RobSmith
We are considering having our lectures this year recorded and being made available on DVD for purchase.

• 20/10/18 Anthony Musci - "Design and Development of the AML V12:  An inside perspective behind the scenes and under the bonnet" - Brooklands.
  • 30/10/18 Stephen Archer - "The evolving attraction of the Aston Martin marque" - Principal Hotel, York
  • 22/01/19 Nick Fry - Detail to be confirmed - RAC Club, London

More information and ticket sales on the Trust website at http://www.amht.org.uk/t/Lectures
However, we wonder how many people world wide would be interested in a DVD and how much they would be prepared to pay for it? Should we do one DVD with three events or three DVDs?

The likely recording and editing cost is in the region of £2000 per event so we would need to sell lots of DVDs.

What do you think? 
Quote 0 0
Flashcat
Slotraccoon,

I think you will find that Brooklands TV will already be covering this event, normally a two camera set up and will be available to view on the Brooklands BTM website.

Flash
Quote 0 0
rcfurse
Rob,
I wouldn't be trying to sell them on DVD. I would put them up on the site with a small charge to view. You simply don't want the hassle of mailing DVD's and people are much more likely to buy if the purchase can be impulse.
Quote 1 0
RobSmith
Quote:
I think you will find that Brooklands TV will already be covering this event, normally a two camera set up and will be available to view on the Brooklands BTM website.

I don't think so. The lectures are copyright AMHT not Brooklands.
Quote 0 0
Flashcat
Brooklands normally film the talks for the website so members can watch at their leisure.

Should AMHT request that the talk is not filmed that’s would not be a problem, it’s an AMHT evening and they may well have their own arrangements in place, either way should be a really interesting evening.

Flash

P.S. in fact reading it again, it’s not a BTM talk so would not involve Brooklands TV at all, sorry for my misunderstanding. There is a BTM talk on an Aston Martin later in the year 4th October from memory.
Quote 0 0
Rich5ltr
Rob, is there a lecture at The Barn this October? 
Rgds Rich.. 
Still burning hydrocarbons just for fun! 

Quote 0 0
RobSmith
Quote:
is there a lecture at The Barn this October? 

No, it's at Brooklands on the 20th October. We cannot do events at the Barn as we have filled it with exhibits. [biggrin]
Quote 0 0
Rich5ltr
Slotraccoon wrote:
No, it's at Brooklands on the 20th October. We cannot do events at the Barn as we have filled it with exhibits. [biggrin]
Ah right, thanks. In a way that's a pity because it was a good reason to visit the Barn. Also, I see this lecture is priced at £25 - I am sure it was a tenner when at the Barn. That's quite a price increase. 
Still burning hydrocarbons just for fun! 

Quote 0 0
jdp298
This is a good idea. And it can be easier than getting a production company in. If one webcasts it, even from a single webcam, putting a paywall in the way - even for a live viewing - is quite a normal thing.

As I also imagine the chance to network, nibbles etc are part of the cost, so the price of the webcast or its recording ought not to match being there? And if I did turn up, would I get a free download to watch again at leisure?
Quote 0 0