TVJL
The year began very well indeed for Area 00, with a splendid turnout for our table at the AMHT annual lecture at the RAC. In addition, we have already had two of our monthly lunches, of course, both of which were also as pleasant as ever. Thanks to all for making them so.

At the last lunch, we let everyone present know most of what we have planned for the coming year, but we promised to put something up on the forum (as an aid memoir) and to send round an email too (which we will do).

For now, here are the planned highlights (subject to there being sufficient interest, of course):

We intend to reinstate our quarterly dinners, including a visit to The Grafton Hotel – the venue (of course) of the Club’s inaugural meeting (dates below).

There will be summer picnic event at Hatfield House once again (date below TBC).

We will hold “Pull Again (” – a day’s informal clay shoot at Bisley Shooting Ground (date below TBC).

However, the ‘big idea’ for ’07 has been spun off the back of a discussion or two that took place last November and again at our Christmas dinner. Everyone who expressed a view was very enthusiastic about it, so we’ve decided to take things to the next stage.

We’ve called this initiative the Area 00 “Club Crawl” and we hope you like it. The idea is that, via the kind invitation of some of our members, we hope to hold a number of our quarterly dinners at various different private members clubs located in and around St. James’. Each occasion will provide the opportunity for Area 00 members to visit institutions that some may not have seen before and to enjoy a convivial evening of fine food, wine, and company. We hope you will approve.

Obviously, there are some risks for each individual member concerned, but I’m sure that we will all be alive to those! Anyway, for now the only stipulation is that those interested in taking part will need to commit well before the event, but we will provide details about this in due course.

So, there it is (in nascent form at least): Area 0(‘. Here’s the full run down (although some dates may need to change).

8th March                    Dinner at The Reform Club (by kind invitation of a member)
5th April                    Lunch at The Bung Hole
11th May                    Lunch at The Bung Hole
25th May                    Dinner at the Grafton Hotel
8th June                    Lunch at The Bung Hole
15th July (TBC)            Picnic at Hatfield House
10th August            Lunch at The Bung Hole
8th September (TBC)            â€œPull 3” at Bisley
13th September            Dinner at The Carlton Club (by kind invitation of a member)
5th October            Lunch at The Bung Hole
9th November            Lunch at The Bung Hole
13th December            Christmas dinner at The Lansdowne Club (by kind invitation of a member)

Best to all.

Tim & Scott
Quote 0 0
SCBPX
Hope you guys enjoy the dinner at the Reform tomorrow night

I'll be thinking of you , while I'm surroundeded by 80 hairy a**ed offshore workers on my little installation in the middle of the North Sea  :-\

Steve
Quote 0 0
TVJL
Thanks for your good wishes, Steve.

The dinner is shaping up very well indeed, and 19 of us hope to be enjoying The Reform (as you say) on Thursday evening. I'm sorry that you are not able to be with us. But, if any 00 events should ever coincide with time away from the hairy ones, it would be great to see you come along.

All the best,

Tim
Quote 0 0
N18WNG
I am new member and have attended a few of the Area 00 lunches as well the 'Club Crawl' at The Reform Club. I had a great time and met many new members (well, new to me).
A big thanks to Tim and Scott for their efforts...looking forward to the future dates!
Quote 0 0
AstonZagato
N18WNG wrote:

I am new member and have attended a few of the Area 00 lunches as well the 'Club Crawl' at The Reform Club. I had a great time and many new members (well, new to me).
A big thank to Tim and Scott for their efforts...looking forward to the future dates!

Don't forget to give Webby your membership number (click on the "Members Only" link in the left hand bar of this page).  That will give you access to some interesting pages.
Quote 0 0
N18WNG
AstonZagato wrote:

N18WNG wrote:

I am new member and have attended a few of the Area 00 lunches as well the 'Club Crawl' at The Reform Club. I had a great time and many new members (well, new to me).
A big thank to Tim and Scott for their efforts...looking forward to the future dates!

Don't forget to give Webby your membership number (click on the "Members Only" link in the left hand bar of this page).  That will give you access to some interesting pages.

Will do. Thank you.
Quote 0 0