Hendrik D
AMOC Canada East Members & Enthusiasts,

One of our most creative members in the AMOC Canada East has taken a bite of his usually extremely busy schedule, and is planning a road Tour on Saturday August 27[sup]th[/sup].

Rob Hattin is planning a route (to be announced), that will start at Mapleview Mall in Burlington and take us through Haldimand Country and Niagara Region, including a lunch stop.

Please let us know if you are interested in participating (contact Paul Del Grande by email or PM me on the forum)
Check out my DB7 GT on Youtube or follow the DB7 GT/GTA Register
[14702681981545489908]  [1734550218]  [instagram-icon-32-564129525]
Quote 0 0
skeena river rover
To bad it's on the East Coast. If you ever plan one for the West coast sign me up.

Greeting from BC.
Quote 0 0
Hendrik D
skeena river rover wrote:

To bad it's on the East Coast. If you ever plan one for the West coast sign me up.

Greeting from BC.

Have you tried contacting your AMOC area rep John Fairclough? I'm sure also in the West they organize many activities.
Quote 0 0
Hendrik D

A big thank you and thumbs up to Paul and Rob for organizing the Tour! We had a great drive from Ancaster to Port Dover (Ontario) in splendid weather and had a wonderful time meeting new people in the car park and over lunch. Here are some pictures from this event. Looking forward to the coming events!

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/wobqwx2ejp4afzs/AABmPvz2TmgiquAYc2lFitt6a?dl=0
Quote 0 0
skeena river rover
Great pics! No i have not contacted him. Il try to find his info on this site and email him.

Quote 0 0
Hendrik D
Our tour organizer Rob Hattin has made a very nice write-up of our wonderful tour, to accompany the pictures.

Sometimes its both the Journey and the Destination

With the prodigious August heat of Canada’s summer upon us, and a few diminishing weekends left to enjoy the driving season, AMOC Rep Paul del Grande hastily called out to AMOC members and friends in the Toronto area for a drive ... the weather was to be perfect.  15 Astons, ranging from a pair of old DB7s to the newest Vanquish, DB9s, DBS, and a bevy of Vantages, were joined by friends of AMOC in a Bentley, Crossfire and MB rag-tops.  Only 1 ‘manual’ Vanquish was MIA enroute with a wonky clutch.

The 50 mile drive started in Ancaster, ON and wound its way through undulating rural sideroads and on to the shimmering shoreline of Lake Erie, passing many old cottages built right beside the roads ... shades of Isle of Mann.  The B-roads in this area are a mix of long straights, twisting turns and many elevation changes as the land follows the gentle decline of the Grand River, emptying into Lk Erie, near Port Dover.  It was a balmy 36 deg C, but thoughts of snow coming in a few months reminded us to soak in the sun and not complain about sticky leather.  The trip through farmland, cottage settlements and along the lakeshore was entertaining and its always good to let the Astons stretch their legs. Del Grande’s Vanquish S lead the way and Paul’s reputation of being a dawdler was laid to rest, as his V12 banged off the rev limiter a few times, startling grazing cows resting under the cool shade of a maple tree.

On trips that have more turns than a Scottish rallye, the string of cars got stretched and a few navigators who lost their lead car ended up using a GPS to find our destination, David’s Restaurant of Pt Dover.  AMOC has visited David’s a few times before and each time the AMOC crowd grows bigger ... 30 pilots and navis attended, ranging from 21 to 82 years of age, a testament to the broad appeal in the marque and our chapter’s easy going reputation of making smiles.  A third were first time AMOC members and our tradition of the wives introducing their partner and the car they brought was entertaining.  Oddly, It seems some wives are less than familiar in knowing that DB stood for David Brown or that a DBS is not a Vanquish.  After the introductory ice was broken, lunch was served over looking the terrance and the grand shores of Lk Erie.  Spectacular.

For 2 hours, the din of the crowd grew louder and other patrons wondered who the celebration was for, so by 3 pm the crowd, well fed, set off to visit the kitchy village of Pt Dover to see the 5 km beach.  Its more Venice beach, than Pebble Beach as the town is still an active  fishing port (Lk Erie perch is famous) and still retains the untouched charm of a small fishing and tourist village with trinket hawkers everywhere ... as a ritual, bikers from Canada and the USA congregate there every Friday the 13th  during the year, including the snowy winter months ... imagine 30,000 Harleys in a town of 2,000 ... in the snow.

After a short stroll on the sand, and the 95 deg F heat making short work of ice cream either by lick or by melt, the 8s & 12s were fired up for the return leg at a more leisurely pace.  As we know, an event is as much about the comraderie as the cars, so when you have both, how can the day not be perfect? 
Quote 0 0
va3pkr
Thanks to Hendrik for being my partner in this wonderful drive.  Many thanks to Rob and Paul and the other attendees for making me feel welcome.  Looking forward to the next meet up.
Quote 0 0