Lord Rowley
Am I the first one signed up for this ? 🤓
Quote 0 0
Ian Postles
Nope - did mine about 5:30   Should be fun - and the bad news for you is I think we are in the same hotel!
Quote 0 0
Rich5ltr
That must make me the 3rd ;-) And as I'm local I won't need to blag a room in the castle.
Still burning hydrocarbons just for fun! 

Quote 0 0
Lord Rowley
Bugger on a number of counts:
you beat me
sounds like you're at Oakley Court
that beautiful blue car of yours is one of the few that can upstage mine in the "colour stakes" (along with Nigel's yellow submarine) 

Anybody"capers" lined up for this one as you (allegedly) have for Mr Ed's bash ? 😉

If you are in Oakley, I understand The Good Mayor of Asington has shrewdly suggested to their management, they put on extra security for our cars. 👍
Quote 0 0
Lord Rowley
Rich,
If you're local, maybe we'll follow you home and blag a room in your place when you're not looking. 😉
Quote 0 0
John B
Lord Rowley wrote:

Am I the first one signed up for this ? 🤓
Did mine at 5 pm yesterday on the train to London😊 Looking forward to this event as the last one was spectacular, oh, and I have a new car now😎
Quote 0 0
filandeb
Is this part of the Concours or a separate event?
Quote 0 0
Rich5ltr
Yes and no. Part of the event but not the concours. The Long Walk is as it says the long drive up to the castle which is open to the public. There should be several different clubs displaying cars along there. The main event is inside the castle hence the need for tickets with the exclusive cars displayed in the central courtyard.

Quote 0 0
MPD
The AMOC are not part of the Concours inside the walls of the castle, but a display of Aston Martins along the Long Walk in chronological order, which will not be 'judged'.

We are selling out fast and suggest that if anyone else wishes to be involved with this, they get their name on the list pronto, as we have to close the book at 90 cars and I guess that will be in a matter of days/week.

Quote below showing the first post for this:

Mark Donoghue wrote:

I am planning a Convoy/Parade of Aston Martins around the town of Windsor and along the Long Walk on the morning of the event into the grounds of Windsor for the cars that are displayed.

This will be the longest parade of Aston Martins on the public highway ever. The legalities of doing this however are not easy and certain Traffic Regulation Orders must be followed (TRO's) if more than a handful of cars are in convoy and particularly if we are to close junctions, which will be essential if we don't want the convoy to be broken. I'm on the case...

What are your views on the chronology of the cars? Oldest to newest or newest to oldest?

We will need this documented on film/video. Any suggestions/volunteers?
Quote 0 0
Prattking
Tickets booked. Now who do we contact to book the weather ? ;D
Quote 0 0
Rich5ltr
Prattking wrote:
Now who do we contact to book the weather ? ;D
Lord March seems to be the usual answer. ;-)

Quote 0 0
asington
I have written and received a reply from the Oakley Court Hotel and if there are sufficient reservations, he will arrange security parking and hopefully even a discount - BUT WE NEED THE NUMBERS! There could also be a hearty booze-up and dinner one evening if anyone fancies it?
Quote 0 0
Flashcat
How and where do we get tickets?

Flashcat
Quote 0 0
Rich5ltr
asington wrote:
Oakley Court Hotel and if there are sufficient reservations, he will arrange security parking
for what it's worth Oakley Court's car park is away from the road and quite discrete while the hotel is not in a town so unlikely to attract passers by.

Quote 0 0
Lord Rowley
Agreed Rich.
We've stayed there twice and it's quite secluded with a long drive from the main road.
Quote 0 0
asington
Good news - thank you! Now who's staying there other than His Lordship and The Mayor? The hotel obviously can't tell me.
Quote 0 0
vlad
I wouldn't consider car security a risk at O.C.H., under normal circumstances.
Of course, if word gets around .......

If you're part of the display, I suggest you seek refreshment in The Two Brewers at the castle gates. There is an AMOC poster on the wall from a previous display. It has suffered from candle-burn, so perhaps you could organize a replacement?

I am not connected to the business, other than as a customer.
Quote 0 0