Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
tim_c

AMHT Registrar
Reply with quote  #1 
Just packing my case for a little trip to Lime Rock this comming weekend. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the hotel where I'm staying will have WiFi as I'll have some very interesting pictures to publish. A few friends already know what is out there waiting for me but it'll surprise quite a few people - me included  ;D

V12 Vanquish

AMOC member
Reply with quote  #2 
Very exciting Tim! Do please keep us posted. Is there a tiny chance for a hint?
tim_c

AMHT Registrar
Reply with quote  #3 
Many eagle eyed members spotted the third chassis number - Some, like CJ, know how to use their Register guessed correctly.

All I'll say for the moment is that the car is the same colour as my Vantage, Conniston Sand.

But if you do know (or can work it out) don't spoil the surprise - you'll get pictures on Wednesday.

I've struggled to pack my case since I'm carrying 2 NP bricks which are both bulky and weighty. Wendy says I have to choose between the Gliptone leather cleaner and sun cream. Whatever, I'm going to be hideously underdressed
CJ

Reply with quote  #4 
My dad and I will definitely be up to Lime Rock on Friday for the track day and possibly back up the next day for the concours event. See you there!

By the way, you missed a very sad American Le Mans Series race at Lime Rock this past Saturday. Both Astons were complete messes. Results here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2008_Northeast_Grand_Prix#Race_results

By the way, can't wait to finally see the "surprise" in person. ;D
Hendrik D

AMOC member
Reply with quote  #5 
Enjoy the surprise Tim!  Looking forward for pictures already!
Have you come up with a name already?

Follow the DB7 GT/GTA Register on
[1734550218]  [instagram-icon-32-564129525]  [14702681981545489908]
tim_c

AMHT Registrar
Reply with quote  #6 
I didn't come up with a name, someone else did.

Following my Audrey Hepburn theme, the car is called 'Regina Lampert' or Reggie for short - an AH character from Charade.

V12 Vanquish

AMOC member
Reply with quote  #7 
Tried to search around for more information, website, photos, list of entrants etc for Classic Lime Rock with no luck. Any ideas?
tim_c

AMHT Registrar
Reply with quote  #8 
Got here fine and 'met' my car for the first time. The story is that I found a car on the internet shortly after I came back from Pebble last year. The car was the same colour as my Vantage and I had always always wanted one - but was far too scared

But the car was for sale by Tom @ Autosport designs here in the US and we did a deal by e-mail. I broke all the rules - no-one looked over it for me - no inspection - just loved the colour and went for it.

Let me say that I did the right thing - the car is everything Tom told me it was - she drives, handles and rides brilliant.

So here is the first picture - it's in here somewhere

Did you see it? OK, next view

Now can you see it?
tim_c

AMHT Registrar
Reply with quote  #9 
Here she is................

Honnest...............this is my new car !!!!!
Wedgie

AMOC member
Reply with quote  #10 
Tim

Ship it over now & you should be just in time to join us in Lindau.

Reply with quote  #11 
Well done Tim, looks stunning!
Hendrik D

AMOC member
Reply with quote  #12 
Congratulations Tim! She looks lovely. It will make a great stablemate for Eliza! Will you bring her back to the UK after Lime Rock?

Follow the DB7 GT/GTA Register on
[1734550218]  [instagram-icon-32-564129525]  [14702681981545489908]
tim_c

AMHT Registrar
Reply with quote  #13 
Reggie won't be comming back to the UK for some time I'm afraid - I have other US based events I want to do first
Wedgie

AMOC member
Reply with quote  #14 
Oh and Tim I forgot to say, again, LUCKY BASTARD!

AMOC member
Reply with quote  #15 
Simply stunning, Tim. I really adore these wonderful cars!

Any chance for a closer look at that bright blue V8? Looks really nice, but I've no idea what's the name of it.
tim_c

AMHT Registrar
Reply with quote  #16 
It;s Vertigo Blue, same colour as introduced on the DB7 GT
CJ

Reply with quote  #17 
Just finished loading all of today's photos off the camera. I can't believe how many photos I snapped!

See everyone again tomorrow afternoon!
tim_c

AMHT Registrar
Reply with quote  #18 
Since CJ is busy commuting, here are a few of my pictures from yesterday

tim_c

AMHT Registrar
Reply with quote  #19 
The car that put the 'L' back in AML

Mike got 2nd on the track in the V8 class, and the Lag got 2nd in the concourse V8 class - so, overall the Lag got the AMOC East AML cup for best overall V8 of the weekend - how about that !

TVJL

AMOC Guest
Reply with quote  #20 
Well done Tim, on all fronts! 
CJ

Reply with quote  #21 
Well done, indeed! It was great to hear that you enjoyed this event so much. See you next year!

By the way, I took 2516 pictures in two days. (That's way too many- even by my standards.)

I'll post some within the next few days. Tomorrow is going to be a bit chaotic for me, but I should have some time to sort and edit photos on Monday.
tim_c

AMHT Registrar
Reply with quote  #22 
Last pictures from Lime Rock especially for Wedgie - check out my Cathode Ray Tubes! 500 trouble free miles, but she does have a drink problem - at one point we were looking for a fuel leak

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.