Wedgie
Well, nine of us in four cars met at The Bell in Aston Clinton on Friday 15th October to celebrate the 40th anniversary of the launch of the V8 Lagonda to the press there on 12th October 1976.

I believe the launch actually took place at an adjacent pavilion which has since burnt down and been built over. If anyone has any pictures of the original event in 1976 I should like to see them.

We had dinner in a nearby Chinese restaurant.  On Saturday we visited the museum at Bletchley Park (of Enigma/Turing fame) and also the separate National Museum of Computing both of which are very interesting.  We had dinner at the Bell.

On Sunday we attempted in vain in torrential rain to find the AMOC cairn on the nearby Aston Hill. From there we made a pilgrimage to Works at Newport Pagnell, the birthplace of the Lagonda, where we took a few photographs in front of the new showroom courtesy of Paul Spires, their Commercial Director. There was considerable interest from passers-by. We met the daughter of someone who had painted the Lagondas who stopped whilst driving by.  Clearly AML is in the DNA of Newport Pagnell and long may that continue. 

We ended our weekend with lunch at the nearby Carrington Arms in Moulsoe.

Thank you everyone for coming!

Ps. I’ll post a few pictures soon.
Roger I
Quote 0 0
Bournemouthboy
Look forward to the pictures

Quote 0 0
Wedgie
Better late than never. Photos are those of Keith Cornman. If you haven't been to Bletchley Park & NMOC separate but both on same site they are definitely worth a visit.

Roger I
Quote 0 0
v12 volante man
So that's where " Dr Evil " works now eh. LOL
Quote 0 0
ishort
For the Lagonda lover, have a look at this for a piece of history.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/172469310053
Quote 0 0
asington
I would have thought that with the frightful cock-up at the launch of the V8 Lagonda some 40 years ago, those interested in the model would prefer to keep a low profile!
Quote 0 0
Rich5ltr
Are you talking about the Towns wedge Lagonda or the previous DBV8 based one? 
Still burning hydrocarbons just for fun! 

Quote 0 0
ishort
asington wrote:

I would have thought that with the frightful cock-up at the launch of the V8 Lagonda some 40 years ago, those interested in the model would prefer to keep a low profile!

Ouch, you are going to hurt Wedgie's feelings....
Quote 0 0
asington
The Wedge!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Quote 0 0
tim_c
asington wrote:

It's all part of the mystique.
Registrar of Cars, AMHT
Quote 0 0
Waterden
Or taste! A brave move, I thought, but too much like Lady Penelope's pink Roller for me although HRH liked it. Top marks for trying though
Quote 0 0