augkuo
Dear AMOC Members:  From the responses I have received, we will be maintaining the date of July 7th for "The Birds" run up to Bodega Bay (this obviously doesn't bar anyone who would still like to go on June 30th-July 1st to meet Ms. Hedren, and I may test the route on July 1 if pending ankle surgery allows; you are welcome to join me).  The itinerary is as follows:

9:00 a.m.:  Arrive at Tom Price's "Barn", located at 135 East Sir Francis Drake Blvd,. Larkspur, CA  94939.  Once we are able to tear ourselves away from Tom's automobile collection, we will proceed to Highway 1 (we will have a brief stop before we go around or over Mt. Tam to make sure all the Astons are gathered together).  We will then travel up Highway 1 to the Inn at the Tides Restaurant in Bodega Bay for lunch.

Afternoon Drive Option:  Once lunch is over, members have the option of returning on their own, or continuing the drive on Highway 1 to Highway 116, and working our way back to Alexander Valley, for dinner at the Rutherford Grill.

Please let me know if you will be attending the drive, and if you will be doing the afternoon run as well as the morning, so I can make the appropriate restaurant arrangements.  If you fail to R.S.V.P., you are obviously still welcome on the drive, there will just be no guarantees as to the lunch or dinner arrangements.

Kind regards,

George Wood
Northern California Co-Representative
Aston Martin Owners Club
Quote 0 0
augkuo
Here are pics from "The Birds" run taken earlier today -

http://picasaweb.google.com/augkuo/AMOCBirdsRun070707?authkey=d03ZTGUa-hs

It started out as a dreary typical foggy San Francisco morning with so much moisture that condensation was falling from the trees.  I of course got lost with my Aston Martin navigation (should have listened to my gmap instructions!) and circled round and round in search of Tom Price's automobile museum.  Fortunately I just called the dealership and asked for directions and was there in a few minutes   We hung around the car collection for over an hour looking at the assortment of Ferraris, Jags, Alfas, and of course Astons!  There were two new roadsters to look at as well and a Vanquish which had the manual transmission installed.  George Wood lead the pack at a blistering pace, his DB5 tires squealing on the curves of highway 1, and we were fortunate that lots of cyclists were able to slow him down ;D.  The mid-morning sun had burned through the fog and we got nice sunshine to Bodega Bay.  Lunch was at the Tide's Wharf Restaurant where it  had some scenes in Hitchcock's "The Birds".  I had to get back home so I didn't continue the afternoon part of the tour so my pictures end at the lunch stop.

Augie
Quote 0 0
HiHoDB6
Nice collection, great photos (maybe two or three too many of Ferraris - do you have a hankering)
Quote 0 0
augkuo
HiHoDB6 wrote:

Nice collection, great photos (maybe two or three too many of Ferraris - do you have a hankering)

haha - I just took photos of all the cars there and there were a couple of Ferraris, all red.
Quote 0 0
augkuo
By the way, here's a link for more information on the db2 prototype (in racing green with number -

http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/frame.php?file=car.php&carnum=2976
Quote 0 0
HiHoDB6
It appears that the plug leads are routed through the cam cover - is this what is happening?  Does it occur on all DB2's?.
Quote 0 0
augkuo
Looks like it - here's a better pic of a DB2 engine -

Quote 0 0
jkahler
Looks like you guys had a nice time.  I was disappointed I could not join you but did manage to meet Tippy the previous weekend.  she was quite delightful as was her recollection of the DB2/4 from the film.  She and her husband to be said the car resides somewhere in Northern California and is in somewhat of a state of disrepair.  Anyone know anything else about it?

Jeff
Quote 0 0
augkuo
Sorry we missed you Jeff - you could have regaled us with more of your crow tales ;D

Augie
Quote 0 0
jkahler
Augie,
The list of crow tales grows by the week....
See you in Monterey!

Jeff
Quote 0 0
beershark
Isn't Bodega Bay one of California's well known Great White Shark haunts ?  It certainly was back in 2000 when the National geographic magazine feautured it as such.
Quote 0 0
augkuo
Yes it's the tip of the "Red Triangle" where lots of great white sharks live because of the abundance of sea life -

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Triangle_(Pacific_Ocean)
Quote 0 0