tim_c
Now - firstly the good news.

Although I'm working the full day on Saturday 26th September - if I make a quick get-away, I can get the 17.30 train from Grimsby Town - quick change at Donny to arrive at Almouth by 21.24 (got a cheeky 1st class for the same price as a standard !)

BUT no room at the inn - every B+B full of members

Can anyone give any advice where I can stay - almost anything considered even a tent (have own sleeping bag)
Registrar of Cars, AMHT
Quote 0 0
John Purser
Did you ask the Tourist Info Centre ?

The Hogs Head is the main hotel (where I am)  - assume you tried this ?
Quote 0 0
tim_c
John Purser wrote:

Did you ask the Tourist Info Centre ?

Yes, they confirmed it was a busy weekend - gave me 3 suggestions which I have contacted - all full - and they want 2 nights minimum.

I will even kip in a corner of the club marquee

I'm getting the 17.00 train home on Sunday
Registrar of Cars, AMHT
Quote 0 0
Mark Rolfe
We're staying not far away in Seahouses try looking for places there on Booking.com, good luck and hope you get to come along
Quote 0 0
tim_c
SolentDB7 wrote:

We're staying not far away in Seahouses try looking for places

Quite a distance away on public transport at that time of night. I think I might have blown it.
Registrar of Cars, AMHT
Quote 0 0
Mark Rolfe
Hi Tim
Sorry forgot you were coming by train, I've just checked laterooms.com and this place appears to have three rooms in Alnwick:

http://www.laterooms.com/en/hotel-reservations/288607_the-queens-head-hotel-alnwick.aspx

Good luck

Quote 0 0
tim_c
Sorted - many thanks - no tent or sleeping bag needed
Registrar of Cars, AMHT
Quote 0 0
annereed
Pleased to hear you were successful.  Look forward to seeing you there.

Anne
Quote 0 0
John Purser
tim_c wrote:

Sorted - many thanks - no tent or sleeping bag needed

Did they mention it was a basement ?
Without steps ?
No meal plan ?
That'll be the dungeon suite.....
Quote 0 0
gingger22
Tim,

Very glad you got sorted, sorry to have caused you such bother! Look forward to seeing you.

Peter
Quote 0 0
tim_c
M.A.S. wrote:

Very glad you got sorted, sorry to have caused you such bother! Look forward to seeing you.

Very much looking forward to the event of the year. No bother, sitting on a train - the greatest place in the world. I have 3 articles to finish before the end of the month and I prefer to write at 125 mph whilst someone else drives.
Registrar of Cars, AMHT
Quote 0 0
asington
Good to read you don't drive at 125mph and write at the same time! Incidentally - the weather forecast looks decidedly 'iffy' so must remember to pack galoshes!
Quote 0 0