AM V8
Hi All,

Just a reminder for the AMOC Race Day at Silverstone Saturday 3rd October 2020, could be a great meeting day and one of the last main events, hope to see you there.

Quote 0 0
Rich5ltr
Looking at the the AMOC Racing website and it doesn't seem to be working.  https://www.amocracing.com/st-john-horsfall-memorial-silversto

I was interested to see what cars had entered the various races and it says there's a timetable, paddock plan, entry list etc but it's not working. Anyone got a better link..?  
Still burning hydrocarbons just for fun! 

Quote 0 0
Anne
Rich5ltr wrote:
Looking at the the AMOC Racing website and it doesn't seem to be working.  https://www.amocracing.com/st-john-horsfall-memorial-silversto

I was interested to see what cars had entered the various races and it says there's a timetable, paddock plan, entry list etc but it's not working. Anyone got a better link..?  

Richard, that information won't be up until about a week before the event when entries have closed.

Just in case you go to buy tickets on the Silverstone website, yesterday they changed the screen to show it as a closed event.  We are in contact with them to find out why this may have changed, as Motorsport UK say events can be open from 1st October. We are hoping it is just a mix up somewhere but will communicate it out if this is not the case. 

Anne
Quote 0 0
ClassicV8
Anne wrote:

Richard, that information won't be up until about a week before the event when entries have closed.

Just in case you go to buy tickets on the Silverstone website, yesterday they changed the screen to show it as a closed event.  We are in contact with them to find out why this may have changed, as Motorsport UK say events can be open from 1st October. We are hoping it is just a mix up somewhere but will communicate it out if this is not the case. 

Anne

Already bought my ticket so hope it is not now a closed event.
Quote 0 0
WWright
Anne, will tickets be available from the club or do they have to be purchased direct from Silverstone?

David
WWright
Quote 0 0
AM V8
That is weird, a few days ago tickets were £10 and now it is saying "Closed to Spectators".......
Quote 0 0
Ockyclarke
I know we are in strange times but normally you can buy them on the day at the gate
Paul
Quote 0 0
rcfurse
It is looking fairly certain that this is going to be a closed event.  See Anne's note above.
Quote 0 0
JohnSk

AMOC RACING UPDATE-St John Horsfall Memorial meeting – Saturday 3rd October 2020

Following a statement from Silverstone Circuit  that the AMOC Race meeting, scheduled for Saturday 3rd October 2020 will be held behind closed doors’ in line with the government’s current Covid 19 guidelines, the sale of tickets for this event has been suspended.

The AMOC is waiting for confirmation of the situation and will update Members as soon as a response is received from Silverstone Circuit.

Quote 0 0
WWright
Thanks for the update - would be travelling from the n west so don't want a wasted trip!
WWright
Quote 0 0
johnslynch
Went to Thruxton to watch racing three weeks ago, car clubs were included at the event.
Quote 0 0
JohnRees

Spa has today cancelled the 6 hour race meeting. We can all only hope for better things next season.
stay safe, keep fit

Quote 0 0
Thibaut
Running this as a privage event would really be annoying especially since the open areas are huge and the attendance numbers are modest.... can’t we argue that this is a private event as only amoc members could attend ?
Quote 0 0
JohnRees
Perhaps, but it’s a trend that is accelerating. Silverstone have stopped selling tickets & the HSCC are now not supporting the Dijon race weekend. It’s very disappointing but under the current circumstances understandable. 
Quote 0 0
Thibaut
Any update on amoc @Silverstone ?
is that closed to members ?

if this is closed, could at least some vido could be arranged and streamed on amoc hq youtube channel ?
Quote 0 0
JohnSk
St John Horsfall Meeting, Silverstone, 3 October 2020
Despite continued attempts to get a statement from Silverstone I have to advise you that, whilst the Race meeting is still definitely taking place, the event will now be held behind closed doors with no spectators allowed at all. It is therefore not possible to hold the  'Club Day' social event we had planned. 

For those members who have bought tickets we urge you to contact Silverstone directly, as the event organisers, for any refunds. We had no control over the ticketing and it was entirely run by Silverstone.

We all look forward to the future when we can arrange events for the members and meet up again - until then please drive safely and take care.
Quote 0 0
Thibaut
Could Amoc produce some form of video we could watch ? Even very basic...
Quote 0 0
JohnSk
Thibaut wrote:
Could Amoc produce some form of video we could watch ? Even very basic...

Sadly, we believe there cannot be anyone, not directly involved in the teams, on site. We are investigating all options but cannot hold out any hope at present. Attempts to improve that situation are still being investigated.
Quote 0 0
Thibaut

thank you

I appreciate this is different in scale but goodwood speedweek is going ahead with live video on the estate youtube channel.

Quote 0 0
John Purser
"The Eifel Grand Prix is due to run from the 9-11 October, marking F1’s first return to the Nurburgring since 2013.

With the ongoing threat of the COVID-19 virus, F1’s health and safety protocols have been present at every race during the 2020 season.

As a result, local officials are satisfied with the safety measures put in place that will ensure fans will be required to social distance at the event.

Grandstands will be divided in to individual sections, with designated seating blocks holding four seats at a suitable distance between each available block.

Crowds must wear masks at all times, and will have their own parking area for the grandstand they’re sitting in to avoid contact with other fans."

One does have to ask the Silverstone management what risk they face if 50 AMOC Members want to pay them 10 quid to turn up to see the racing ?
Quote 0 0
Thibaut
I share your frustration John

While I recognise that Silverstone has to comply with rules edicted by motorsport UK I don’t understand why we had to cancel autumn concours and Salon Prive is taking place at Blenheim

let’s face it, covid isn’t going away. I would hope Amoc can Covid proof 2021 events
Quote 0 0