annereed
Area 13 have their annual karting competition on the evening of the 24th March.  If anyone wants to have a go with us, there are still a few spaces.  £35 for a good evening at the supposedly longest karting circuit in Europe - actually its a pretty good track with good karts.  Based just outside Salisbury on the Blandford Road.

Anne
Quote 0 0
WolfVaB
Karting is huge fun.  I’d sign up if it was a little closer. 
Overconfidence in a kart will lead to an introduction to the wall followed by a couple weeks worth of sore ribs to reinforce a lesson in humility.
:-[
Quote 0 0
mcatlin
Wolf and humility in the same post, what is the world coming to?
Quote 0 0
WolfVaB
I wrote a humble post two years ago.  Did you miss it?
Quote 0 0
Webby
WolfVaB wrote:

You bragging about your humble post Wolf?
Quote 0 0
mcatlin
WolfVaB wrote:

Obviously. No doubt it will be two years to your next one.
Quote 0 0
WolfVaB
Of course not, Webby.  With absolute certainty, I feel totally justified in proudly boasting of my being the absolute personification of humility.
Quote 0 0
Webby
You mean, you used to be conceited, but now you're perfect?
Quote 0 0
WolfVaB
I leave perfection to those (few) who are better men than I.  I'm content to be perfectly humble.
Quote 0 0
Tim M
According to Dickens you need to be 'Umble'
Quote 0 0
WolfVaB
Lord Brett Sinclair wrote:

Obviously. No doubt it will be two years to your next one.

I detect a distinct tone of resentment at my having so little to be 'umble about.
Quote 0 0
Tim M
We all 'ave to be 'umble when we are in the presence of the gentry.
Quote 0 0
mcatlin
Hear, Hear. Will have to practice my humbleness and humility if 'm to be re-elected to the Lords.
Quote 0 0
Tim M
Go for Flash and Brash, you'll have much more chance---in fact I seem to remember that's what you were---you're on a winner!
Quote 0 0
WolfVaB
Anne, did you fill those spaces for 24 March yet?
Quote 0 0
mcatlin
Tim M wrote:

Go for Flash and Brash, you'll have much more chance---in fact I seem to remember that's what you were---you're on a winner!

Moi?
Quote 0 0
annereed
We are up to 27 at the moment with the expectation of a couple more following our monthly pub meeting on Tuesday.  Happy for a few more though. 

Anne
Quote 0 0