Mark Rolfe
I've registered the Aston Martin Owners Club for the Sunday Scramble at Bicester Heritage on the 8th of January.

Dicounted tickets are now available to purchase online via the Bicester Heritage website, choose the ‘Buy Club Member Vehicle Tickets’ option.  Further into the process there will be the option to choose our club from a list of registered clubs.via the following link:

http://bicesterheritage.co.uk/event/sunday-scramble-tickets-8th-january-2017/club-member-vehicle/

Also by purchasing via the Club member option this gives them an indication of how many vehicles to expect for our club display area.

Advance booking is advised as this event does sometimes sell out and they cannot guarantee tickets will be available on the day.

I'm hoping to be there and it was good to meet some of the other forumites last time and we had a great day. Hopefully some more of you will be able to come along this time.

Obviously January can be "challenging" weather wise so I appreciate numbers may be affected by that.

For more details of the event and the venue:

http://bicesterheritage.co.uk/events/
Quote 0 0
v12 volante man
SolentDB7 wrote:

I've registered the Aston Martin Owners Club for the Sunday Scramble at Bicester Heritage on the 8th of January.

Dicounted tickets are now available to purchase online via the Bicester Heritage website, choose the ‘Buy Club Member Vehicle Tickets’ option.  Further into the process there will be the option to choose our club from a list of registered clubs.via the following link:

http://bicesterheritage.co.uk/event/sunday-scramble-tickets-8th-january-2017/club-member-vehicle/

Also by purchasing via the Club member option this gives them an indication of how many vehicles to expect for our club display area.

Advance booking is advised as this event does sometimes sell out and they cannot guarantee tickets will be available on the day.

I'm hoping to be there and it was good to meet some of the other forumites last time and we had a great day. Hopefully some more of you will be able to come along this time.

Obviously January can be "challenging" weather wise so I appreciate numbers may be affected by that.

+1.

Regards.
Quote 0 0
John B
SolentDB7 wrote:

As I literally live within 2 miles of Bicester Heritage it would be rude not to attend, weather permitting so +1.
Quote 0 0
fergymax
might go but all AM's in sleep mode......if I put a AMOC sticker in RR would that count?
Quote 0 0
v12 volante man
fergymax wrote:

might go but all AM's in sleep mode......if I put a AMOC sticker in RR would that count?

Yes, I might put mine and my Teddy and Hat in my 300c. Sure to get in. There were lots of folk who tipped up in non Astons Andrew so it matters not really.

Its just a great day out and the venue/site has many plus sides to it unlike some places which are extreamly limited.

Regards,
Quote 0 0
Rich5ltr
v12 volante man wrote:
Its just a great day out and the venue/site has many plus sides to it unlike some places which are extreamly limited.
Regards,
Such as... I can only think of Brooklands and Goodwood that do similar breakfast type meetings and both are equally as good.
Still burning hydrocarbons just for fun! 

Quote 0 0
v12 volante man
Rich5ltr wrote:

Such as... I can only think of Brooklands and Goodwood that do similar breakfast type meetings and both are equally as good.

I am sure they are Rich.

Gaydon Heritage museum is also a great place to go and has lots of space and good facilities and just like the old Bloxham site you can stop outside the main factory on the roundabout and take a picture of your Aston next to the AML factory wall sign for memories sake for those cars born there.

Regards,
Quote 0 0
Rich5ltr
v12 volante man wrote:

Gaydon Heritage museum is also a great place to go
Last time I was at Gaydon museum was in October at about 7:30 in the morning. It was cold and wet and we couldn't go in. Mark chose it as the rendezvous location for the autumn concours! I must go back some time and have a nose round. Last actual visit was about 10 years ago and I believe the display has changed since then. 

Quote 0 0
v12 volante man
Rich5ltr wrote:

Last time I was at Gaydon museum was in October at about 7:30 in the morning. It was cold and wet and we couldn't go in. Mark chose it as the rendezvous location for the autumn concours! I must go back some time and have a nose round. Last actual visit was about 10 years ago and I believe the display has changed since then. 

Why could you not go in Rich or was it just too early???

I have been 3 times this year on my " Gift aid " receipts which are still valid until March 2017. The displays have indeed changed a lot and for the better as they were rather crammed in before the new building or should I say concrete carpark was built and opened. Still a lot of room for improvement over in that building it has to be said TBH.

My last visit Rich the TVR owners club were having their AGM their albeit I think I rang you but you were elsewhere that day.

It would be great to arrange lets say another " Informal " meet there soon as there is plenty of parking space to be had/comendered if we all arrived early ish before doors open up.

They do now though action timed accompanied tours of the new building through out the day which can be a bugger TBH.

Would be happy to take you in for FREE Rich on my still valid tickets if you wanted to meet there one day before March next year.

Regards,
Quote 0 0
Rich5ltr
Thanks Brendan, I may take you up on that however with moving house sometime in February/March I may be somewhat busy. I didn't go in because that morning the plan was simply to drive to the Gaydon car park checkpoint then get to the location of the Autumn Concours. The idea is to prevent cars being trailered to events, rather they should be driven to a location about 5 miles away for registration to ensure all cars are actually driven to the event. :-) 

Quote 0 0
v12 volante man
Rich5ltr wrote:

Thanks Brendan, I may take you up on that however with moving house sometime in February/March I may be somewhat busy. I didn't go in because that morning the plan was simply to drive to the Gaydon car park checkpoint then get to the location of the Autumn Concours. The idea is to prevent cars being trailered to events, rather they should be driven to a location about 5 miles away for registration to ensure all cars are actually driven to the event. :-) 

Ahhh right, understood why now then.

The newly built modern looking building there would not look out of place if the same sort of thing happened at NP should it all go there in the end.

Regards,
Quote 0 0
scampbird
Booked in for this now.
Quote 0 0
John B
There are currently 21 car clubs registered for this event so hopefully a good overall turnout. The weather is forecast overcast but dry.
Quote 0 0
v12 volante man
John B wrote:

There are currently 21 car clubs registered for this event so hopefully a good overall turnout. The weather is forecast overcast but dry.

Cheers for that update. It was a massive turnout last time and I was pleasantly surprised at just how many tipped up for the event albeit the weather that day was excellent and sunny.

Regards,
Quote 0 0
scampbird
John B wrote:

Be nice to say hello John, I'm a fellow local.
Quote 0 0
John B
scampbird wrote:

Be nice to say hello John, I'm a fellow local.

Hoping to get there between 10 & 11
Quote 0 0
v12 volante man
John B wrote:

Hoping to get there between 10 & 11

The que's going in around that time last time were quite long and even worse when leaving the event albeit there was a serious accident just around the corner from the entrance roundabout down the road.

Regards,
Quote 0 0
Mark Rolfe
Hello all, glad to hear so many of you are coming along, look forward to seeing you all there.
Quote 0 0
John B
v12 volante man wrote:

The que's going in around that time last time were quite long and even worse when leaving the event albeit there was a serious accident just around the corner from the entrance roundabout down the road.
Do we go in by the main gate or the entrance that goes across the field?

Regards,
Quote 0 0
v12 volante man
John B wrote:

The one across the field/gravel track albeit I did see some folk coming and going via the gate too later in the day. It was closed off and Marshalls were directing us to the field entrance John.

Regards,
Quote 0 0
John B
Sorry guys, just went into my garage and I have a flat tyre 😡 Haven't looked at the car since before Christmas. Need to get it sorted as I fly off to the states this week. Hope you have a good day and maybe I will see some of you at Beaulieu/St Athan or the next scramble. Pain in the a**e.
Quote 0 0
v12 volante man
Thanks again to Mark and a well attended scramble event today albeit weather was poor but lifted later with some sunshine.

I think the AMV8 gang out did the 7 gang this time though but its nice to see a good variety of models.

My trio of Aston Teddies really enjoyed themselves and I also had the pleasure of meeting AMHT trust Chairman Roger Carey for the first time and had a brief but nice chat with him about things albeit he parked over the other side of the compound which was a shame.

I was not aware until today that the large hangar there was full of cars all stored and under cover albeit I spotted a NP Vanquish with its cover off and at least another 3 of the same model covered beside it on the same row so it seems Bicester after all is a favoured place for AM owners. Plenty of other Astons in there too on other rows.

Regards
Quote 0 0
fergymax
Albeit then Bren  LOL
Quote 0 0
v12 volante man
fergymax wrote:

Albeit then Bren  LOL

LOL Andrew.

Regards,
Quote 0 0