garrydb7
The AMOC, through the Social Committee, has been invited to display Members Aston Martins at the Autosport 6 hour race at Silverstone on 11 September. Unlike the Silverstone Classic where many car clubs are invited, only clubs where the manufacturer is participating in the race are invited. Needless to say, Aston Martin Racing will be there competing on track with Audi, Peugeot and many more.

If you missed Le Mans in June, then this is the catch up to see the Le Mans cars in action. Practice and qualifying is on the Saturday while on the Sunday morning before the race there is a pit walkabout along the new Silverstone Wing complex and paddock area where the teams will be.

At the circuit, you will have

• FREE grandstands

• FREE open paddock

• FREE car parking

• Dedicated Aston Martin parking (subject to minimum number of cars - see below)

• Silverstone Radio 87.7 FM

Members will have access to dedicated Aston Martin parking, assuming that there are at least 10 Members going (i.e 10 Member cars) booked. If less than that, then there will be no allocated parking. Garry Taylor of Silverstone Classic fame will be managing this event and the car display with, subject to numbers booked, a welcome area for Members. At this stage, we have no idea where the dedicated parking will be, but it should be infield. Its area and space allocated depends on the number of bookings.

There is a £5 discount on tickets for Members. Advance race day tickets are £18 instead of £23 on the gate. Book your tickets using the Club unique code (as mentioned in August AM News) either by ringing 0844 3728 260. It will NOT now be possible to apply the promotional code to online bookings

More details here on the forum as when we receive it.  It would be helpful if you would drop a PM to Garrydb7 if you intend to go. This will help monitor the numbers going and get a feel to the level of interest. Unlike Silverstone Classic, we have no prior knowledge, this being our first attempt!
Quote 0 0
mcatlin
I take it the members parking is for members with Aston Martin cars and not just any old piece of junk!

Even without the discount, for which I'm grateful, the prices for this meeting are much more reasonable than those set for the Classic meeting.

Will there be any access to a clubhouse with hospitality etc?

Well done and many thanks for organising this.
Quote 0 0
Tim M
That looks really good.
Martin leave your junk outside and hitch a lift in an Aston---I'm sure somebody will have room.
The Burger bar in the F1 Paddock does very good bacon butties and for lunch the burgers aren't too bad---everybody will be very hospitable unless they find out you haven't got an Aston any more. (Just get your butt down there and enjoy it!!) 
Quote 0 0
garrydb7
It is for Members with Aston Martins please - had plenty of fun with Members trying to get other cars into the Silverstone Classic Aston Martin display area!

Nothing gets past me - you will be towed away!
Quote 0 0
garrydb7
I do not believe there will be any access to the Clubhouse.

Bring the tupperware box and cheese sandwich instead
Quote 0 0
mcatlin
Thank you all for the informative information.

Garry, it is very unlikely the only time the Lola Astons will be competing with the Audis and Peugeots will be on the grid before the race starts!

Looking forward to it already.
Quote 0 0
mcatlin
garrydb7 wrote:

It is for Members with Aston Martins please - had plenty of fun with Members trying to get other cars into the Silverstone Classic Aston Martin display area!

Nothing gets past me - you will be towed away!

Glad you made that clear as it isn't in your original post.
Quote 0 0
garrydb7
V12 MCC wrote:

Glad you made that clear as it isn't in your original post.

Original post amended - thanks for pointing it out
Quote 0 0
stevobland
I feel an other day at Silverstone coming! Is it price per car Garry?

Steve
Quote 0 0
garrydb7
Stevie Eight wrote:

Is it price per car Garry?

Steve

No - individual tickets only. e.g two passengers in shiny Aston need two admission tickets.

I have not been informed of any car display passes yet, so will post on forum as soon as I find out
Quote 0 0
Ian B
Count me in too - with an Aston
Quote 0 0
mcatlin
After night in pub with my best friend persuaded him to come too. Alas not an Aston between us. We do both have Gulf tee shirts though.
Quote 0 0
garrydb7
IMPORTANT UPDATE #1

I received today from the event organiser an important change to the ticket ordering procedure.  I have copied it below, and altered the original post too.

I am afraid that, due to circumstances beyond our control, there is an amendment to the booking process for club discount tickets to the Autosport 6 Hours of Silverstone.

There is a new number – 0844 3728 260 – which gets you directly through to an operator who will be able to log the promotional code and apply the £5 discount on bookings. In addition it will NOT now be possible to apply the promotional code to online bookings.

The promotional code remains unaltered.

The promotional code, ie. AMOC code is in August AM News
Quote 0 0
garrydb7
UPDATE #2

Car display passes will be issued if the AMOC has 10+ bookings. No passes will be issued if under.
Quote 0 0
Ian B
Do we know if we have 10+ cars and hence car passes yet?
Quote 0 0
garrydb7
Ian B wrote:

Do we know if we have 10+ cars and hence car passes yet?

I chased up Silverstone on Wednesday to let me know, and they said they would let me know Thursday morning. Sadly, heard nothing...  Will chase again on Friday and report back
Quote 0 0
garrydb7
We're on!  Silverstone have just confirmed that we have 19 cars booked so far, so that meets the minimum number.

They are indicating that they may put us in the same place as the Silverstone Classic this year, which was to the right of the BRDC suite and opposite the old pits paddock. I hope to get confirmation soon.

Keep looking here for more info as I get it.
Quote 0 0
Ian B
Thats good news Garry

My tickets came through today but they only seem to be standard entry tickets - nothing to get the car  in to a club parking area or anything  -  do you know if they will send those seperately?

Quote 0 0
garrydb7
I have just been told that passes will be sent out Monday. Seems a strange way of doing things...
Quote 0 0
garrydb7
Update #1

I understand that Admission tickets are being sent out by Silverstone, but there are no car passes. I have spoken to my man at Silverstone, and the car passes are to be sent separately and issued this week.

Also, we are the only Car Club to have met the minimum criteria of at least 10 cars, so the AMOC will be the only Club with an official presence!

More news as I get it.
Quote 0 0
garrydb7
Update #2 CAR PASSES

Silverstone have changed their mind so many times as to how they were to issue car display passes, it has been hard to keep up. I have now received a firm decision from Silverstone.

The Admission Tickets will be sent direct from Silverstone, so if you do not have them already they should be with you very soon.

Car Passes are available at the circuit itself. Upon arrival at the Gate, tell the Gate Staff that you are with the AMOC and that you are collecting tickets from Collection Point 49 (CP. They will then tell you where to go (and knowing some Gate Staff, they almost certainly will...)
Quote 0 0
garrydb7
UPDATE #3

It is easy to go into a rant about Silverstone at the moment, but I will leave that for another day...

Members going should, I hope, have their admission tickets by now. Car passes, for the AMOC display area are available for collection from the Ticket Collection office by the the Main Entrance. The High Vis Jacket Staff will point you there.

Once you have your Pass, enter the circuit, and you will see a load of BMW flags on the left hand side in a grass area. We are in there next to a Supercar Display. So keep turning left and look out for a middle aged man waving frantically at you - it will be me!

Saturday will be quiet, but Sunday expect about 20+ cars.

I was there today, Friday, for a reccee, and it was great seeing the Le Mans cars in practice. You can walk or catch a free bus to the Silverstone Wing and see the Aston Martin teams, and others in the pit complex. Very impressive.

If you need any help, drop me a PM and I will give you my mobile number.

Garry
Quote 0 0