antonoat
Hi Everyone,
I am not, unfortunately, an Aston owner, although one day that may change.
Yesterday 02-06-07, I went along for the first time to the AMOC event at Silverstone and I must say what an incredible show.
Met some very nice and interesting folk, a better advert for the club would be hard to imagine!
I did take many photos a few of which are on my website  http://www.pbase.com/antonoat/amoc_silverstone_020607
Please take a look if you have a few minutes spare, any comments would be appreciated.
Best wishes Tony.
Quote 0 0
CJ
Excellent photos. Thanks for posting them.

What camera do you use?
Quote 0 0
antonoat
Hi Thanks for your comments. I use Nikon Equipment, d2xs and d200 bodies along with many different lenses.( I thought everyone would be asleep at this hour).
Cheers Tony.
Quote 0 0
CJ
I'm in the US.
Quote 0 0
WolfVaB
Looks like a nice day with some great cars!  Thanks for the link.
Quote 0 0
annereed
Great photos Tony.  Do you have any of car number 53. In race 5 + 8.

My photos are on the area 13 site http://www.amoc.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=category&id=131&Itemid=51 along with pictures of a very wet curbrough and our last area pub meeting.

Anne
Quote 0 0
williamp
what happened to yuor car, Anne? Once it was running with the DBR1 and DB3S, and then we could'nt see you again.
Quote 0 0
annereed
We didn't have a good day......

David was 2 seconds off the pace in his practice and the car was fluffing at about 5th revs so had to change up.  We should be reving up to 7.5 easy.  For my practice, first time out 'doing it for real', I was well chuffed to be middle of the field, but had the same fluffing problems.  We had the odd fluff last weekend at Curbrough and David has spent every evening this week changing distributor caps etc etc...  Water has also reappeared in the fuel even though the seal around the fuel cap seems fine, but then with the amount of rain we had at curbrough last week, it's not a total surprise to have water in somewhere.

So another flurry of activity over lunch, with all sorts of aston 'experts' giving their opinions, most of which David had already tried, but when david went out for the race, the fluffing was worse and he came in after 8 laps.  As Snowie, the commentator said, it was languishing rather than racing as it had at Brands.  For my attempt, it fluffed at about 4th in 2nd, 3rd and 4th gear.  After attempting to see if it would clear itself, it was obvious after 3 laps that it wasn't so I thought best not to risk it and came in.  I was however, well pleased with my start although then it started mucking about and everyone came past!  So I have 'broken my duck' and hopefully won't be quite so petrified of the next start line!

So now we look forward to Snetterton...

Anne
Quote 0 0
williamp
Congratulations on breaking the duck, shame about the car. Still, with a racing car fresh from a full rebuild you need to expect a few problems. I hope you get it sorted soon
Quote 0 0
antonoat
annereed wrote:

Great photos Tony.  Do you have any of car number 53. In race 5 + 8.

My photos are on the area 13 site http://www.amoc.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=category&id=131&Itemid=51 along with pictures of a very wet curbrough and our last area pub meeting.

Anne

Hi Anne,
Just discovered your message. Unfortunately I do not have any photos of the car you mentioned.
I enjoyed your photos and show report.
Regards Tony.
Quote 0 0