Ockyclarke Show full post »
Rich5ltr
Sorry chaps but driving the MkIII in the pouring rain with it's 6" wipers and asthmatic demisters is no fun. I'm going to pass on this occasion.
Still burning hydrocarbons just for fun! 

Quote 0 0
Ockyclarke
Not one at South Mimms so I'm heading for the Ace
Paul
Quote 0 0
steeviegeebies
Sorry I can't get there today. Shame because it's a great meet. Have a good time everyone! I'll look forward to the photos.
Quote 0 0
12 POT
Good to meet some other owners at the ACE meeting today ( Brian, Amal, Muswell + friend, Joe + family), as well as Rodger and Ockyclarke.  The weather was exactly as forecast, all the same, there were still some great cars in attendance, a V12 Vanquish, a stunning X-Pack, 5 DB7's (an i6 and 4 V12's), along with 3 wonderful Wedge Lagonda's (brought along by Rodger and including his very interesting latest purchase).  Hopefully, the weather will be better next year!
Quote 0 0
MPD
Great day. Great people. Great bacon rolls.
Quote 0 0
DB PHiL
A couple from Ocky...

...sorry I couldn't make it :-[
Quote 0 0
DB PHiL
2 more...

Quote 0 0
N18WNG
Sorry its been a hectic day washed, wiped, waxed, preened the car and packed it away after the horrible weather we had today. Will try and post a few pics I took....they may be a little similar to others also taken.

It was really nice to meet all those who managed to brave the rain and make it...12Pot, Brian, Mus (+ friend) as well as the very nice gent (John) who drove all the way from Hampshire to meet with DBPhil. It was a real pleasure meeting you all.
Sorry if i missed or failed to say hello to anyone.
The weather clearly was a major negative resulting in many no shows. Oh well, it can't be helped.
I particularly enjoyed the lovely exhaust sounds of Brians LHD American 7VV, 12Pots lovely GT and Muswells lovely DB7V...those V12s sure sound special...!
Quote 0 0
muswell
Thanks all, shame about the weather but great to finally meet some of the people from the Bloxham forum.
Quote 0 0
brianjone5
It was great to put some faces to folks on here: Gary, Amal, Ocky among others. Sorry the weather was such a drag for many. Let's hope for better weather next year.
Quote 0 0
Wedgie
Well done to all those who braved the elements! What date is it next year?

Roger I
Quote 0 0
DB PHiL
N18WNG wrote:

It was really nice to meet all those who managed to brave the rain and make it...12Pot, Brian, Mus (+ friend) as well as the very nice gent (John) who drove all the way from Hampshire to meet with DBPhil. It was a real pleasure meeting you all.

Real shame I missed seeing you all, glad you made it Amal, love the colour of your DB7.
I'm glad you all made John feel welcome, he's a big 'Wedge' fan.... he sent me an email.....
" I asked one of the guys if he would take my photo with my camera by the lagonda series 4 colour blue and he said jump in the drivers seat and ill take your photo so i did how nice was that of him. I spoke to a number of owners and everybody was so friendly and not stuffy if you know what i mean so it was great"....He may even join AMOC now   
Quote 0 0
sgoody1
Hi,
Really enjoyed meeting everyone at the Ace Cafe - great event, shame there weren't more Astons - people probably put off by what may have been poor weather, but it actually held off.
I wish there were a few more meetings nearer central London, like this one.
Quote 0 0
Joe Kitney
Sorry I didn't get to chat with more of you, but when I finished devouring my burger I looked up and you'd all gone!  It was a shame that the weather put so many off, but nice to see the cars that did attend.  All in all, the trip up from the Isle of Wight was worth it - island fever kept at bay for another month, until Classic Le Mans at least.
Quote 0 0
Ockyclarke
The Ace have confirmed next year ....  Saturday 23 May 2015 from 11.00am
Paul
Quote 0 0
Downr
is that a bank holiday weekend?
Quote 0 0
Wedgie
Ockyclarke wrote:

The Ace have confirmed next year ....  Saturday 23 May 2015 from 11.00am

Excellent!
Roger I
Quote 0 0
Rich5ltr
Yes, Monday 25th is a Bank Holiday
Still burning hydrocarbons just for fun! 

Quote 0 0
Downr
yep it's the bank holiday weekend - mental note to self : don't book to go away then!

(last 2 years have been very frustrating given i can almost see the Ace cafe from my house!)
Quote 0 0
Downr
oops, that last post crossed with yours rich
Quote 0 0
N18WNG
Looking forward to next year.

Perhaps, there should be an AMOC at Ace II for 2014? On account of this year being poorly attended due to mainly the very bad weather.
Quote 0 0