LesF Show full post »
M500 TOO
Not sure about the noise with cats out 
Quote 1 0
duncan_wd
Like M500 I fancy travelling back through the Black Forest via Baden Baden followed by a day blasting through Germany and using the Vanquish as it should be (the French have really killed any fun on a long drive). As I'm from oooop North I'll get the overnight Ferry from Rotterdam to Hull on the way back and miss the tedious drive up from Dover. Probable work a way to visit some of the Museums Steve has mentioned in Germany.
Lifes not a trial run. Do it don't wish it!

Area 9 North West England
Quote 1 0
rcfurse
I wouldn't go anywhere near Paris if I had a choice.
Quote 0 0
kevinhawney
Looks great. I too would prefer to avoid Paris. Done a few too many times.
Quote 0 0
M500 TOO
Thanks Duncan

we we’re looking at possibly mon and Tuesday night stop overs to get a bit of driving balanced with maybe Madladies and porch museums before heading for tunnel as we are down Sarf, your ferry will be PM I believe so loads of time to cover some miles if we are a tad far from crossing points 

Mark 
Quote 0 0
Vanquish Rider
rcfurse wrote:
I wouldn't go anywhere near Paris if I had a choice.

The plan is to take the Reims route (in grey).

Neil, I quite fancy doing the Eagles Nest at some point before I die. Might head back that way via the Stelvio or something. 

WE took the Hull ferry last time and blasted down through Germany. Was well worth it as we made good time and the cost of fuel at speed was more than offset by the lack of road tolls. We went from Rotterdam to Stuttgart in about 6 hours. Sinsheim is very good. It's sister museum I have yet to visit.  20170514_110434.jpg  20170514_122925.jpg  20170514_124123.jpg  20170514_124944.jpg  20170514_140930.jpg  20170514_141550.jpg 
SteveE

Life Begins Outside Your Comfort Zone
Quote 1 0
M500 TOO
We stayed at a rather nice hotel just outside Salzburg, very car friendly and good parking,  it’s the hotel Schloss Fuschl and the red bull museum is at airport as well as the eagles nest just up the road happy to head here after the race day 41B4C0C3-E688-434B-9489-FD17273E4D64.jpeg  F935F704-306F-4FB2-AEA6-9D2A7DAD0DBC.jpeg 
Quote 0 0
GillianF
M500 TOO wrote:
Thanks Duncan

we we’re looking at possibly mon and Tuesday night stop overs to get a bit of driving balanced with maybe Madladies and porch museums before heading for tunnel as we are down Sarf, your ferry will be PM I believe so loads of time to cover some miles if we are a tad far from crossing points 

Mark 

If you don't need luxury we stayed at the Ibis Stuttgart City because it has an underground car park with security barriers. Wide spaces many with walls at either side and no ramps.  We easily parked a Ferrari & DB9. There's a picture on this link.  https://www.petrolheadswelcome.com/listing/ibis-hotel-stuttgart/
Yes we take photo's of carparks!!
Quote 2 0
LesF
GillianF wrote:

If you don't need luxury we stayed at the Ibis Stuttgart City because it has an underground car park with security barriers. Wide spaces many with walls at either side and no ramps.  We easily parked a Ferrari & DB9. There's a picture on this link.  https://www.petrolheadswelcome.com/listing/ibis-hotel-stuttgart/
Yes, we take photos of carparks!!

I've stayed there a couple of times in my old 911. It's clean and tidy and I found the staff were very good. 
The Porsche museum is a great place and I highly recommended it.  You can park underneath it as well.  
Last time I was there I corrected the tour guide 3 times (until my wife told me off) lol.  Well, I had been driving 911's for 27 years and I'm a car nerd so what do you expect.

Strange how “The prettiest car of all time”  rhymes with “DB9”

Quote 2 0
M500 TOO
Oh god is there a possibility We may be on a road trip with a car park freak, and a complete porch maniac , will need to fill the boot with cable ties and carpet as Wr have a few bad habits too ha ha 
Quote 0 0
LloydP
Hi guys. Bit late to the party for this but if possible would like to add our names.

Haven't done any touring before and only 16 Months into Aston ownership so this would be a great start, even the wife is exited (always a positive).

The prospect of going on the trip with experienced tourers is really attractive.

Lloyd and Raechel.
Quote 0 0
Vanquish Rider
Lloyd, I'm sure Les will be in touch in due course. The more the merrier. As long as we can find accommodation. Pretty sure we are not up to silly numbers yet.
SteveE

Quote 0 0
kevinhawney
Though I've driven in Europe extensively I've never been on tour to a major sports event. Do we need to book now to secure hotel accommodation (with secure parking) for the F1 weekend? Advice from those more experienced would be very welcome.
Kevin
Quote 0 0
LesF
Welcome, Lloyd and Raechel.  I'll add you to the list.
1. Vanquish Rider 
2. GavinC
3. BrianC
4. Pdbollinger
5. SilverspeedDB9
6. Steviebee155
7. IanPostles
8. Astonatic
9. Kevinhawney
10. MarkE
11. GarethT
12. LesF
13. M500TOO
14. Sebastian Tombs
15. NigelD
16. LloydP

Does anyone have any hotel suggestions for Andermatt to Como?

Quote 0 0
GillianF

At the risk of looking like an advertisement we have one in Como on our website that was recommended by a forum user.  If you want to go via Garda then Hotel Benaco in Desenzano is owned by an Aston owner and is very accommodating.  The hotel we have listed in Andermatt is very basic to be honest but parking was level and safe.  I guess the challenge is finding large enough places for your numbers.  Good luck G

https://www.petrolheadswelcome.com/listing/villa-belvedere-lake-como/
Quote 0 0
GillianF
This one was recommended by an Aston owner as well:

https://www.petrolheadswelcome.com/listing/grand-hotel-villa-serbelloni/

Quote 0 0
duncan_wd
LesF wrote:
Welcome, Lloyd and Raechel.  I'll add you to the list.
1. Vanquish Rider 
2. GavinC
3. BrianC
4. Pdbollinger
5. SilverspeedDB9
6. Steviebee155
7. IanPostles
8. Astonatic
9. Kevinhawney
10. MarkE
11. GarethT
12. LesF
13. M500TOO
14. Sebastian Tombs
15. NigelD
16. LloydP

Looks like I've been taken off the list Les. I was No13 on page two of the thread. Any reason, have you heard about my bad habits?
Lifes not a trial run. Do it don't wish it!

Area 9 North West England
Quote 0 0
LesF
duncan_wd wrote:

Looks like I've been taken off the list Les. I was No13 on page two of the thread. Any reason, have you heard about my bad habits?

oops must have copied the wrong post.  Your back in 13th ;-) 

1. Vanquish Rider 
2. GavinC
3. BrianC
4. Pdbollinger
5. SilverspeedDB9
6. Steviebee155
7. IanPostles
8. Astonatic
9. Kevinhawney
10. MarkE
11. GarethT
12. LesF
13. Duncan_wd
14. M500TOO
15. Sebastian Tombs
16. NigelD
17. LloydP

Quote 0 0
LesF

I've had the following back from the Belvedere on Lake Como.       http://www.villabelvedererelais.it/en/

I think if everyone is happy with his hotel, then we should go ahead and book the rooms.

17700318.jpg 

Our best rate and type of rooms available for the nights of 5th and 6th September 2020 are:

4 Villa Argegno  

Double Standard rooms, Street Side of the Villa, 15-20 square meters.

Rate: € 140,00 per room per night - Total per stay: € 280,00 per room

2 Villa Family room, Argegno  view (street side)

The Family rooms (32 square meters), composed of a bathroom and two connecting bedrooms, the first one with kingsize bed and the second one with twin beds, Street Side of the Villa. 

Rate: € 245,00 per room per night - Total per stay: € 490,00 per room

4 Villa Lake double room, “your lake window”

Double Basic rooms,  with wide windows on the lake Side of the Villa, Size: about 15 square meters with Small bathroom.

Rate: € 172,50 per room per night - Total per stay: € 345,00 per room

4 Romantic Lake double room, “the spirit of Como lake”

Comfortable Romantic double room, on the lake side, Size about 20-25 squares meters, shower and bidet  in the bathroom

Rate: € 217,50 per room per night - Total per stay: € 435,00 per room

1 Lucia double room, “all the Manzoni’ romance”

Double Room Deluxe Lucia, features a balcony overlooking the Como lake and Pre Alps mountains. This room of about 20-25 squares meters with minibar, and an extra-large shower and Bidet  in the bathroom.

Rate: € 265,00 per room per night - Total per stay: € 560,00 per room

1 Concordia double room, “your living room on the lake”

Double room Deluxe Concordia, located in the liberty style Villa, features a 25 square meters terrace and private solarium overlooking the Como lake and Pre Alps mountains. This room of about 20-25 squares meters, are equipped with a minibar, a hydromassage bath on the terrace (open in Summer Season), shower and bidet in the bathroom.

Rate: € 310,00 per room per night - Total per stay: € 620,00 per room

1 Darsena double room, “the soul of the lake”

Double room Deluxe Darsena, located in dépendance of the Villa, features a private terrace and an access to the boat deck, and a wonderful view on Como lake and Prealpi mountains. This room of about 30 squares meters, is equipped with minibar, shower and bidet  in the bathroom.

Rate: € 265,00 per room per night - Total per stay: € 560,00 per room

1 Junior Suite Belvedere

The Junior Suite Belvedere, located in dépendance of the Villa, features a private terrace and solarium of 55 square meters, and an amazing view on Como lake and Prealpi mountains. This room of about 34 squares meters, composed of a large bedroom and a lounge with a comfortable sofa and minibar, shower and bidet  in the bathroom.

Rate: € 310,00 per room per night - Total per stay: € 620,00 per room

2 Single rooms with lake view with 2 separate beds

Rate: € 140,00 per room per night - Total per stay: € 280,00 per room

I'm still waiting to hear back from the Hotel Henry.  

Quote 0 0
M500 TOO
That’s great Les

so shall we book independently and let you know which rooms we have taken

markT
Quote 0 0
LesF
If everyone is happy with this hotel, we can just book our own.
It's nice an simple that way.  Otherwise, it becomes a bit of an organised event rather than a bunch of like-minded people having a great time together.

Quote 0 0
M500 TOO
Yes happy with this, have you booked Les if so we will book too
Quote 0 0
Vanquish Rider
I feel I may go bankrupt on this trip. But what the hell.

Les, is the race calendar confirmed for 2020? 
SteveE

Quote 0 0
dwell
Hi Les, I’m the one that recommended this hotel, we’ve been twice the location, food and parking were first class (we had the lake view rooms both times - recommended) only wish I was well enough for us to join you - cheers, Dave. 
Quote 1 0
dwell
Memories....😊62054214-1555-4040-AEE5-FB8FFC23606A.jpeg  898E17D2-CCED-4C39-9830-D1D18A881B91.jpeg 
Quote 0 0