philmw
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/nottinghamshire/6756403.stm
Quote 0 0
Neil the Vet
The injunction prevents five or more vehicles from "congregating, driving in convoy, or racing" in the county.

Another two and you'll be in big trouble. 

You need to move to Scotland.
Quote 0 0
Tim M
Too true --there's me and Neil up here plus our Scoobies and that's it-- as long as you steer clear of Edinburgh, Glasgow, Aberdeen, most of the Central Belt (Glasgow to Edinburgh), possibly Inverness, definitely Ayr etc, we have the roads to ourselves! I've got the East and Neil's got the West. You can go so fast you can damage your Aston---if the 10 million Tractors that are also here dump some diesel---Swings and roundabouts! 
Quote 0 0
Lordsoandso
It's those goddam pen pushers in city hall again. Whilst I can understand the sentiment, simply banning corsas carrying more than 5 kg of additional fibreglass would have done the trick. Or simply read them the Riot Act.
Quote 0 0
Jimbo
Oh dear.
Quote 0 0
Lordsoandso
Makes for small funerals too.
Quote 0 0
Andrew Ross
Could be fun toinsist they enforce it in a few such cases. Or when all the staf are leaving the council office car park, they certainly have gathered for no good.
Quote 0 0
Russell
bit subtle for most dixy.
24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case, coincidence ? i think not.
Quote 0 0
Lordsoandso
Yes indeed Dixy, and if the Police turn up en masse to apprehend the culprits, they may be forced to arrest themselves in the process.
Quote 0 0
D8GBR
"modified cars"  thats an interesting phrase....so does that mean loud exhaust, furry steering wheel, dice and baseball cap..... or a stereo upgrade to 900w Linn..... or non-standard wheels.... or heaven forbid you've got a Db7 GT or GTA  ;D
Quote 0 0
Andrew Ross
Will they have a different class for those that have had their car modiffied professionaly and trailered to just outside the meet?
Quote 0 0
Russell
not understanding this. are we saying that if i keep the dice i have to be trailored there.
24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case, coincidence ? i think not.
Quote 0 0
carl ranger
Isn't this a problem for the local supermarkets. I mean more than 5 vehicles regularly congregate in their car parks and I quite often see a convoy of cars leading to their petrol pumps. Or are they in league with the council to encourage internet shopping?
Quote 0 0