williamsderbys
Anyone thinking of going this year?
I would be happy to spectate or enter the rally/concs or even stagger around at the back of the 'racers'.
Envisage two days to get there and perhaps a few days in the region.
I don't know if the regs are out yet.
Quote 0 0
john curtis
This is the official site http://www.circuit-des-remparts.com/edition2006.html

Nothing on there as yet. I shall be going to watch as usual. If you want any local info let me know. I live not far from Cognac.
Quote 0 0
john curtis
What car were you thinking of racing?
I ask as it depends what races they have planned for this year. It might not fit in.
Quote 0 0
williamsderbys
john curtis wrote:

What car were you thinking of racing?
I ask as it depends what races they have planned for this year. It might not fit in.

Was only thinking of spectating altho would tag along on end of field if a grid of Astons was needed.
Hoping for group visit.
Thanks for your offer of local accomodation info.
Car : 33 Le Mans
Quote 0 0
jldavier
Hi for all AMOC members,

I'm a new member on this forum and I think I can help you for one participation at the “Circuit des Remparts d'Angoulême”

AMOC came to Angouleme in september 2002 with very beautiful and very competitive cars,

see below your list in 2002:
ARMSTRONG Tony Ulster 1936
BROWNING John Mk2         1934
CROOK David 15/98 Short Base 1938
ECCLES Colin 15/98 1937
OZANNE David Ulster 1938
PIPER Keith New International 1932
SCOTT Mc KIRDY Christopher Mk2         1934
TAYLOR David 15/98 1938
TODD Ian International 1929
VERDON-SMITH William         DB Mk3 1958
WAISTELL Kip  LAGONDA 3 litres 1932
WILLIAMS John Le Mans 1933

I've just read on a French forum call " the Blenheim Gang" a signed post by “Lord of Galloway” today, 08:20 PM, AMOC wishes to come for september 2007 in Angoulême, isn't this ?

I will wish to come into contact with the member who can organize your inscription for 16 cars (only 14 in .
you can write at this address:

From AMOC
To JL Davier
ACOCRA
2 rue Fontgrave
16000 Angoulême FRANCE
email: circuit-des-remparts@tiscali.fr

or if it's possible with your register to ask my address email to send a message with a copy at ACOCRA; I don't wish to put on line my personal internet address - confidentiality -

with the pleasure reading you soon

Kind regards.
Quote 0 0
john curtis
It all looks a bit up in the air with regard to the organisation at the moment.
http://www.charentelibre.com/article.php?i...d_article=88168

Quote 0 0
Lordsoandso
John, can you direct some of those French Astoneers over here? 
Quote 0 0
jldavier
Hi John Curtis,

You live in Cognac and me in Angoulême.

You know your newspapers in GB and me I know very well our local newspaper and his journalist. *

What is written in “paper” with the link, is a scouring paper because the journalist does not know and wants to know.
I then to ensure you the "Circuit des Remparts" is registered calendar FFSA for the 15 - 16 September 2007.

It's with much pleasure that we will accomodate the exceptional AMOC and its cars.

It's when you want it.

*when the seat is “good”, the “leather” is patinated, many people want to sit down in the armchair.

My regards
Quote 0 0
GTCNick
I hope I am able to enter this discussion without giving offence? My name is Nick Brimblecombe and I have been an AMOC member but am not one currently, as I have moved to France and now live near Angouleme. My reason for contributing now is that I happened to be speaking with Monsieur JL Davier from the organisation there today, who recommended I made contact. He is also the person I am working with to organise a Jaguar XK grid at the Circuit des Remparts in 2007. Last year I arranged the Lagonda grid at Angouleme (please speak with Tim Wadsworth at the Lagonda Club if you would like any references). Or Martin McGlone or David Acon or D.Hicks, for example, if you need to know more about what we do.

I hope I can reassure those who are concerned about the future of the event, to some extent, because I need to remain closely involved with matters here as we usually bring about 120 people to Angouleme each year and have been doing the same kind of thing every year for about 15 years. I am fairly confident that if you want some help to ensure a grid of pre-war Astons in 2007, with JL Davier, I can accomplish that. I know from the discussion today that If I put up a good list of cars/drivers from yourselves, it would be given a very good response.

My son Thomas at the Grand Touring Club/Grandstand Motorsports in Leicester, has a very good range of facilities on offer for 2007 including a good supply of the best hotel rooms in the old town centre with secure parking and excellent ferry packages etc. So just to be quite clear about it, we are interested in helping out with this end in view, quite apart from the satisfaction of seeing a really good line up and race on the day.

Hoping this offer may be seen as useful, I am happy to be contacted. Not sure if the protocol allows me to put my email address, but I'll keep a look out.

A Bientot 
Quote 0 0
Lordsoandso
Thanks for your input, returning members are always especially welcome  Your email address is visible to people clicking on your username. Personal messages sent on the forum issue email notification, but you will need to check back on the site to see new postings on this thread.
Quote 0 0
williamsderbys
Seems to be a good response from Angouleme area !
I am not in touch with the racers but could anone who is canvas interest?
Quote 0 0
john curtis
I should have thought a good start would be Tony Armstrong who is Area Rep of Area 9.
Quote 0 0
Lordsoandso
Or Christopher S-McK.?
Quote 0 0
GTCNick
Bonjour from the sunny (ish) Charente.
I am glad there seems to be a generally encouraging reaction to what I suggested yesterday. In my experience what works best is to have one appointed organiser from the group that plans to come and race. I can deal with that person to find our exactly what you need (i.e. accommodation, any travel arrangements etc.,) then we can reserve something and clarify costs.
Then the participants register their entry with that member/individual who transmits everthing and any questions/ request to me in France.

So if there is a key person in the Pre war racing group who would logically take on that role, that is the ideal way forward and I would like to hear from them. They need to be the person who would see it through with me from start to finish, so it is better if they are also actually participating themselves.

Hoping to hear from you. Many thanks.
Quote 0 0
blondemoment
I thoroughly recommend Nick and Thomas from the Grand Touring Club - excellent organisation, and a fantastic weekend. If Nick hasn't already mentioned it, copious amounts of alcohol are consumed at Les Halles (during the evening, not during the racing!!) - it was one of the best weekends I have ever spent in France - sunshine, a relaxed and convivial atmosphere, with amazing cars parked everywhere!

Do go - you won't regret it!
http://www.grandtouringclub.co.uk or http://www.grandstandmotorsports.co.uk

Jo
Quote 0 0
john curtis
That's your free tickets for 2007 assured  ;D
Quote 0 0
GTCNick
Hello again from the Charente.
Maybe these forums don't generate action but are only used to pass around ideas?
I last wrote on 9th February in the hope that an appropriate person within the Pre War racing fraternity might want to move forward with this idea of a grid at Angouleme in 2007, which the organisers had asked me to take on further with the Club. But nobody has contacted me so far.
Would someone be so kind as to email me to suggest who I might contact in the AMOC and their contact details so I can see if there is any serious interest?
Many thanks
Quote 0 0
john curtis
I have sent you an e mail
Quote 0 0
John Purser
Request passed on
Quote 0 0
john curtis
Hello, Charente Maritime calling Charente.
Did you get my e mail GTCNick ?
Quote 0 0
GTCNick
john curtis wrote:

Hello, Charente Maritime calling Charente.
Did you get my e mail GTCNick ?

Thanks both Johns for your mails and your interest. A quick update on this. I have spoken with Tony Armstrong today who is showing a personal interest in returning to Angouleme this year and is going to speak to a number of contacts in the hope of others also becoming involved. I have also been in email contact today with Tim Roche at the Barn HQ who is passing my messages to Mark Campbell, whom he feels is the right person to ask to assist. So I live in hope the idea will catch on. Meantime do pass the word...
Best wishes and A Bientot.
Quote 0 0
Lordsoandso
That´s good news. I am sure Tony Armstrong will pass the details on to Christopher S-Mck for his newsletter.
Quote 0 0
john curtis
Will you be coming to the Remparts, My Lord?
Quote 0 0
Lordsoandso
Not this time John, but if I can get there to spectate, I surely will..
Quote 0 0
john curtis
I shall keep a copy of your avatar so that I can recognize you. I think you will stand out in the crowd ;D
This year I hope to to be watching from a balcony. Champagne, canapés, don't you know.  ;D
Quote 0 0