:

I'm doing silly stuff for it this year ... a 1000+ mile/24 hour motorcycle ride, then later in the year doing the London Santa run.

I drove the Aston 1,000 miles in a day a couple of weeks ago and felt fine, but I've also done 300 miles on a motorbike and felt shattered.  
1K on two wheels is a real mission!  Top man.  Hope you raise a few quid.    

Quote 1 0
MarkE

Thanks @LesF 

I did a recce a few weeks back over a couple of days.  There's some fantastic biking tarmac once I get north of Glasgow, but before that it's all Motorway to try and eat up the miles.  I think the Scottish weather is going to be my biggest enemy - it's quite remote up in the extreme north and storms can roll in very quickly (on my recce, it started raining heavily just north of Inverness, and didn't stop until I'd hit the English border again), that and fog!

Quote 1 0
LesF

Vanquish Rider and I have been looking into routes etc, and have come up with a rough outline.
All feedback and suggestions are welcome.

Thursday 3rd - 6 Hours: All meet up at the Euro tunnel then travel to Beaune and stay at the Henry II (secure parking and good value at £125).

X.jpg 

Friday 4th - 6 Hours: Beaune-Andermatt. Over and around the alps taking in part of the famous James Bond circuit. Hotel TBC

Y.jpg 

Saturday 5th  5/6 Hours:  Andermatt to Como.  Cover the other 3 legs off the JB circuit,  Lunch at Gottardo and double back down the oldest road in the alps The Tremolo,  head to Monza to visit the Redbull garage in the evening with a group meal in Milan. Hotel TBC

Z.jpg 

Sunday 6th - Race day and final night together in Como.

7650704368_IMG_2174.jpg 

Monday 7th 
- Say your goodbyes and then do your own thing.  Some may want to head back in a group, some might want to stay a bit longer.  Personally, I’ll be taking my wife on to Monaco & Nice for a few days before the trip back.

IMG_6320.jpeg 

Quote 1 0
Vanquish Rider
.If you go Via Reims to Beaune, we could stop at old the GP circuit for the obligatory group photo and have the tour of Taittinger. Woud  make a great first day of it. 

https://www.taittinger.com/en/visit

Reims2.jpg 
SteveE

Quote 0 0
Ian Postles
The last time we were there we left in a bit of a hurry 😂🤣😂
Quote 1 0
LesF
If you go Via Reims to Beaune, we could stop at old the GP circuit for the obligatory group photo and have the tour of Taittinger. Would make a great first day of it.  

Sounds good.  I'd also prefer the Reims route as you always get traffic on the E15 around Paris.

Quote 1 0
Vanquish Rider
Ian Postles wrote:

Love the exhaust crackle ratting off the old buildings. Well done.
SteveE

Quote 0 0
LesF
Ian Postles wrote:

ohh that sounds lovely.  Makes me want to do a cat delete on my Volante.

Quote 0 0
M500 TOO
Looks good, I think me and the good lady will head up to Salzburg for a few days then back via Munich and Stuttgart to break a few autobahns 
Quote 1 0