geewizzpip Show full post »
AstonZagato
Definitely can't make it.
Quote 0 0
Lordsoandso
Not bad, despite grim weather. A good 35+ cars, a mixture of pleasant period 'white goods', Jensens, TVR, MG, a couple of spanking Lotus Cortinas, a delicious Speedwell Sprite, Jags, a great 60's Camaro, Porkers, Ford GT. No Astons but I was assured it can positively heave and that it was the quietest night for some time - and it was still decent. Beers available but a mug of tea goes with the fayre. I will go back when the evenings are lighter.
Quote 0 0
geewizzpip
Sorry I didn't make it but I agree, when the nights are longer/better.  Will try again next month.
Quote 0 0
pbrett
It's actually better when it isn't too busy and everyone can fit into the car park!

I am hoping that next month the car will be back in my possession if the works people finally get the injection pump back!!
Quote 0 0
David Lewington
Didn't make it either I'm afraid :-[
I'll try harder next month...
Quote 0 0
astonatic
No Aston's!?
I was there from 7.00pm until 8:30pm but parked in staff car park by the side of the main car-park at the discetion of the Car Park Manager.
DB7 not accepted as a classic even if it is a classic marque so not allowed in main area.
How a new Ford GT was admitted into the arena I don't know!
If its grandfather rights then surely we should be in?!
For future Aston gatherings I would suggest we contact organisers for a specific evening or an agreed number of pitches to fit us in. A lot of cars would have been out on the street last night!
I can recommend the bangers & mash though.
Would I attend again?  Only if a pitch was guaranteed!
Quote 0 0
pbrett
Usually the best way to guarantee getting all of the cars together is to turn up earlyish! about 5.30-6.00.

The steak pie and chips was good last time I went! Tried to persuade the missus to go in feb when I still had the MGC but it was valentine's night and she thought it not very romantic! Can't understand why ???
Quote 0 0
astonatic
Space wasn't the issue, when i arrived there was at least 10 spaces available, the problem was, is it a classic?
I wouldnt bet on just turning up hoping for spaces.
I had a chat with the organiser and told him we may have 5 Aston's turning up and again the question of the cars ages came into being.
Quote 0 0
Lordsoandso
I think the GT was from Hill's 'P1' rentals and possibly on loan to Classic Cars, therefore had no problems parking. Sorry, I did clock the DB7 and even ogle a little  ;D, but I thought you weren't part of the event where you were parked! Oh well.. sounds like turning up early to peg a space could also result in you being locked in until closing time. I sure as hell wouldn't park my car under the rail bridges at night, down by Hoodie Alley. The Bitter wasn't exactly an old car..
Quote 0 0