Jersey55
Hi - is there a possibility of AMOC representation at the FoS or Members' Meeting @ Goodwood??
Quote 0 0
Rich5ltr
I don't recollect there being any club or trade stands at the Members Meeting (and I've been to them all) I think all the activity is inside the circuit, so to speak, and is low key in comparison to the Revival. 
Still burning hydrocarbons just for fun! 

Quote 0 0
Jersey55
It would be nice if there could be some representation!
Quote 0 0
Purest Green
For what purpose and how would it be funded? Goodwood isn't renowned for giving away free space.

Jamie A.
Member of AMOC Social and Concours Sub-Committees
Principal Judge, Concours, NP 12 Cylinder
AMOC Area 00
Quote 0 0
Jersey55
For AMOC members to meet and network etc. How is a club presence usually funded ? Perhaps central funds/local dealer sponsorship??
Quote 0 0
Rich5ltr
Not criticising your idea however I would point out that Aston Martin Works always have a presence at The Revival behind the Woodcote Grandstand. That would be a very convenient place to meet people. 

Quote 0 0
Jersey55
I was not aware of this. However, I’m not attending the Revival this year!
Quote 0 0
John Purser
Purest Green wrote:
For what purpose and how would it be funded? Goodwood isn't renowned for giving away free space.

Several years ago, the Club was offered some sort of display parking at the Revival, but it was out-of-sight expensive and involved leaving the car from early morning to late at night. At other events like this eg Le Mans, there is a well-publicised meeting place and time which seems to work well and needs no rent or management. I'm sure you'll understand a sponsor wants to know what he will get in return : a local dealer will probably want to meet lots of local Members, for example.
You actually asked about the FoS but from the earliest days, the cost of being there as a Club was very expensive and as it's very broad in its appeal nowadays, not all than popular with Members. I've never been back because the one I did go to early on was just so crowded. Have been told it's similar.
So I don't know if car clubs have stands ?
Quote 0 0
Thibaut
I can't recall any car club stand at FoS, Revival or Members' Meeting.
Works service indeed have a stand and aston workshop was also present at 2018 revival
Quote 0 0
Jersey55
I believe Porsche have a stand at the FoS. However, if the costs are significant ..... I guess my question is answered!
Quote 0 0
John Purser
Porsche Club GB have some help from Porsche GB, the importer.
At the Revival, AML are present in the Motor Show and with a hospitality unit.
Various resellers and restorers have had stands 'over the road' over the years.
Quote 1 0
M500 TOO
I attended FoS last year and yes it is busy and well represented by most manufacturers AM had a stand which had most models on and rep I met on stand was both knowledgeable and helpful, the problem is how many events can the club attend I assume we have the ‘must’ attends Le Mans classic etc but how many events do the club attend
Quote 0 0
John Purser
If you mean "attend with equipment, Club staff, including the Club Shop" :
2 Concours
Silverstone Classic
5 Race meetings and 1 Sprint meeting
London Classic Car show

Last year, Le Mans Classic was included
This year, the 1919 London-Edinburgh run (in at least 3 locations) would be

and there are
a DB7 reunion, in planning.
and the Vanquish reunion.

Although the NEC Classic Car show is organised by the Area, the Club staff do get involved.

Quite a few weekends....
Quote 0 0
M500 TOO
I only asked what was attended my my

Just gives people an idea of costs and time and effort etc already committed too many defensive people on here at the moment

MarkT
Quote 0 0
Rich5ltr
M500 TOO wrote:
I only asked what was attended ... 
And I thought John's answer was exactly what you wanted to know? No issue...

Quote 0 0
M500 TOO
Absolutely nothing
Quote 1 0
John Purser
Without being defensive, I hope (except of the Club's record of providing a wide range of events for Members to attend), who are the defensive people, please ?
Don't need an answer ; it would be nice to be at everything, but you can see, we do a fair bit. I haven't mentioned the events put on by the Club overseas.........!
Quote 0 0
M500 TOO
Oh my I have obviously picked this all up wrong or I hit a nerve let’s hope the former

And moving on
Quote 0 0
Fallonator
Knowing John a little, it was the former. Thanks for the info John
Quote 0 0
Purest Green

Jersey 55 started this thread with “is there a possibility of AMOC representation at the FoS or Members' Meeting @ Goodwood??” In a separate thread, he suggests, “Perhaps we could have “official AMOC Club" representation...[at Beaulieu Supercar Weekend]?”

I think the point John is (rightfully) making is that AMOC organises, and is formally represented at, many events in the UK and further afield. Often, the AMOC organisers and representatives are doing this on their own time at weekends. For this reason, and also due to the fact that many events charge a substantial amount for a gazebo pitch, it is probably unreasonable to think AMOC can be formally represented at everything.

What would be great is if more members could volunteer to help out at certain events. Then, perhaps, more events could be attended.

Jamie A.
Member of AMOC Social and Concours Sub-Committees
Principal Judge, Concours, NP 12 Cylinder
AMOC Area 00
Quote 0 0
John Purser
Post #13 mentioned that these were events involving Club staff - there are, as you say Purest Green, loads more events where the Club has a presence, manned solely by volunteers. That's also what happens outside Britain : except for Classic Le Mans (and an attempt to replicate it at Spa) it's all organised locally. As indeed all events in the UK used to be until comparatively recently..
Quote 0 0