Ockyclarke Show full post »
mrtbird
MarkE wrote:

Apparently, that Vulcan is the only one that has been converted to be road legal (even though it's back in race configuration on that day).   I was told that it cost the owner £300,000 to have it converted to roadworthy condition, and that it costs somewhere in the region of £10,000 labour charges each time it's converted back and forth ...

Shame they didn't fire it up that day.

I have a V12 520 HP sitting in my garage just begging me to take it apart and make it more powerful LOL !!!

Quote 0 0
DB PHiL
MarkE wrote:

Apparently, that Vulcan is the only one that has been converted to be road legal (even though it's back in race configuration on that day).   I was told that it cost the owner £300,000 to have it converted to roadworthy condition, and that it costs somewhere in the region of £10,000 labour charges each time it's converted back and forth ...

Shame they didn't fire it up that day.

This one..

Quote 1 0
MarkE
That's the fella.
Quote 0 0
Flashcat
That road legal Vulcan is awesome, thanks MarkE a really interesting video clip.

Flash
Quote 0 0
TallTim
The Vulcan and V8 Cygnet are owned by the same chap
Quote 0 0
markm3
mrtbird wrote:

I have a V12 520 HP sitting in my garage just begging me to take it apart and make it more powerful LOL !!!

What would you do to up the power??
Quote 0 0
rcfurse
David went to the V12 lecture given by one of its (Ford) designers. The first engines were giving up to 700bhp on the dyno. How long they would have latest at that sort of power output is a different matter but the components were up to the task.
Like most manufacturers AML will have dialled the engine back for reliability and wear reasons plus to have an upgrade path. If you want more out of the engine then I suspect the mods are relatively simple. Free up the intakes and exhaust gas flows and play with the map.
Quote 0 0
GarethT
Nice to see that the Vulcan is an AMOC member... 😉

Area 16 - Sussex
Quote 0 0
mrtbird
markm3 wrote:

What would you do to up the power??

I have two choices up it to 7.0L or drop compression and add Turbos !!

But there's no rush   

Abe
Quote 0 0
Fallonator
Third choice. Up it to 6.3, drop compression and add turbos.[smile]
Quote 0 0
rcfurse
I will be interested to see where anyone is going to fit any turbos. Are we looking at this kind of install?
a34423d09e774289024e90a4879663b5.jpg 
Quote 0 0
Flashcat
Richard,

That’s not like you to have a car like this in your collection....

I reckon this will pass just about anything in a straight line except petrol stations, what a monster but beautifully done!

Flash
Quote 0 0
MarkE
Just realised, I hadn't posted the pics from Nicholas Mees, so here you go...

IMG_0380.jpg  IMG_0384.jpg  IMG_0387.jpg  IMG_0382.jpg  IMG_0383.jpg 
Quote 1 0