Mark Rolfe Show full post »
scampbird
I'm now signed up. Look forward to it!
Quote 0 0
Mark Rolfe
scampbird wrote:

I'm now signed up. Look forward to it!

Excellent I'll check on Monday with the organisers and see how many Astons are booked in so far.

Long range forecast still looking good 👍🏻
Quote 0 0
DB7Solent
Chocks away. All booked for Sunday.
Quote 0 0
John Purser
Don't forget, if planning a weekend of it, that we have the race meeting at Silverstone on Saturday 1st October.

Quote 0 0
Mark Rolfe
Ok I've checked with Bicester and they've got 15 of us booked through the club discount scheme which means they will definitely give us our own area for parking.

If any of you want to wait until the last minute to decide whether to come along, I think the online booking can be done right up until the event opens but I'm not 100% sure about that. (When booking you need to print off your tickets).

If you want to pay on the day it's £5 per person entry as opposed to £2.50, not a huge amount but £2.50 is about 3 or 4 miles of petrol LOL 😀👍🏻😎

Lastly gates open at 9am and the event ends at 2pm, I'm aiming to arrive for the start and look forward to meeting old friends and new. I will need to leave about 11:00-11:30 though, so hopefully I will see you most of you before I go.
Quote 0 0
Mark Rolfe
I've been told by Bicester you can book online up to 8am on Sunday morning.
Quote 0 0
v12 volante man
Thanks Mark for arranging a great day and meet up. A really great selection of Aston's tipped up with the DB7 in large numbers across the entire range and era's so that was great. Had some great laughs and chats with fellow like minded owners.

Weather was lovely and fresh too. Never been there before but I thought the layout of the site and the different things going on there were brilliant and can only get bigger and better over time. A perfect place I thought for the new HQ.

Looking forward to the next one now.

Regards,

Quote 0 0
Mark Rolfe
Well the Sunday Scramble at Bicester Heritage was very well attended and the weather was fine, there were about 20 Astons in the AMOC section plus a couple of interlopers brought along by members.

It was good to meet some of the forumites, new owners and some old friends too.

There were many other vehicles of all shapes, sizes and ages plus the various restoration businesses were open to look around.

The next one is on 8th January, I'll register the club again although I suspect that will be a date that will definitely be weather dependant.

(Glad to hear you enjoyed it Brendan, see you there again)
Quote 0 0
v12 volante man
SolentDB7 wrote:

Well the Sunday Scramble at Bicester Heritage was very well attended and the weather was fine, there were about 20 Astons in the AMOC section plus a couple of interlopers brought along by members.

It was good to meet some of the forumites, new owners and some old friends too.

There were many other vehicles of all shapes, sizes and ages plus the various restoration businesses were open to look around.

The next one is on 8th January, I'll register the club again although I suspect that will be a date that will definitely be weather dependant.

(Glad to hear you enjoyed it Brendan, see you there again)

Weather permitting yes Mark. Albeit next time I will have a really good look around those garages and what's inside them as just too many cars were there to look at. A great place it is.

I hope that accident outside the gates on the roundabout was not too serious as there were a lot of Emergency services vehicles there and the road was closed.

Regards,
Quote 0 0