Garrydb7 Show full post »
Garrydb7
SteveP wrote:

Hi Garry, I got your email to Area 3 and I've sent an email on to all our Area members (well those I have email addresses for!) to ask if anyone can help.

Unfortunately my assistant and I are busy with work otherwise we'd come along to help - sorry.

Hopefully the email will get you some assistance

Many thanks Steve. Getting enquires in so that is good news.
Quote 0 0
Garrydb7
Final reminder as today is the deadline for booking tickets and receiving an infield pass - see my first post for booking details.

Pleased to say that the marquee will be taken, and hopefully erected on the Friday afternoon, or failing that on the Saturday morning. Beware that if you get there early on the Saturday, you may be collared to help put the damn thing up!

Garry
Quote 0 0
steveXE624
Garry Taylor wrote:

Getting enquires in so that is good news.

That's excellent!
Quote 0 0
Gav C
Garry Taylor wrote:

You and I must have put up different marquees...

Her Majesty's Forces finest!! In some bizarre locations
Quote 0 0
Garrydb7
Gav C wrote:

Her Majesty's Forces finest!! In some bizarre locations

;D ;D ;D
Quote 0 0
Garrydb7
Attached is a map as to where the AMOC will be based - number 7 on the infield, at the first corner, so a prime spot.

I will be there tomorrow with a gang of Area 3 Members setting on the marquee, and I look forward to seeing you over the weekend. All being well, tea, coffee and biscuits will be there for you to enjoy!

Quote 0 0
Garrydb7
Saturday at DHF - marquee, motors, tea, coffee, biscuits, cupcakes
Quote 0 0
Tim M
Real class. I hope there are still some cupcakes left for Sunday.
Quote 0 0
Gibberish
Garry Taylor wrote:

Saturday at DHF - marquee, motors, tea, coffee, biscuits, cupcakes

Garry, thank you and the other Area 3 volunteers for your efforts with the marquee. It looks very good! I'll bring a contribution to confectionery re-supplies tomorrow... a fish!
Quote 0 0
Garrydb7
Tim M wrote:

Real class. I hope there are still some cupcakes left for Sunday.

I will save you one!
Quote 0 0
99hjhm
The tea and coffee was much appreciated, as was cover from the rain! Great work Garry.
Quote 0 0
Garrydb7
Sunday at DHF.

Great display of cars and great people. We wanted to create a focal point and a destination for Members to meet, relax, picnic, drink tea and eat nibbles - think that was achieved.

The 1933 Le Mans was on its first outing since its restoration - thank you

Quote 0 0
ED50
Well done to Jane and Gary for there stirling efforts today in providing vital supplies and shelter from the biting wind.

Most enjoyable and great to meet so many friendly faces.

Thanks again to both of you…….
Quote 0 0
Gav C
Just like to follow up on Ed' s reply. Well done on the hospitality and the shelter provided. Great day and the cakes were very nice!! Lovely turn out of cars.
Quote 0 0
Tim M
Great day , see you tomorrow. 
Quote 0 0
Garrydb7
Sad to report the AMOC marquee has blown down.  >

Will be serving coffee etc from the van
Quote 0 0
Gibberish
It periodically spat with rain throughout the day and gradually blew colder (Sunday). The marquee and hot drinks proved to be essential.

Despite the cold there was some great racing. Well Done to Garry and Jane, they did a proficient  job of hosting this event for the club.
Quote 0 0
Garrydb7
DB9 Chris wrote:

Well Done to Garry and Jane, they did a proficient  job of hosting this event for the club.

Our pleasure - hopefully will do the same again next year
Quote 0 0
jon7cda
Well done Gary and team.  Shame about the weather but cracking event
Thanks

Jonathan M
Quote 0 0