atfms Show full post »
john curtis
steeviegeebies wrote:

He is without doubt the most tenacious person on this forum. I wonder if he can help me find a book. I've tried everywhere but without success. It's called "Fly Fishing", by J.R. Hartley.

Fish for that man !
Quote 0 0
Mark Chandler
At last something I can answer, you will find a copy of that book in a small shop in Tunbridge Wells, small mews just up from the panties
Quote 0 0
Russell
he is ok really guys he is just like anchovies thats all. he keeps repeating.
24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case, coincidence ? i think not.
Quote 0 0
vlad
I contacted Ace, who confirm they would "love to host the AMOC again!"

Dates available are;

Saturday May 11  11am-4pm

Saturday August 10  11am-4pm
Saturday August 24 11am-4pm or 6pm-11pm

Saturday September 21  11am-4pm or 6pm-11pm

I would envisage an 11-4 slot being suitable.

What month d'ya want?
Quote 0 0
Ockyclarke
Fishworthy effort Vlad ... I'm not fussy about which date
Paul
Quote 0 0
Russell
Vlad this would be like herding cats for you matey, just go for a date that you fancy and make it that. some will make it some wont but at least you wont get into a bun fight over it.
avoid may as spring concours is then and september moves closer to rain so i would think august dates better and again the 10th is safer for weather
i dont mind helping.
Quote 0 0
mrtbird
Yes A for effort May is good for me not that interested about concurs just love to drive mine and look at others without all that cleaning  
Any of those dates  will do will be there  
And a fish from me  
Quote 0 0
Rich5ltr
Sounds good, May or August don't mind. See you there
Still burning hydrocarbons just for fun! 

Quote 0 0
steven
I have asked before and not got a reply(maybe I should take the hint) but why can't you have the meet on a Sunday ?
Quote 0 0
geewizzpip
Concours is May 19 so no clash.  May best.
Quote 0 0
Wedgie
I prefer May.

Roger I
Quote 0 0
Prattking
May o.k. August 10th o.k.  Carfest South is on 23rd -- 25th August so maybe some of us will be there.
Quote 0 0
Wedgie
Lagondafest is 23-26 August so have it then if you don't want me to come.

Roger I
Quote 0 0
Prattking
Why would anyone want to watch Lagondas festering  ??? >
Quote 0 0
Wedgie
Prattking wrote:

Why would anyone want to watch Lagondas festering  ??? >

Good question.
Roger I
Quote 0 0
holllandn
All but September are good for me. Good on you for taking this on.
Quote 0 0
Russell
may is ok but two car events in one month is a bit much for those that have a life. i think for many they might do one and i am guessing a concours would win that.
Quote 0 0
Prattking
For some of us car events are life. Must get my red trousers cleaned. >
Quote 0 0
Russell
Prattking i was mentioning it for those that had a life, i didnt say that i would not be attending. i am lucky i dont have a life so i go to plenty of car meets and medical seminars.

Quote 0 0
Prattking
I look forward to hearing your car going under the bridge at The Ace again this year then ( and Mr.T as well).

Talking of life, i have just checked and i've spent 17 days on this forum, how sad is that.
Quote 0 0
Ockyclarke
I've been in contact with Andrew Forret and he was aiming to make it an annual event, but thought with the extra AM Centenary events this year it may be tricky. He's happy for someone else to organise one this year though.

Thanks
Paul
Quote 0 0
DB PHiL
Any Sunny Saturday will be good for me.
..nice one vlad (and helpers)
Quote 0 0
Rich5ltr
I think that the Ace meeting on a Saturday morning has a different feel to the more lavish Centenary events which also are usually on a Sunday, I don't  think there is a conflict.
Still burning hydrocarbons just for fun! 

Quote 0 0
vlad
I reckon May date is best, so I'm just going to request that.
As far as my organizational involvement goes, I had planned to stop at booking a date! No intention of telling members where to position their weapons of choice. Just park where you did last year. Does anyone have any of the parking plans from that event?
Quote 0 0
Russell
your issue will be that that would be chaos as some will not be able to come and some will want to come now after seeing how good it was.
i dont mind sorting that.
Vlad i can get my guy to do a cad drawing of the place and i can then "park cars" on it and then just put names on them.
where it will go pear is if we have more names than places....
i think the whole thing of having certain models all together was somewhat flawed in that it causes logistical headaches and also creates a "seen one seen them all thing". as a suggestion it would be better to just have a parking spot. it then doesnt matter its yours. we dont need to change it unless you arent coming. it isnt like it is the largest venue that you would miss a car is it and then you move from one car to something different each and every time.
just a thought
welcome comment
Quote 0 0