RooTwo
Spectacular 75th Anniversary Ball.

The Ball to celebrate the Clubs 75 anniversary will be held at The Royal Palace Banqueting House, Whitehall, on the 29th May 2010. We will be dinning under the magnificent painted ceiling of Peter Paul Rubens as Kings and Queens have since the days of Charles 1st. 
A fitting venue for Club Members and their quests.

The evening starts with a Champagne reception courtesy of Taittinger with canapés in the undercroft, once the drinking den of Charles's father James !st . A three course dinner with wine on the tables, music to compliment the festive mood, followed by coffee and a glass of Port. The Anniversary committee has arranged for the Marching band of the Scott’s Guard to entertain us after dinner then dancing until midnight with a live band.

This is the last major date for the Club until 2035 and therefore not to be missed.

Tables are for ten, so when ordering please inform the Club who you would like to sit with and your dietary requirements. If you are organising a table and wish to name it after a model of an Aston or Area number please advise us at time of booking. (subject to table name not being already allocated)

Price per person is £185.00 (which includes VAT at 17.5%) 
Payment for places:  Please forward your cheque for the full amount to Club HQ, or two cheques one of £100.00 per person payable on the date of sending and a post dated cheque of £85.00 per person payable on the 3rd  May 2010.

A list of hotels are on the Clubs web site or available from Club HQ.

I Understand that one Member from area 21 obtained a quote from a coach company of under £18.00 per person to take Members from a central point to Whitehall and back.
This might be of interest to those not wishing to stay the remainder of the night in London who are coming as an area.

Since the brochure was printed some of our race dates have changed Members are asked to look at the AMN or the website http://www.amoc.org/content/view/931/370

Michael Urban.
11/02/10
Quote 0 0
GaryU
Only £370 for myself and the wife to attend.

So by the time we have an hotel, taxis, wife's new dress  etc, we are looking at the best part of
£1000 to attend this dinner.  Its a good job there isn't a recession on at the moment. 
Quote 0 0
mcatlin
Could sell one of your Astons!!!

We registered for this event but by the time travelled from Yorkshire, couple of nights stay etc, turns out to be very expensive as you suggest.
Quote 0 0
CQ DBSV8
I think it is very important that all you old duffers on the forum support this event.  Unlike myself, who is the right side of 40, many of you will not be around for 100th anniversary ball so this will be your last hoorah!
Chris Quested
1972 AM V8 and late seventies V8 Vantage
Quote 0 0
williamp
CQ DBSV8 wrote:

I think it is very important that all you old duffers on the forum support this event.  Unlike myself, who is the right side of 40, many of you will not be around for 100th anniversary ball so this will be your last hoorah!

Good point. I wont be going to this one, but if I start saving now I can afford to attend the 100th. Anyone else??
Quote 0 0
db7 boy
Just to give an idea of value for money, recent research shows that Livery companies or Halls, charge on average a minimum of £140.00 a head for dinner, no cabaret or dancing and you buy your own wine...........
Seems to me that the Ball committee have done a good job for the cost, like our Astons good things cost more than pub lunches!

See you there.
Quote 0 0
db7 boy
Further thought...........this is billed as a BALL not a provincial Hotel Dinner and Dance, you can have a Dinner & Dance anytime, anywhere.
AMOC will only be 75 once so it really is a one off event.
Must be worth going.
Quote 0 0
Nigel
I've asked Audrey if we can have a V8 restorers' table so we don't bore the rest of the crowd - hmmm perhaps our wives would like a separate table..... >

BTW I know how much it costs to hire the Banqueting Hall - for what we're getting, although expensive,  the ticket prices are probably value for money.

And at only three tanks of petrol in the V8...
Quote 0 0
db7 boy
Nigel wrote:

I've asked Audrey if we can have a V8 restorers' table so we don't bore the rest of the crowd - hmmm perhaps our wives would like a separate table..... >

BTW I know how much it costs to hire the Banqueting Hall - for what we're getting, although expensive,  the ticket prices are probably value for money.

And at only three tanks of petrol in the V8...
Are you buying fuel on the cheap?
Three tanks of petrol?
;D
Quote 0 0