Thibaut
Going on sunday. Hopefully weather will be better.
Giving the OI V8 a good workout
Quote 0 0
rcfurse
Will be there Sunday in my dark blue 2/4. 143 DPC.
Quote 0 0
Rich5ltr
Hi RC... There were not many Feltham Astons at Goodwood and fewer dark blue ones so was that you I waved to near Lavant this morning? I was in the peony red MkIII
Still burning hydrocarbons just for fun! 

Quote 0 0
Rich5ltr
And boy was it wet and muddy. This rather splendid line up in my hotel looks great in true Goodwood style but when you look close up the poor things are caked in mud from Lord March's fields, I hope he doesn't want it back! 

IMG_20170910_181633.jpg 

IMG_20170910_181435.jpg
Still burning hydrocarbons just for fun! 

Quote 0 0
rcfurse
Yes, likely me. As my car is still on drum brakes it requires the drivers full attention in traffic. They work fine but you know why people switched to discs! It became really rather wet and the drive back to North Wales was a long old slog. Got passed by an Elan Sprint just south of B'ham so set off and put him back in his place. For a 60 year old car they go and I haven't done anything funny to mine although I am definitely thinking of putting a 5 speed box in.
Quote 0 0
CFB4a
We were there both Saturday and Sunday but on this occasion we were glad that the Mk.111 isn't finished so we went in a 1999 SL320 and that exercised its traction control extensively in the car parks and struggles with some of the ruts! We did follow a dark blue Mk.111 out of the car parks on Saturday evening which was in the right lane whilst we were in the left. Good event despite the weather but probably the least number of classics I have seen at any Revival which was a shame. 

Quote 0 0
rcfurse
The weather forecasts were so bad that I think a lot of people decided to leave them at home. The "Pre 65" car park was anything but. I have to confess that if I had realised just how wet it was going to be I might have thought twice but that's a slippery slope towards "trailer queen" status.
Quote 0 0