garrydb7 Show full post »
geoffd
Many thanks for all your efforts Garry, you did a fine job.  It was a great weekend, and I'm looking forward to next year already!

Geoff
Quote 0 0
Ian B
Garry, Thanks for all your efforts and hard work - again it was an excellent event.
Quote 0 0
AstonZagato
Garry Taylor wrote:

It really is appreciated for some of the Old Guard think it is just parking cars. But then a nuclear device is just splitting an atom - its the hidden work beforehand that counts (but then some of the Old Guard are usually getting Slaughtered on Chardonnay in the BRDC Suite to care)

Not sure what you're on about but can I have a go on Chardonnay? I hear she's a game girl.
Quote 0 0
MPD
Garry Taylor wrote:

Thanks Tim. it did seem that we had two sites to manage and nearly had to revert to Plan C as well (Well, didn't have a Plan C but that space on the Dodge Viper stand looked very tempting...)

Also thank you Mark and John for your kind comments. It really is appreciated for some of the Old Guard think it is just parking cars. But then a nuclear device is just splitting an atom - its the hidden work beforehand that counts (but then some of the Old Guard are usually getting Slaughtered on Chardonnay in the BRDC Suite to care)

My personal report will appear in the September AM News and as Tim said our display did attract a lot of attention, but more importantly, a great destination for Members. Not letting down Members is important to me, and seeing Members in conversation with each other, enjoying a picnic by their car, and the SC crowd loving the cars is wonderful. I think may have got it pretty good this year.

Next year will be my last Silverstone Classic for after 7 years or so, I feel it is time to hand it over to someone else to bring new ideas. So i intend to go out with a bang as 2013 will be AMOC celebrating 100 years of Aston Martin at the Silverstone Classic and the organisers are so keen to help and support us. I am already in discussions with my plans and all I will say at the moment is that you will be proud to be an Aston Martin owner and enthusiast - news in AM News and here on the forum as it arrives.

Gary, may I ask who the 'Old Guard" were?
Quote 0 0
garrydb7
Mark - I am not going into names. It was a flippant and probably frustrating comment and I withdraw it.
Quote 0 0
garrydb7
Thank you Jeff and Ian.

My ego will gladly take all the credit, but it was a team effort. Without Marc Aylott's epic work ethic it would have been difficult. Also much credit to Donna from the AMHT and her team for being on site throughout and shuttling A3 back and forth each day as it could not be left on site.
Quote 0 0
warrior
I can only endorse what has been said above. Garry, Marc and the team all did a great job for AMOC at the recent Classic Silverstone event. Well done to all concerned - and to the owners who were kind enough to take the trouble to prepare and display their cars. It was impressive to say the least. Gillian and I send you all our best wishes for next year - the most important year for my chairmanship of our club!! JG
Quote 0 0
Ian B
Garry Taylor wrote:

Thank you Jeff and Ian.

My ego will gladly take all the credit, but it was a team effort. Without Marc Aylott's epic work ethic it would have been difficult. Also much credit to Donna from the AMHT and her team for being on site throughout and shuttling A3 back and forth each day as it could not be left on site.

I stand corrected - well done and thanks to Marc, Donna and team too!
Quote 0 0
jonby
There was a stunning pale green V12 Vantage Coupe amongst the cars on show - does anyone happen to know the exact colour ? Looked a little like Hardly (which it might have been) but perhaps just a shade darker ?
Quote 0 0
Webby
AaronS has posted a great album of photographs from this event.
[smg id=451]
Silverstone 2012
Quote 0 0
garrydb7
jonby wrote:

There was a stunning pale green V12 Vantage Coupe amongst the cars on show - does anyone happen to know the exact colour ? Looked a little like Hardly (which it might have been) but perhaps just a shade darker ?

I think the car you are referring to is in the photo below in my next post
Quote 0 0
garrydb7
Cannot even begin to compete with the lovely photos posted earlier, but here are some of my random snaps.  My report has been submitted to AM News and will land on your doormats sometime in early September
Quote 0 0