TVJL
I think that it may be very important indeed that as many members as possible attend this year's AGM.

Consequently, and to complement the ERL thread on 'Idling', I thought it might be useful to initiate an 'Events' thread for members to record their intentions. In doing so, and to assist others, perhaps members could indicate (roughly) where they will be travelling from (geographically speaking) and whether they are prepared to pick up passengers (to help with anyone who may have transport problems on the day).

For myself, may I say that I will be travelling from North West London and I have a spare seat.

To be clear, I think that it may be most helpful, even if they do not yet know what their travel arrangements might be, for member(s) to indicate (below) whether it is their intention to attend.

Tim L
Quote 0 0
mcatlin
I'm intending to attend and will be coming from the Halifax/Huddersfield area of West Yorkshire and have an empty car at the moment. Martin
Quote 0 0
CJ
Do they have any papers that are given out, etc? If so, is there a way I could get copies?
Quote 0 0
waynejaffe
And the date is?

Quote 0 0
TVJL
AGM is on 29th April.

However, I have just looked at the diary on the website, and I see that it says that the AGM commences at 08:00. Someone tell me that this is incorrect - PLEASE. > > > If this time is correct, it is an outrage. To schedule an AGM so early at a venue out in the country can have only one purpose. I do hope that I have got something wrong.
Quote 0 0
Webby
The AGM starts at 11:00 am. This is someone not filling in the calendar correctly. I've amended it.
Quote 0 0
TVJL
Phew, thanks Roger. That is much much better: not great, you understand, still not as sensible a time as it might be, but not enough to raise the spectre of something more sinister.

OK, back on course. The AGM is on 29th April at 11:00, chaps.
Quote 0 0
mcatlin
Bugger that let's me out. It pays to look more carefully at dates when booking last minute holidays. I'm flying back from Portugal at that time on that day. Will look at newssheet to find out how to vote by proxy. Martin
Quote 0 0
DBS V8
Sadly, I will be deployed with my unit that day, but have nominated a proxy.

I would encourage all of you who likewise cannot attend to do the same.
Quote 0 0
TVJL
So, are any forum bods going at all, I wonder?
Quote 0 0
williamp
I will make every effort to be there, but the Aston is oin bits awaiting an alternatror. if I get that done in time then I will be travelling from Leicester with 3 spare seats
Quote 0 0
RickH
I'm definately going.

I live in Oxfordshire and hence not far from the Barn.  I would be quite happy to meet up with anyone and guide them in to the Barn (it's not the easiest place to find!)
Quote 0 0
Nigel
Can't make it, but Stephanie and i have appointed a proxy.
Quote 0 0
Mr Toad
TVJL wrote:

So, are any forum bods going at all, I wonder?

Sorry, cannot make it but have appointed a proxy,which I think is very important, considering the past comments on the Forum.
Quote 0 0
annereed
Planning to be there.  Leaving Salisbury about 9am.  David's not quite sure if he's able to come along as too much in the workshop so at least 2 seats and possible 3. 

Probably to late posting this to be any use but will check again about 9pm.

Anne
Quote 0 0
philmw
I plan to be there, flight delays permitting.  It'll be tight, and I assume one can't attend late?
Quote 0 0
annereed
We might all turn + look at you when you come in but you will be made welcome!

Anne
Quote 0 0