TVJL
Regular readers will be aware of the idea of "Area 00 Club Crawl" - a Member very kindly agrees to host a dinner for Area 00 (each such occassion held roughly quarterly) at his or her London Club. After the great success of the first two such dinners (held last year at The Reform and The Carlton), I am pleased to announce preliminary details of the next event.

Club Crawl Mark III will be held at the very kind invitation of a Member at The Cavalry & Guards Club, 127 Piccadilly, London, at 7pm on 13th March 2008. If you would like to attend, please let Scott or myself know as soon as you can.

In passing, in case anyone has mislaid Scott's email and hasn't read thier AM News, the next Area 00 lunch will be tomorrow at The Bung Hole from circa 12.30. I hope to see you there.

Best wishes,

Tim
Quote 0 0
williamp
Tim,

how about this as an optin for 2008...

http://www.dinnerinthesky.com/
Quote 0 0
TVJL
Hi Will,

As a mild vertigo sufferer, I won't be taking part in anything like that. However, we aim to satisfy the wants and needs (within reason) of you Area 00 types. So, if people want us to organise something outrageous, we'll do our best.

By the way, don't forget the planned 'Run to the Sun' next year - an event that should be pretty full-on in its own right. BTW Olympus, I think you owe me an email on that one. I know July '09 feels like a very long way off, but outline plans need to be laid.

Best to all,

Tim
Quote 0 0
Webby
Don't forget the Run to the Sun? Do tell.
Quote 0 0
williamp
Yes, its  bit too much for me as well, but then I am a very casual Area 00 member, as my true heart lies in Area 3. i wont be able to make tommorow, either- I am meeting Richard at RS Williams which is very exciting.

Run for the sun??? Is that about a drive to Wapping?
Quote 0 0
TVJL
Just because the Club organises one thing well does not mean that there should not be, and cannot be, an alternative provided. Hence, the advent and (dare I say it) success of Area 00. It was and is an initiative that the Club needed, IMHO; not because there was or is something wrong with the other Areas (quite the contrary, in fact) but because Area 00 can reach the parts that the other Areas cannot. 

I, like the other RTTS co-conspirators I imagine, have the greatest respect for the formal tours organised by the Club’s Social Committee. (Matters could hardly be otherwise in my case, really, since I sit on that Committee.) But, we wanted to offer something more than a little different, more than a little ambitious, and more than a little outrageous.

The “Run to the Sun” is an idea dreamed up over a few drinks and a couple of dinners by the fevered minds of three or four Area 00 types – including our illustrious forum member Olympus. The idea is for a number of couples with their Aston Martins to meet up in St. James’ early one morning in the summer of ’09 and then - drive, hell for leather, to a (still TBA) prestigious and exciting location far far away in the sun. Along the way, the organisers will set up a series of luxurious ‘once in a lifetime’ Aston-orientated experiences. The trip should take 5 days and will end in an OTT party. When it’s all over, the satiated participants will fly home and the cars will be shipped.

Hedonistic? Of course. Over the top? Undoubtedly. Different? Well, what do you think?
Quote 0 0
williamp
Run to the Sun sounds like a good idea. Shame no-one got my pun about the Sun newspapers and Wapping....

Still, it sounds great and you should go for it. And if you organise it in septembner 09 it will make a lovely honeymoon for us...
Quote 0 0
John Purser
Early morning, St James, run to the sun - so you're going east ? Won't take 5 days to get to Margate, will it ?  ;D
Quote 0 0
TVJL
John Purser wrote:

Won't take 5 days to get to Margate, will it ?   ;D

Sadly, in some of my cars it would take considerably longer.
Quote 0 0
John D. Papaevangelou
It'll take longer to drive back from the secret destination! Tim, we'll talk about it in the Club Crawl Dinner in detail.
Quote 0 0
TVJL
OK Olympus, will do.

Which brings us neatly back to the (actual) topic in hand. I think we already have 7 takers for the Club Crawl. Please express your interest, if you have any, as soon as you can. If you haven't attended before, I can tell you that these events are well worth the effort. Do come and join us if it works for you.
Quote 0 0
TVJL
Just to bring this thread up to date, I think that we now have 9 confirmed takers for the dinner with 4 more possibles. If you are interested, even as a possible, please do let Scott or myself know so that we can make sure that the booking is accurate.

Thanks.

Tim
Quote 0 0
TVJL
As the old joke goes, 'Juan more time (with feeling)':

We will be putting the guest list to bed this week. So, if you would like to come along, please let either Scott or myself know as soon as you can. If you haven't met Richard Jackson - one of our candidates for Chairman - before, he will be in attendance at the dinner, thus affording a perfect convivial occasion to bend either his ear or his arm, as the mood takes you.

Quote 0 0
TVJL
Given the rider to my last post, I think that I should perhaps make clear that we are doing our bit to be as even-handed as we can about things re the contest for Chairman.

As I have indicated, Richard Jackson will be attending Club Crawl Mark III. To balance things out, rather neatly I like to think, John Goldsmith (who is, of course, our other candidate for Chairman) will be attending Area 00's next lunchtime meeting at The Bung Hole on 11 April. Do please come along if you are able and bend his ear or arm, as you see fit, similarly.
Quote 0 0
minty
Hey Tim and Bertie,

Many thanks for organising such a wonderful evening, and many thanks to our Cavalry & Guards Club member for being such a great host. It was lovely to catch up with young old friends as well as meeting new ones. A thoroughly enjoyable evening.
Quote 0 0
Lordsoandso
Same here David. Thanks chaps.
Quote 0 0
TVJL
Glad you had fun chaps. Roll on Club Crawl Mark IV, which may well be held at quite an unusual venue, relatively speaking.
Quote 0 0
N18WNG
Tim & Scott, thank you for another fantastic evening.
It was great fun as usual. Please pass on thanks to the member for inviting us to his club.
Quote 0 0
TVJL
I will indeed.

We will contact you all re the next event a little closer to the time and I will post something on the forum too.
Quote 0 0