Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
CJ

Reply with quote  #1 
Today was the AMOC-NA tour of Steel Wings in Hopewell, New Jersey. The forum was well represented- me, Mike (usvantage) and Brad (bradlawr). You'll all be very proud, I held back and only shot 600 photos! Here are a few. Enjoy!

Silver Birch... *drool*

Craig, missing something?

Mike and me

Brad's AMV8

How could we resist stopping by Ray Catena on the way home?

We even test drove a DB9 Volante! (My dad refused to play with the TouchTronic paddles... )

Ah, another perfect day with the AMOC! ;D
RickH

AMOC Guest
Reply with quote  #2 
CJ - you're incorrigible AMOC anorak (that's a good thing  )
cwallace1309

Reply with quote  #3 
Great photos CJ, thanks.  Yes, I am missing that particular car quite a bit.  We have been blessed with spectacular weather this fall; my favourite season for Aston driving and both cars are away!
CJ

Reply with quote  #4 
Thanks, Rick!

Craig, you may enjoy my current wallpaper as you await her return
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v345/BondOO7/amoc/forum/photos/swdb5_web.jpg
usvantage

AMOC Guest
Reply with quote  #5 
Craig

They had a few DB5s (including the ex Lady Brown's purple one) and none compared to yours. Fantastic color - what is it?

Rob also pointed to the other end of the shop and said "when your car is at that end, it's not so expensive. As the car moves toward the other end (where your car was) the checks get bigger and bigger."

Uh oh.

WolfVaB

AMOC Guest
Reply with quote  #6 
I'm sure he was referring to the size of the check a person would need to write to own that particular car  ;D
williamp

AMOC Guest
Reply with quote  #7 
Great studd, CJ, but where are the chassis numbers?

You're not a true anorak until youget excited about photographing two cars with consecutive numberplates, in different parts of the world...

(how's that for a challenge!)
Lordsoandso

Reply with quote  #8 
600 pics gets him half an anorak at least!
cwallace1309

Reply with quote  #9 
It is Aegean Blue, Mike. 

I wasn't sure about the colour when I first got the car, but some work by a superb paint guy showed that the colour had "faded toward the green".  He sanded and buffed a spot on the side of the car to get back to the original colour.  It was amazing how different it was from the hood (bonnet) when we removed that and put it next to it.  So he matched the original in the repaint, and I am very glad I stuck with it.

And thanks for the warning.  I have asked them to move my car to the cheaper end of the shop.
PRanucci

AMOC member
Reply with quote  #10 
Beatiful car. I used to live near there, looks like you had a great day. With regards to Steel Wings (since they work on Astons, shouldn't it be aluminum wings?), while one end of the shop may be cheaper than the other, I'm sure that both ends have the same high quality. Not cheap, but they are very good.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.