garrydb7 Show full post »
stevobland
Top effort from Garry, Marc and the whole team. A thoroughly enjoyable weekend. My son rated it as one of the best he's had!
Also enjoyed a lovely chat with John Purser in the Wellington Bridge grandstand during a moist Saturday evening.
Keep up the good work AMOC. Worth every penny  ;D
Quote 0 0
Wedgie
A few more pictures

Silverstone Classic July 2013
Roger I
Quote 0 0
LordBretSinclair
Just to echo all the other comments. Huge thanks to Garry, Marc and everyone else involved with organising a brilliant event. The parade lap was amazing, especially as we had plenty of gaps to "open the taps".
Quote 0 0
Tim M
Sadly one of the racing Astons (DB2 or 2/ suffered major damage when a Jag spun in front of it.
I saw it in the paddock later, major front end damage but no doubt repairable.
Robert Rawe did a brilliant job to survive the last Saturday race in his DB4 Zagato in horrendously wet conditions. Unfortunately his Healey broke a half shaft in another race but he had a good race in his 'shopping' DB4.
The car I was helping with blew it's head gasket after 5 laps so that made for an easy weekend!
Quote 0 0
garrydb7
Received some photos from the Silverstone Classic photographer today. Some wonderful track parade shots - see if your car is there!

This is my first attempt at photobucket, so hope it works

Aston Martin and AMOC at Silverstone Classic 20 2013
Quote 0 0
jdp298
I enjoyed it too, including being the passenger on the lap.

I got wet too going to my next appointment. And that's all that need be said on the matter.

But I did get a few photos uploaded: http://www.flickr.com/photos/jdp298/sets/72157634845574547/
Quote 0 0
Tim M
I see you too enjoyed Rob Huff taking on the heavy metal in his Mini !
Quote 0 0
garrydb7
I want to thank everyone on behalf of the SC AMOC support team for their very kind messages on here, email, phone and text messages that I have received. I will pass them on. The feedback has been fantastic.

So that is all now. I have scribbled some words for AMQ and will appear in the magazine is due course. Don't forget to look at the photos supplied from Silverstone Classic on the track parade and the display (a few posts back, under my name, for the link)

I look forward to seeing some of you at CarFest South, the next one Ill be dealing with.

Regards
Garry
Quote 0 0
Allan
Thanks Gary and the team for an excellent event, pics are great. Would you know if there are any other pics available of the track parade? just wondering if I was lucky enough to be snapped.
Quote 0 0
goldthumb
Silverstone Sunday July 28/13/

Felt very privileged to watch Simon Hadfield do battle in the DP 212 from the wonderful BRDC Eyrie.
Quote 0 0
monster
Someone suggested ITV4 had some coverage of this event ???
Quote 0 0
Rich5ltr
They did, t was on ages ago.
Still burning hydrocarbons just for fun! 

Quote 0 0
duncan_wd
I don't think It featured a single Aston on it.
Lifes not a trial run. Do it don't wish it!

Area 9 North West England
Quote 0 0
Ian Postles
duncan_wd wrote:

I don't think It featured a single Aston on it.

It didn't - very disappointing coverage.
Quote 0 0
goldthumb
I am not a great racing fan but I really enjoyed watching this one on the Sunday
Silverstone Clasdic: Royal Automobile Club Tourist Trophy for Historic Cars

All my kind of cars. We were watching our host racing his 356 Porsche really so I was not concentrating on the leaders until nearer the end when the DP212 driven by Simon Hadfield seemed to scythe through the pack and given another couple of laps I am sure would have overtaken the Ferrari 250 to win . The Aston had the fastest lap and seemed to be visually the quickest car .

Quite exciting, made me want to go and see some more!
Quote 0 0