annereed
On Saturday 23rd May 2015 we will be constructing the figure "1935" using 80 cars from throughout Aston Martin history to formulate a magnificent spectacle on the Sandhurst Parade Ground to commemorate this auspicious occasion.  The day will include a barbeque lunch over-looking the lake, with opportunities to explore the venue's beautiful grounds and guided tours around this most inimitable and prestigious venue.

On Bank Holiday Monday, 25th May, we are holding a champagne reception and luncheon at The Grafton Hotel, Tottenham Court Road.  This hotel is where Morris "Mort" Goodall instigated the inaugural meeting and formulated the principles of The Aston Martin Owners Club, exactly 80 years ago.

More details are available here: http://www.amoc.org/content/view/1997/946/
Quote 0 0
annereed
Closing date for Sandhurst is this Friday, 15th May at 17:00 - you need to let Anne Wright at HQ know.  She will send out the form we have to fill in for security and this needs to be back by 13:00 on Monday 18th.

We have the 80 cars for the 1935 display but have been given additional space to have other Astons surrounding it. It's current around the 100 mark for the additional cars but we can take a few more.

There are still a few spaces for the Grafton lunch - closing date is Friday 22nd May 17:00 hrs to HQ. 

Anne
Quote 0 0
Lord Rowley
After last weekend, we can't wait Anne !
Aston-ishingly anticipated  banana!
Quote 0 0
Prattking
Anyone know what time the display kicks off. I imagine the guardhouse is going to love it if 180 cars all arrive at once. ;D
Quote 0 0
John B
I sent a message to Dawn and she has said we need to arrive between 8.00 and 9.00 and we will be put in a holding car park, I guess security will be pretty tight so we need to be patient 😊
Quote 0 0
DB PHiL
just received an email from Dawn....
Timings: All 80 cars forming The 1935 display, please arrive at the Churchill Parking area by 08:00hrs.
All "Attending Aston Martin cars" please arrive at The Churchill Parking area by 10:30 hrs.

ALSO mentions about  Sandhurst Car Pass is on display when entering and remaining on the base. Please have your Membership card ,Photographic ID and RMA Sandhurst pass to hand at all times.

I've emailed back (not replied yet)......I haven't either of the passes!!
Can anyone tell me what they are?
thanks, Phil
Quote 0 0
Rich5ltr
So are you not going to be at the Ace Phil?
Still burning hydrocarbons just for fun! 

Quote 0 0
DB PHiL
Well I was, but Dawn grabbed me at the Concours and persuaded me to go to Sandhust.But if i dont get my passes, then who knows!!!
Quote 0 0
DB PHiL
Spoke to Dawn on the phone and she assures me that the passes are given at the gates on the day. 
Quote 0 0
Wedgie
I hope you have sunshine & a great day whichever event you attend. Regret I can't come to either.
Roger I
Quote 0 0
geewizzpip
Got up at 5am.  Got to Sandhurst at 7:40am.  Moved into position at 10:20am! Nice place but Bloody long day!  I guess the secret is to turn up two hours later than specified.

Food though immeasurably better than Woburn.
Quote 0 0
Ian Postles
Fantastic day at Sandhurst yesterday and our thanks to Dawn, Tim, Marc and all their teams for all their hard work in making things go so well on the day.  Thanks also to the people of RMAS who also made us so welcome.

It took Tim and Marc 10 hours on Friday to get the spacing right for the picture but I am sure that that dedication will have been worth it when we see the aerial shot of the cars in the 1935 formation.  Can't wait!

Clearly lots of lessons had been learnt from Woburn and well done to the organisers for taking on the criticism and making sure it did not happen again.  Costa Coffee had been warned and were ready!

As for the hanging around whilst the cars were parked I cannot see how that can be avoided.  The whole idea of the day was to get the "picture" with the cars parked perfectly.  Still, lots of people to catch up with and cars to see so the time flew by and lots of sunshine to enjoy whilst we waited. 

Thanks again to all involved - another truly memorable Aston day for the memory banks.
Quote 0 0
John Purser
Food though immeasurably better than Woburn.
You can say that again - a fully organised catering operation out the back, people organised into sittings so everyone got a huge, freshly barbequed plateful.

Top marks for the day - and a chance to see somewhere not normally open to the public.
Quote 0 0
Ian Postles
Some pictures

Quote 0 0
John B
IanV12VR wrote:

Fantastic day at Sandhurst yesterday and our thanks to Dawn, Tim, Marc and all their teams for all their hard work in making things go so well on the day.  Thanks also to the people of RMAS who also made us so welcome.
It took Tim and Marc 10 hours on Friday to get the spacing right for the picture but I am sure that that dedication will have been worth it when we see the aerial shot of the cars in the 1935 formation.  Can't wait!

Clearly lots of lessons had been learnt from Woburn and well done to the organisers for taking on the criticism and making sure it did not happen again.  Costa Coffee had been warned and were ready!

As for the hanging around whilst the cars were parked I cannot see how that can be avoided.  The whole idea of the day was to get the "picture" with the cars parked perfectly.  Still, lots of people to catch up with and cars to see so the time flew by and lots of sunshine to enjoy whilst we waited. 

Thanks again to all involved - another truly memorable Aston day for the memory banks.

+1 what a fantastic day with superb organisation. Our tour guide was both humerous and immensely proud of Sandhursts history, many thanks to those guys as well, makes you proud to be British
Quote 0 0
annereed
It was an amazing day wasn't it.

Geewizzpip, very glad you didn't turn up that much later, makes it much more difficult to do an event like this when people do, to the extent that we would probably stop doing them.

Thank you to everyone who had their Id ready to get through the gate, only one person didn't bring any. The Gurkha's were concerned that we didn't have cars queuing back to the road and we avoided that.

It was good to catch up with many of you.

Anne
Quote 0 0
MPD
Great day out. A pleasant change not to be 'organising' and be able to enjoy the event. Well done to all.

Quote 0 0
DB PHiL
Seems I missed a fantastic day 
If only I could have made it all the way.........
Quote 0 0
Ian Postles
Great picture Mark and thanks for posting.

Unlucky Phil.
Quote 0 0
si1100
A BIG thank you to Dawn, Tim, Marc and all the team who organised such a wonderful day.
Yes we did have a bit of waiting around and unfortunately we were the last on the cherry picker at 4.50pm for the big photo, by which time the majority of cars had 'escaped'!
Nevertheless very much a day to remember, catching up with friends, making new ones from across the UK, lovely lunch and the privilege of our car in front of the New College, Sandhurst, as part of the 80th celebrations. This is what membership of AMOC is all about in my book.
Si & Sue
Quote 0 0
DB PHiL
IanV12VR wrote:

Unlucky Phil.

Thanks Ian.........Not all lost as 'Big Al' (the AA man) took us to meet some other AMOC members and their cars at the Ace Cafe, where we spent a pleasant 45 minutes (his lunch break)

Then off to Chris Done (astondb7.com) for repair
Quote 0 0
Ian Postles
Phil, saw that on another thread.  What a good guy the AA man wa to do that.  Hope it is back in working order soon!
Quote 0 0
annereed
DB PHiL wrote:

Seems I missed a fantastic day 
If only I could have made it all the way.........

Phil - someone did let us know you were stranded, when they arrived at Sandhurst.  Sorry you didn't make it, but glad to hear you got to the Ace.

Anne
Quote 0 0
warrior
Fantastic day out. Thank you Dawn and the whole team for making it possible. JG
Quote 0 0
DB PHiL
annereed wrote:

Phil - someone did let us know you were stranded, when they arrived at Sandhurst.  Sorry you didn't make it, but glad to hear you got to the Ace.

Anne

Thanks Anne

Was the Classic Car Show there?
Quote 0 0