kwatters Show full post »
williamp
tim_c wrote:

Brilliant pictures David - so sorry that I could not be with you all but I had to work in the pharmacy today 

Also I'm very cross to have missed the DBS (V - still never seen it

...so you won't want to hear that I sat in it, then. Poor Claire- she hasent seen me so excited. Probably wondering what she's let herself in for...
Quote 0 0
tim_c
Is Claire doing LeMans?
Registrar of Cars, AMHT
Quote 0 0
rik2
Thanks very much for sharing such great photos, sorry i could not be there.
Quote 0 0
Mr Toad
Many thanks to Kevin for organising a truly memorable day,as previously mentioned,the end of an era, but the good news,  lots of photographic memories 
Quote 0 0
Hendrik D
Thanks David for the pictures! Wonderful really! Great to see you had such a good day.

I should be going on June 6, with the AMOC factory visit. Can't wait!
Check out my DB7 GT on Youtube or follow the DB7 GT/GTA Register
[14702681981545489908]  [1734550218]  [instagram-icon-32-564129525]
Quote 0 0
nicky_too
Finally I've finished uploading my photos and I've managed to keep 234 photos out of over 400. I'm not finished adding caption and info to the photos, but they are ready for viewing here.

I have taken photos of cars at the car park as well. Should your car be among the photos and you don't agree to this, please let me know via private message and I will remove the photos immediately.
Should you like to have a photo of your car, please send me a private message so we can arrange that I can mail the photo(s) in question.

Also, in some cases I don't know which model Aston is on the photo. If the model is not stated near the photo and you happen to know, I would appreciate it if you let me know what it is.
Quote 0 0
kwatters
Just a short note to say thank you to all the AMOC members who kindly supported both Aston Martin and Willen Hospice on Saturday at the AMOC open day. The day was a big success and I have already received many kind notes of thanks from AMOC members. 

Thank You
Quote 0 0
nicky_too
Thanks should go to you, Kevin, for arranging this.
I want to thank you anyway, because you made it very easy for me to get the tickets and actually be able to attend. I had a great time, as has my best friend and we thank you both.
Quote 0 0
AstonZagato
nicky_too wrote:

Thanks should go to you, Kevin, for arranging this.

Hear, hear.
Quote 0 0
zen
Hi Nicky too,
I am very happy you did like so much my green DB4 ( first page line 6,7 and 8 ) of your picks.
Just for info is a second series DB4 I acquired on 2005 from the first owner.
Very original car, just re-trim the interior years ago.
On your 400 picks did you get a green DB5 with light brown interior or a Black Vanquishes at WS?Thank you for your beautiful picks.

Quote 0 0
nicky_too
zen wrote:

Hi Nicky too,
I am very happy you did like so much my green DB4 ( first page line 6,7 and 8 ) of your picks.
Just for info is a second series DB4 I acquired on 2005 from the first owner.

Wait a minute. That gorgeous DB4 is yours? And it's a second series? I thought that that grill was only used on series 1 DB4s. Am I mistaken then?
Any way, in what year was it built? I'd like to add that info to the photos.

Quote:
On your 400 picks did you get a green DB5 with light brown interior or a Black Vanquishes at WS?Thank you for your beautiful picks.

I did not exclude any car from the 400 photos, so I most probably didn't take any photos of those two. You could have a look at my best friend's photos, maybe she made some.
Quote 0 0
Cyclist55
Hello Nicky,

I'm glad someone held up the rope for you to take the pictures of the DB4 in Works Service.  Wait a mintue! That was me!  Also glad to see some lovely pics of a DB6 Mk2 in the car park.  Good Lord, it's mine!

Good to meet you - albeit without knowing who you were!

Cyclist.
RichardB
Quote 0 0
Wedgie
Great pictures everyone. It must have been quite a day. Sorry to have missed it.

Roger I
Quote 0 0
nicky_too
Cyclist55 wrote:

Hello Nicky,

I'm glad someone held up the rope for you to take the pictures of the DB4 in Works Service.  Wait a mintue! That was me!  Also glad to see some lovely pics of a DB6 Mk2 in the car park.  Good Lord, it's mine!

Good to meet you - albeit without knowing who you were!

Cyclist.

LOL

Good to meet you too!

Oh...I hope you don't mind this (he didn't scratch, he's a cuddly toy after all)
Quote 0 0
nicky_too
Russell wrote:

geewizzpip wrote:

Is there reserved AM parking?

not for Corsas no, you have to leave them in the park and ride you blaggard.

I wonder who geewizzpip bribed then...

Quote 0 0
zen
Hi Nicky too,
this early grille has been used from series 1 to series 3.
My car is from 3/3/1961
Best
luca
Quote 0 0
geewizzpip
Mine is new, 16 valve and black, but ha ha good fun.

I drive it because it does three times the mpg as the Aston, and also I won it so it didn't cost me a bean!
Quote 0 0
AstonZagato
Quote:
I won it so it didn't cost me a bean!

GWP,
How many times have I told you to stay away from bingo parlours?
Quote 0 0
Russell
pleased to see that the corsa got left in the garage geewizz so i got to see the virage. very very nice. got me thinking about a paint job now.  nice journey back as well in convoy got heads doing double takes all the way.
it was a nice day and lots to see so sorry for all those that couldnt make it. once again the carpark was the winner for me. still hankering for a vantage and there were some really lovely examples there.
24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case, coincidence ? i think not.
Quote 0 0
Wellside
We had a Fantastic Day too. Glad to see all the digital photos. As film luddites, we are still waiting for the processors to return ours! It was superbly organised and i echo the thanks to Mr Waters, Well done.

Thanks also to Olympus, nigelord and Wedgie for the accomodation suggestions. Really enjoyed the Inn at Woburn and the Loch Fyne Resaurant. Made a real weekend, and doubled as a birthday treat for Mrs Wellside. (spending Sunday at Woburn Abbey). She was hoping we were going to the factory to pick up her DBS, but had to explain she needed to wait a little longer. She was really taken by it.

The carpark was also a highlight. Glad we went in the DB6, for the last return to its spiritual home.

A wonderfull day, in aid of a good cause, tinged with sadness. So glad we were able to take photos and speak to the factory employees. Really freindly....wonderfull memories.

Simon
Quote 0 0
geewizzpip
Russell, always good to travel in a gaggle of Virages. Good to see you again, hope your driver behaved himself in such a powerful car!
Quote 0 0
Russell
at 19 i wont be letting him out on his own but he was blown away when i threw him the keys. he loved it both there and back. and he is urging me now to add an old V8 vantage to make a collection. there were some lovely ones there.  i am tempted but i like a cooling off period. it hasnt worked......
24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case, coincidence ? i think not.
Quote 0 0