armo42
A thank you to Anne and all those that organized the long time members lapel pins 
We have 5 to be distributed that have 30 years in the Canada West Area Club and a founding Member with 40 years 
Congratulations to all other recipients around the world 
IMG_0902.jpg 
born in the 40's stuck in the 60's
Quote 1 0
john curtis
Do Members apply, or does the Club issue them automatically from their records?
Quote 0 0
armo42
John
As Area Rep for Canada West I had to look through the on line data to see when members joined and I sent a E mail to Fiona Duffy to verify the dates.
In the case of our Member who will get the 40 year pin; Fiona  must have access to the years when he was a member in the UK.
John in Vancouver 
born in the 40's stuck in the 60's
Quote 0 0
tunlaw
Did I see somewhere that there is a discounted subscription renewal for those who have been members for more than 30 years? Or was this just a proposal? I ask because I joined the club in July 1989.  
John Cheyne
Quote 0 0
David Lewington
The reduced subscription is a combination of age (60+ I think) and length of membership (30 years) . If you have not provided the Club with your DoB they won't know if you qualify.

I don't think you are old enough John. 
Quote 0 0
john curtis
It's continuous membership
Quote 0 0
David Lewington
john curtis wrote:
It's continuous membership

You're right. My mistake. 
Quote 0 0
tunlaw

I don't think you are old enough John. 

You are very kind, David. It's that Le Mans camping that keeps me young.

My application form asked for DOB for cadet members only, so I'll have to find someone at HQ to tell. Incidentally, the annual fee then was £22. Those were the days!
John Cheyne
Quote 0 0
David Lewington
tunlaw wrote:
It's that Le Mans camping that keeps me young.

You and me both John. 

Send an email to membershipadmin@amoc.org

I might need to see your passport when we're at Le Mans in June just to make sure you're telling the truth 😁

Quote 0 0
ziggy0074
I was not aware of any long service pins! I guess mine is in the post then for 45 years continuous membership!!!
Quote 0 0
john curtis
Us old boys must have joined about the same time !
Quote 0 0
rcfurse
Jasper is creeping up on you. His second birthday is coming up and he already has two years of AMOC membership under his belt.
Quote 0 0
Area4 Rep
tunlaw wrote:

You are very kind, David. It's that Le Mans camping that keeps me young.

My application form asked for DOB for cadet members only, so I'll have to find someone at HQ to tell. Incidentally, the annual fee then was £22. Those were the days!

John, we will have a celebration event for your 30 year badge, along with the others who qualify for theirs. I'm awaiting delivery and will be in touch. Cheers, A.
Quote 0 0
tunlaw
Wahey!  I'll bring my passport along!

Thanks, Andrew. 
John Cheyne
Quote 0 0