CJ
I'll be attending! (the point of my trip), but I was wondering who else I may bump into. Does anyone here have plans to go?
Quote 0 0
CJ
Ok, maybe I won't be.

I submitted my request to be included for this event months ago! And today, I got an email from Webby, who kindly double checked on my reservations, which stated that the Club had never received my email. 20 days after sending my original email, I sent another, which asked if they had received my first. No reply. I sent these emails to social@amoc.org, which the calendar page origionally listed as the contact. After checking it today, I see that it has been changed to pr@amoc.org. I was also informed that there is a 19 person waiting list for the tour. As many of you know, my entire "AMOC Adventure" was based around this sole event. At this time, I haven't a clue as to what I can do, and the trip looks like it will be cancelled.

Any suggestions or ideas would be appreciated. (Even more appreciated, someone willing to give up their place for my father and I.)
Quote 0 0
philmw
Sorry to hear this.

I've had similar experiences - 3 emails to 'social' to put my name on the NP visit and none of them got to the right place/person/dimension.
Quote 0 0
Neilda
I assume someone can talk to AML and get this sorted out?  Webby?
Quote 0 0
Webby
I'm on the case, but suggested to CJ he posted this as a contingency measure.
Quote 0 0
milog
When I visited the UK to attend the Bonhams auction and the concours I sent an email to Rosalind Brodest rbrodes1@astonmartin.com. She works at the visitors center in Gaydon. She was very helpful and organised a private tour for me. Try to contact her. Maybe she can help. I saw a lot of new V8 Vantage Volantes going trough final inspections over there.
Quote 0 0
Webby
Thanks for the info. I've sent Rosalind an email, as well as my other AML contacts. CJ shall have his trip, one way or another.
Quote 0 0
Webby
I think I have this sorted and am trying to arrange some other AM surprises for CJ too. (Of course I've only said that so he'll ask me what the surprises are and I can say, "If I told you it wouldn't be a surprise now, would it?"
Quote 0 0
John D. Papaevangelou
He's probably in class at the moment ... If it is Italian , he'll be asking soon  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Quote 0 0
CJ
May I ask what? ;D

Thanks, Roger!
Quote 0 0
Webby
If I told you it wouldn't be a surprise now, would it?  ;D
Quote 0 0
mcatlin
please tell me this means the trip is not off? Martin
Quote 0 0
mcatlin
Is CJ able to come as planned does anybody know? Martin
Quote 0 0
Webby
Yes, I have managed to get AML to agree to 2 extra places for CJ and his Dad.
Quote 0 0
mcatlin
Well done Roger, it will be great to meet him in person. Martin
Quote 0 0
CJ
Thanks, Roger! I can't wait to visit Gaydon and some of my fellow AMOCers (my own word)! ;D
Quote 0 0