TVJL
The (now) annual Area 00 Picnic at Hatfield House will take place on Sunday next.

For those who have not been able to attend before, this is a really nice event that offers an opportunity for members and their wifes / husbands / partners / children / friends to meet up at a super venue on a (hopefully) beautiful summer's day and display their cars in a selected area of the grounds of Hatfield House in Hertfordshire.

For information on the venue, do have a gander at: http://www.hatfield-house.co.uk.

Kick off will be from about 11 am. I will be there a little earlier to assist with directions etc. to the parking area that the HH people have, once again, kindly set aside for AMOC use. Picnic baskets, Panama hats, and 'interesting shorts' are all, of course, entirely optional.

I do hope that you will be able to attend.

Best to all.

Tim
Quote 0 0
AstonZagato
I might pootle down in the DBR2...
Quote 0 0
TVJL
AZ, What a great prospect! I, for one, would love to get 'up close and personal' with "The Bogey" over a sarnie and a glass of something refreshing. T
Quote 0 0
WolfVaB
Are sarnies really bacon sandwiches with ketchup?  Is it a generic term to describe any sandwich made with fresh bread?

signed,
The Colonies
Quote 0 0
TVJL
Wolf, the latter description is spot on (i.e. absolutely correct). The correct nomenclature (i.e. name for / given to) the former comestible (i.e. food) would be 'a bacon sarnie'.  

The weather in London is fabulous today. Let's hope it holds fair for tomorrow, which promises to be a great day. I have been made aware that a pretty diverse spectrum of Astons hope to participate - everything from a 1.5 Mk II to a DB7 Vantage may by in attendance.

Do come and join the fun, if you are able. Hatfield House makes a wonderful backdrop for our cars. Maybe we will be able to provide more Photoshop fodder for Wolf, come Monday. 
Quote 0 0
d7b
In the North, of England, the term is 'Butty' as in bacon butty!

Neil
Quote 0 0
mcatlin
As someone from Hertfordshire, used to live near Hatfield House so I know you'll have a great day,  I have to contend with tea cakes, baps,bread cakes etc and don't understand any of them.

Sorry can't be there tomorrow step son's birthday so having family day out. My best wishes to all attendees. Martin
Quote 0 0
AstonZagato
I'll pick my son up from cricket at 12 and stroll on down - there about 1ish.  DBR2 if fine, DB9 if not.
Quote 0 0
TVJL
A little bit humid this morning, and a little less sun so far, but still hot!

Hope to see some of you quite soon.
Quote 0 0
TVJL
Well, the sun continued to shine and how great it was to see everyone too.

Faces old and new (to me) pitched up, and I took a few ropey snaps, which I will endeavour to post (or post a link to) later today. I should have taken more but, as ever, ....

Cars in attendance? Someone will correct me, but I think the Aston roll call was:

1 x 1.5 litre Mark II
1 x DB2/4
1 x DB4 series 3
2 x DB6
1 x V8 Vantage series 3
2 x DB7 Vantage
1 x V8 Banham conversion
1 x DBR2 replica

Friends and family members of all ages were there (some came in 'other' cars), along with picnic tables, rugs, babies, dogs, and Bertie's impressive shorts! All this, and back in time to watch the footie too.

Roll on next year!

Best to all.

Tim
Quote 0 0