horatio
Is anyone going to Angouleme next year for the circuit des Remperts?
Quote 0 0
Lordsoandso
I hope to be there.
Quote 0 0
horatio
We (Pat , wife & I) are booked in at the Hôtel Epi d'Or, Boulevard René Chabasse.

Perhaps we could arrange nearer the time to meet for a drink, -or whatever; Providing the roof doesn't fall in, or the Inter throw a fit.
Quote 0 0
Lordsoandso
Sounds like a plan. Mr Curtis will be along eventually to rubbish my claim of attendance since I've been saying I'm going for the last two years. That'll be three of us though.
Quote 0 0
horatio
Snow permitting!
Quote 0 0
john curtis
LSS wrote:

Sounds like a plan. Mr Curtis will be along eventually to rubbish my claim of attendance since I've been saying I'm going for the last two years. That'll be three of us though.
Sorry you have had to wait so long! I hadn't seen this thread.
Yes, I don't believe you will be there.
All those years eating alone at Chez Paul with an empty chair beside me.
Quote 0 0
horatio
Oh dear, Oh dear,  We are just changing our mind about attending, as we do not wish to miss the NATO Northern Tour in this significant year.

Next Year at Angouleme?????
Quote 0 0
Lordsoandso
Book another empty chair John!
Quote 0 0
Rich5ltr
So this is the same weekend as the Goodwood revival, I knew there was a reason I couldn't go, and I've been intending to go for years.
Still burning hydrocarbons just for fun! 

Quote 0 0
horatio
It's been the same weekend for the past few years, I suppose the event calendar is a bit crowded nowadays, but it would be nice if the Revival could go back to earlier in September, as it used to be.

Anyone got Lord Marches private line, and some influence?
Quote 0 0
mcatlin
horatio wrote:

It's been the same weekend for the past few years, I suppose the event calendar is a bit crowded nowadays, but it would be nice if the Revival could go back to earlier in September, as it used to be.

Anyone got Lord Marches private line, and some influence?
I'm acquainted with Lord Drayson but probably not sufficient enough.
Quote 0 0
Rich5ltr
horatio wrote:
it would be nice if the Revival could go back to earlier in September, as it used to be.
I can remember when it has been at the end of August...

Quote 0 0
john curtis
Did anyone come down for the Remparts ? I was away competing so didn't go. Heard it was not so good this year for various reasons. Any thoughts ?
Quote 0 0
geewizzpip
Would be interested to know as am planning it next year (mate lives near La Rochelle).
Quote 0 0
Ian Postles
Area 20 (Devon and Cornwall) organised a trip down to Remparts this year with 8 Aston's taking to the road. We were on a six day tour which including joining in the Rally and watching the racing on the Sunday.  None of us had attended before but we had an absolute blast!  banana banana The enthusiasm of the locals was amazing lining the road in every village to welcome the cars - really brilliant.

Talking to others at Chez Paul they did feel it wasn't as good as previous years.  Apparently Rally entries were down 20% but this still left 200+ cars taking parts and it was felt there had been some cutting back on the entertainment side.  The organisers ran out of red wine at lunch and in the evening!

There is a whole gallery set aside on http://www.francoisbaudin.com for Aston's with most of them coming from our group.

Ian
Quote 0 0
John Purser
Good to hear all went well - although 'in France' and 'running out of wine' don't go together well. Some may have been put of by the truly DIRE weather in 2009. It's so good to be able to watch a street circuit in action. Slim chance in Britain.
Quote 0 0
Rich5ltr
DB9 IanP wrote:
There is a whole gallery set aside on http://www.francoisbaudin.com for Aston's with most of them coming from our group.  Ian
Some nice pictures there but the chap has taken an AC ACECA to be an Aston, presumably thought it was a DB MkIII.

Quote 0 0