Rich5ltr
Right time to start this topic again; http://www.amoc.org/forum/index.php?topic=8203.20  but rather than tag on the 2008 discussion I thought it better to start a 2010 thread.

So are AMOC doing anything at the Classic in 2010? In 2008 there was an Aston display in the in-infield and I'd be keen to display my Aston there if possible. For those that know about this event you will understand that I'm already in the process of booking hotels for myself so I'm not looking for the big expensive AMOC package but there seems to be a notable silence about it in AM News and on this forum.  Thoughts anyone ???
Still burning hydrocarbons just for fun! 

Quote 0 0
Tim M
I'm going in my Aston. Accomodation already sorted!
Quote 0 0
Rich5ltr
Yeah, I'm going with hotel booked but how do we get some of us Brit's in the in-field parking display around the Bugatti track?

Quote 0 0
Tim M
Ticket prices have just been announced.
£53 for entrance,  £25 for paddock,  Grandstand £22---etc etc
Quote 0 0
chris_umts
Hi Rich,

I am a relatively new member, but would be interested to attend the LeMans 2010. Can you streer me towards, or give me any info on this please?

Many thanks in advance,

Best,
Chris.
Quote 0 0
GaryU
I too am interested in taking down my DB7 Zagato.
Any details will be appreciated.
Independent AMOC member.
Quote 0 0
Rich5ltr
Hi Chris/Gary, I don't really have any more info other than I've been a couple of times and thoroughly enjoyed it. Previously I've been with some friends from the TVRCC but I know the (AMOC do have a display on the infield grassed area. What I am hoping to find out is how we get to be part of this display but no one seems to know. I believe its arranged by the French AMOC chaps but I'll do some serious digging and get back to you... Rich.

Quote 0 0
Tim M
It was the French AMOC guys who organised the infield parking in 2008. Numbers are limited so I couldn't get one officially (I met an Aston owner who gave me one for the Sunday).
The Classic is so much more enjoyable than the 24 Hours and the cars that are driving round the local roads can be amazing. A traffic jam in Arnage on the Friday consisted of GT40s (some real), Cobras, Lambos, Bugattis and Bentleys (genuine 30s cars) , too many Porkers, lots of Ferraris, TVRs and of course the elite Astons.
Great fun, amazing cars (3 Porsch 917s-- racing hard--magic) and something for everybody--from the 1930s to the 70s.
Quote 0 0
John Purser
http://www.amoc.org/component/option,com_extcalendar/Itemid,99999999/extmode,view/extid,902/

This link (to the 2010 dedicated section of the Club Website) shows what is being organised - plus there will be further details in the Newsheet.
Quote 0 0
Rich5ltr
Excellent, count me in, but there is no mention of hotels and I know these are filling up fast so if I have to book my own accommodation when will I be able to tie this all together?

Quote 0 0
SdP
I will be there with some "old drivers spirit" friends. Hopefully with my Aston
Quote 0 0
Alanq
I'll be going to the classic for the first time in 2010, it sounds like a great event. I gather that its possible to drive your car around the full circuit for a lap or two but this has to be arranged via a club. Does anyone know if there are any AMOC plans for this? or indeed any other way to arrange it?
Quote 0 0
jon7cda
Hi Alan

I've tried previously to ask the Club to co-ordinate the club parking and track laps to no avail.  Like you say, it has to be through a recognised club.  Surelyn the AMOC must be one of the best kinown car clubs in the world and should have a proper organised presence at this prestigous event.

Last year the Ferrari O.C. had a superb marquee with a nice bar area, tables and chairs etc. This provided a quiet little haven where club members could meet, eat their lunch and have a sit down.  How much does this cost?  Does anyone think this should be something provided by the Club out of Club funds.

Well John

Jonathan
Quote 0 0
Rich5ltr
Right, I guess by now we've all seen (and possibly translated) the piece in AM News about the French section's plans for Le Mans Classic next year. I have had some contact with J-P and he's organising ticket packages for €50 / person and parade laps at €120 (possibly with the Ferrari Club) he is also looking into a reception dinner and open bar in an AMOC marquee.

I've chased him up about how to actually book this but he's said that reservations will be handled in the UK by Wendy Silver, I have her e-mail so I'll get in touch and report back. 

Problem is that time is moving on and the hotels are filling up fast. I can't understand why the club seems so slow to get something organised but bear with me!   gunbarrel

Thanks Rich...

Quote 0 0
Webby
http://www.amoc.org/component/option,com_extcalendar/Itemid,99999999/extmode,view/extid,902/
Quote 0 0
Rich5ltr
Thanks Webby - so that's a meal on Friday in addition to the billetterie, tours of the piste, parking in the village and the reception in a tent which I'm trying to book.. 

Quote 0 0
GaryU
I have persuaded my wife Liz to go so on this weekend.
We will be bringing the DB7 Zagato.

So can someone please suggest a nice hotel where other members will be staying.

I was thinking about going via St Malo.  Is this the best way to go.

Any recommendations and advice will be welcome.

I need to start booking thinks ASAP.
Independent AMOC member.
Quote 0 0
John Purser
jon7cda wrote:

Hi Alan

I've tried previously to ask the Club to co-ordinate the club parking and track laps to no avail.  Like you say, it has to be through a recognised club.  Surelyn the AMOC must be one of the best kinown car clubs in the world and should have a proper organised presence at this prestigous event.

Last year the Ferrari O.C. had a superb marquee with a nice bar area, tables and chairs etc. This provided a quiet little haven where club members could meet, eat their lunch and have a sit down.   How much does this cost?   Does anyone think this should be something provided by the Club out of Club funds.

Well John

Jonathan
You mean me ?
Was it the Ferrari OC in France or the UK ? Different clubs.
Michael Urban or Wendy Silver should be able to answer all questions about 2010 'Jubillee' events.
Message can be relayed via Club Office.
Quote 0 0
atfms
I would very much hope that in 2010 AMOC will at last become involved in organsing something for this event. I am afraid that in 2008 Jonathan and I approached the Club and were turned down. It was only after a lot of hard work by Jonathan and the intervention of J-P that we managed to get on circuit parking and runs round the circuit. We in the north have been very lucky to have Jonathan and associates organise Classic Le Mans for us, we have a group of 20+, mainly Aston's, but including some local Morgan and Ferrari owners, the Hotel, which is only 5 minutes from the circuit, was booked in 2008 and is now full. As well as the dinner on Friday 9th July, we need the Club to organise tickets, circuit parking with perhaps some hospitality or at least a marque to meet other members in and the all important runs on the circuit. Time is moving on and these things need organising now!

With regard to circuit runs, these are great fun and at a cost of 120 Euro, not to expensive, you do however have to share the circuit with 250 other cars. As for the best route there, it depends where you live, but it is quite an easy journey from Calais, so I will be doing it in one hop from Leeds.

On an associated matter, once everybody has been fired up with watching the racing, why not give your cars a bit of stick and take them to the club track day at Goodwood on Friday 16th July. Spend a few extra days in France, perhaps together with other members, then catch the ferry to Portsmouth on Thursday, ready for the track day and the sprint on Saturday. I should have an article about this in the December AM News, so if you are interested, please contact me.
Quote 0 0
atfms
This is for Rich5litr, I am sorry I was not very clear with my rant and also that I have not worked out how to reply to you directly, so am having to post this message. In terms of contact, I am Andrew Forret, the Area 6 Rep. so you can find my contact details from AM News. What is fully booked is the Hotel we are staying in, not the dinner at the Hotel LeFrance. Don't give up on the event, I would hope that you will be able to book through the club soon, if not already. J-P is very helpfull but it would become an impossible tasks for him to handle all the enquiries just because he is in France, hence I think he will refer you back to the Club. I am afraid I cannot personally help you with the tickets etc. but if you do not get any joy from the Club, contact me and I will see what I can do. Your priority should be finding and booking accommodation, the crossing should not be too bad if you are going Dover/Calais, but if you are going from Portsmouth, you need to book soon. I hope this helps a bit.

Andrew
Quote 0 0
Rich5ltr
Thanks Andrew, that's helpful, hopefully I'll meet you over there in July. regards crossing I usually do Portsmouth - Caen it's a tradition and I like the route down. I'll report back on my conversations with the office.

Rich...

p.s. don't you just click on personal message to reply?

Quote 0 0
David W.
Hi Rich
We're shaping up to go over in our MKIII on the same route as you. Preps have started, towing eye kit etc and probably the girls in the RR as support! (with the Aston be able to pull it if it breaks down  ;D ). I was hoping the Club would have some accommodation packages etc on offer but from a quick look through this thread it seems as it's a bit DIY at the moment!
I haven't looked on here for a while but must try and keep up to date from now on. We have used a hotel down at Amboise in the past but that is to far from the circuit this time to be ideal this time.
DW
Quote 0 0
Rich5ltr
Hi David and others,

I'm confirmed on the Friday 9/July 07:00 Portsmouth - Caen high speed crossing. If anyone cares to meet up that would be great! We could travel towards Le Mans in convoy even if we spit up to go to different hotels/chateaux/destinatons or what have you. 

Quote 0 0
Rich5ltr
OK quick update; nothing firm to report I'm afraid.    I just spoke to Audrey at the Club and she is taking names of people interested in participating in a club event. It is not clear if this will be the same package as organised for the French members by Jean-Philippe Gourrard which he described in November's AM News but let's hope so. Wendy Silver (who spends time in Paris) is working with Peter Auto (the event organisers) to come up with a package.

I asked if this will include parking on the grassed in-field display area together with the French AM owners and the parade laps J-P mentions in AM News but Audrey didn't know.

So, nothing arranged yet but it's in hand... I suggest you give Audrey a call to register your interest, the more people talk about this more they will realise it's something we do want to happen.

Having said that, it's best to assume the club will not be arranging accommodation or ferries so if you want to be there I you should get booked.

Cheers Rich...

The AMOC Area in 2008

Quote 0 0
Mr Toad
Rich5ltr wrote:

Hi David and others,

I'm confirmed on the Friday 9/July 07:00 Portsmouth - Caen high speed crossing. If anyone cares to meet up that would be great! We could travel towards Le Mans in convoy even if we spit up to go to different hotels/chateaux/destinatons or what have you. 
I have just confirmed my interest with HQ,hope to be on the same Fast cat as you Rich5ltr
Quote 0 0