Hendrik D
Any forum members that will be attending the AMOC awards this coming Saturday?

Looking forward to putting some faces to forum names. If anyone wants to meet up beforehand, I will be in the Birmingham/Walton area on Friday evening.
Check out my DB7 GT on Youtube or follow the DB7 GT/GTA Register
[14702681981545489908]  [1734550218]  [instagram-icon-32-564129525]
Quote 0 0
Fallonator
I’ve been invited along by Ockyclark, so that’s a yes. 👍
LE 7.0 Lynx Turbo
Quote 1 0
Rich5ltr
I've not been awarded anything! ðŸ˜‚
Still burning hydrocarbons just for fun! 

Quote 0 0
Vanquish Rider
Another example of the Club not using the Forum to promote something. Or did I miss something?
SteveE

Life Begins Outside Your Comfort Zone
Quote 0 0
rcfurse
Ah yes. Modern technology. Bah!
Quote 0 0
Hendrik D
Fallonator wrote:
I’ve been invited along by Ockyclark, so that’s a yes. 👍

Looking forward to seeing you there!

Another example of the Club not using the Forum to promote something. Or did I miss something?
rcfurse wrote:
Ah yes. Modern technology. Bah!

Vanquish Rider and rcfurse, why such negativity? I'm not sure if the awards lunch is an 'open' event or by invitation only, which may explain why it is not being heavily promoted. Having said that, it's on the AMOC calendar, so you were all at least informed...
Check out my DB7 GT on Youtube or follow the DB7 GT/GTA Register
[14702681981545489908]  [1734550218]  [instagram-icon-32-564129525]
Quote 0 0
rcfurse
Hendrik,
I guess I am expressing my frustration about how the Club communicates. Yes, the date is in the diary. Yes, it appears on the AMOC Forum as "Prize Giving" but that's it.
Nothing about:
  • who the prizes are for.
  • who is invited.
  • what the format is.
  • why you should attend

Maybe its because I spent some of my life in a sales role but it seems to me that the Club should be trying to give people reasons to come and share/encourage etc.

I know lots of members like to get their information in writing and if you asked AMOC members how they get their info they would tell you "in writing". But that's because it is the only way the club really communicates. ONCE a month.

You organised a fabulously successful event for the DB7. I know that I may have first heard about it in the News but I definitely got the vibe by electronic means.
People talking about it, genuinely enthused. The event then delivered way more than was "advertised" too.
Quote 0 0
John Purser
The winners and what the prizes are for were in AMNews. It's invitation only, to winners and families. In previous years, there have been are a few 'paid for' tickets available. I tried to see if there could be screen footage of one of the winners 'doing their stuff' but it didn't get taken up. I've not been invited. 😪 I gather it's a small room (in a hotel) again. Sorry not to see you, Hendrik, but have a good time.
Quote 0 0