Mark Rolfe
I've registered the Aston Martin Owners Club for the Sunday Scramble at Bicester Heritage on the 2nd of October.

Dicounted tickets are now available to purchase online via the Bicester Heritage website, choose the ‘Buy Club Member Vehicle Tickets’ option.  Further into the process there will be the option to choose our club from a list of registered clubs.via the following link:

http://bicesterheritage.co.uk/event/11th-sunday-scramble-tickets-2nd-october-2016/

Also by purchasing via the Club member option this gives them an indication of how many vehicles to expect for our club display area.

Advance booking is advised as this event does sometimes sell out and they cannot guarantee tickets will be available on the day.

I'll be there and it was good to meet some of the other forumites last time and we had a great day. Hopefully some more of you will be able to come along this time.

http://bicesterheritage.co.uk/events/
Quote 0 0
John Purser
Many thanks, Solent.
For anyone travelling in from a distance,
the last AMOC race meeting of the season is on Saturday 1st October at Silverstone.
Quote 0 0
Mark Rolfe
I've checked with Bicester and so far only 2 Astons are booked in with them and one is me), is anyone else going but not booked yet? Perhaps you're waiting to see what the weather will be like? If you are going, when you've booked please post here to let me know so I can keep a rough eye on numbers.

Would like to get to at least 10 so we can have a dedicated parking area.
Quote 0 0
v12 volante man
SolentDB7 wrote:

I've checked with Bicester and so far only 2 Astons are booked in with them and one is me), is anyone else going but not booked yet? Perhaps you're waiting to see what the weather will be like? If you are going, when you've booked please post here to let me know so I can keep a rough eye on numbers.

Would like to get to at least 10 so we can have a dedicated parking area.


Hi matey, I am provisionally down for it albeit not booked yet as it will be weather permitting. Ive also asked 3 other AM owners who I hook up with if they will support your event/meeting with me as we all usually hook up on the same day at another car show locally but we fancy a change and Bicester will be that by sounds of it.

The others are all weather permitting too I'm afraid so please bear with us on it.

Are Bicester then saying to you if we have less than 10 Astons they will stick us out in the cold lonely standard car park then???? or would we still be able to park amongst the classics as there would be NO WAY I would leave my car unattended in a normal parking area.

Regards,
Quote 0 0
Ockyclarke
Is there anything to see at Bicester on a normal Sunday? I'm in the area this weekend
Paul
Quote 0 0
Mark Rolfe
Hi Brendan, no they are not saying that, we would be parked with all the other classics and sports cars and NOT in the general parking. They prefer to have at least 10 of one marque to dedicate a space for them. However I'm hoping I can sweet talk them if we do have less.

Thanks in advance for your and your friends support.

I suspect we'll have more than 10 but most people are waiting for the weather report nearer the time.
Quote 0 0
Mark Rolfe
Ockyclark - you can't normally access the site at the weekend unless visiting one of the companies/organisations based there. There is the retail village if you wish to break your credit card......... Otherwise nothing else in Bicester to visit that I'm aware of.
Quote 0 0
Ockyclarke
SolentDB7 wrote:

Ockyclark - you can't normally access the site at the weekend unless visiting one of the companies/organisations based there. There is the retail village if you wish to break your credit card......... Otherwise nothing else in Bicester to visit that I'm aware of.


Thanks for the information
Paul
Quote 0 0
v12 volante man
SolentDB7 wrote:

Hi Brendan, no they are not saying that, we would be parked with all the other classics and sports cars and NOT in the general parking. They prefer to have at least 10 of one marque to dedicate a space for them. However I'm hoping I can sweet talk them if we do have less.

Thanks in advance for your and your friends support.

I suspect we'll have more than 10 but most people are waiting for the weather report nearer the time.


Cheers matey. Fingers crossed it will be a gud un.
Quote 0 0
John B
SolentDB7 wrote:

I've registered the Aston Martin Owners Club for the Sunday Scramble at Bicester Heritage on the 2nd of October.

Dicounted tickets are now available to purchase online via the Bicester Heritage website, choose the ‘Buy Club Member Vehicle Tickets’ option.  Further into the process there will be the option to choose our club from a list of registered clubs.via the following link:

http://bicesterheritage.co.uk/event/11th-sunday-scramble-tickets-2nd-october-2016/

Also by purchasing via the Club member option this gives them an indication of how many vehicles to expect for our club display area.

Advance booking is advised as this event does sometimes sell out and they cannot guarantee tickets will be available on the day.

I'll be there and it was good to meet some of the other forumites last time and we had a great day. Hopefully some more of you will be able to come along this time.

http://bicesterheritage.co.uk/events/

I will miss this one as I am away, real shame as I literally live 5 minutes away. Keep booking us in and I will definitely make the next one.
Quote 0 0
Mark Rolfe
John B - that is a shame but I will keep booking us in. I believe the next one may be in Jan or if not it'll be in the spring. Either way I'll post here when I know.
Quote 0 0
v12 volante man
SolentDB7 wrote:

John B - that is a shame but I will keep booking us in. I believe the next one may be in Jan or if not it'll be in the spring. Either way I'll post here when I know.


I think January would be a bad time for one as the weather is usually shite!!! LOL

Regards,
Quote 0 0
Ockyclarke
v12 volante man wrote:

I think January would be a bad time for one as the weather is usually shite!!! LOL

Regards,


Are you John Kettley in disguise
Paul
Quote 0 0
v12 volante man
Ockyclarke wrote:

Are you John Kettley in disguise


No idea who he is Paul.

Regards,
Quote 0 0
Ockyclarke
A BBC weatherman from back in the day
Paul
Quote 0 0
v12 volante man
Ockyclarke wrote:

A BBC weatherman from back in the day


I don't watch or listen to the BBC much matey. LOL

I remember Michael Fish though!!!! He got it badly wrong I seem to remember.

Regards,
Quote 0 0
scampbird
Hope to make it but need to play it by ear and can't commit at the moment.
Quote 0 0
geoffd
I've signed up.

Geoff
Quote 0 0
fergymax
SolentDB7 wrote:

Ockyclark - you can't normally access the site at the weekend unless visiting one of the companies/organisations based there. There is the retail village if you wish to break your credit card......... Otherwise nothing else in Bicester to visit that I'm aware of.



Bicester only has one of the busiest outlet designer shops (Bicester Village) where lots and lots of people travel too! They even built a railway station to service it. Ideal for the good lady to be dropped off (if potentially expensive) and a trip to the Scramble !

Quote 0 0
v12 volante man
fergymax wrote:

Bicester only has one of the busiest outlet designer shops (Bicester Village) where lots and lots of people travel too! They even built a railway station to service it. Ideal for the good lady to be dropped off (if potentially expensive) and a trip to the Scramble !




Would be nice again to see your beast there. The car, not the wife. LOL

Regards,
Quote 0 0
fergymax
;D let's see how concours goes might have to hide it way in shame  LOL
Quote 0 0
DB7Solent
I'm hoping to make it again, was a good day out last time
Quote 0 0
Mark Rolfe
Nah fergymax there's never any shame in owning an Aston Martin no matter what it's like.

DB7Solent great, it'd be good to meet up again and play spot the difference again 
Quote 0 0
fergymax
SolentDB7 wrote:

Nah fergymax there's never any shame in owning an Aston Martin no matter what it's like.



Very true, however I have seen tutting at people with dirty ones!
Quote 0 0
Mark Rolfe
Let them tut, at least a dirty car shows it is being used for what it was meant to be......driven. The worst tutters usually are the ones who drive less than 500 miles a year and have "a man" who cleans and fettles their car(s). I look forward to seeing you there with clean or dirty car at least you'll be there.

PS I hardly dare say this but long range forecast is for a dry day.
Quote 0 0